Sign in to follow this  
Ray Ray

Nintendo Switch????

Okay, my daughter is wanting one for her birthday.  Turning 10.  What games/accessories/extras should I be looking at?  I know ZERO about Nintendo games, so any help would be greatly appreciated.  Where are my gamers at?!?!

Nintendo is always going to be good for Mario, Zelda, and other Nintendo exclusives. It is an interesting idea to have the mobile and console combined in one system. However like the past incarnations of Nintendo systems I don't see it have long legs. They will likely stop supporting it like they did the Wii U, Wii, and those before it. IMO she will tire of it within a year anyways. Is it worth spending $300 for a year of use to play a handful of games? That is for Each person to decide.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Switch is actually where it's at now for systems.  Portability, good games, etc.  Better for younger kids like your daughter too, Ray.

Games you should be looking at:

Super Mario Odyssey
Mario Kart 8
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Splatoon 2

For accessories, definitely look at the Switch Dock if you're going to go from mobile screen to TV.  Carrying case, screen protector, etc.  all good.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sevenshot said:

My old n64 still gets a lot of use when people come over.

When am I invited!  

45 minutes ago, Purple Patrick said:

Ask Dina

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Don't tell Allison, be quiet

• Like 1

[mention=2170]Krdshrk[/mention], any brain games?
Switch has plenty of security vulnerabilities. Which means there is homebrew games out there. So I'm sure there is brain games. Just don't input credit card or personal info into the Switch. Security vulnerabilities is a double edge sword. Allows homebrew but hackers can use the same entry methods.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1