Sign in to follow this  
silverado427

Opinions please

I think at $25 it would be a tough sell except maybe as impulse buys at Gun shows or craft shows. To sell online you will likely have to be under $10 in which case it probably isn't worth it, unless they can be mass produced.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, capt14k said:

I think at $25 it would be a tough sell except maybe as impulse buys at Gun shows or craft shows. To sell online you will likely have to be under $10 in which case it probably isn't worth it, unless they can be mass produced.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I have $10 in materials  for each one

Mrs Tex has a craft business. One of the big things we learned was people want stuff for nothing. They don’t want to spend more than $20 in most cases. Especially if there are a lot of vendors present. 

My advice, keep it under $20. Hell, I’d buy one if I saw you at a show somewhere. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

My advice, keep it under $20.

Exactly... there's a reason everything you see sold on TV has the price "Only $19.95"...  Extensive marketing has shown this is the best accepted price point.

Another ‘pro tip’....

People don’t value ‘hand made’, or made in America much anymore. The stuff they buy at these shows are mainly impulse buy things, again, under $20.

So MANY Chinese made craft imports that vendors buy for $1-2, and sell for $10-15. Hard to compete with that, when you account for time, materials, show fees,  and overhead of making handmade items. Even harder online, on sites like Etsy. It’s pretty brutal. That’s a large part of the reason she’s getting out of the business. 

I’m not trying to discourage you, but wanted you to know the realities of the handmade craft business. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

Exactly... there's a reason everything you see sold on TV has the price "Only $19.95"...  Extensive marketing has shown this is the best accepted price point.

Wal Mart will price it at $19.77 to give the impression you're saving a lot more money.

Another ‘pro tip’....
People don’t value ‘hand made’, or made in America much anymore. The stuff they buy at these shows are mainly impulse buy things, again, under $20.
So MANY Chinese made craft imports that vendors buy for $1-2, and sell for $10-15. Hard to compete with that, when you account for time, materials, show fees,  and overhead of making handmade items. Even harder online, on sites like Etsy. It’s pretty brutal. That’s a large part of the reason she’s getting out of the business. 
I’m not trying to discourage you, but wanted you to know the realities of the handmade craft business. 

Sadly you are correct. Though the trend is reversing on the bigger ticket items like cabinets, furniture, tools, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Put it in an Ebay search.  That should give you a general idea.  But don't forget the freight carges.  And if you do Ebay/PayPal Ebay takes 10% and PayPal takes 2.7%.  Otherwise with Father's day coming up you may be on to something.  Looks like a good last minute gift.