JMich3

RTSP or TTC?

I’m a new shooter trying to decide between RTSP and TTC as a home range, just looking for some genuine input on either range. I’ve been to both and liked both. Just wondering what more experienced shooters think

I've been to both, and think they are both really nice.  Are you about equidistant from both of them?

If the distance is not a factor, why not just shoot at both as a nonmember for awhile, and see if you start to develop more of a fondness for one than for the other. 

• Like 1

Ive never shot at TTC .. and im Biased towards RTSP since im a member there... but with RTSP you will soon have 2 different ranges to use with the same membership ... Randolph and Union :)

But I love RTSP .. friendly people, great range.   Gun prices  are a bit high compared to some other stores .. yada yada.

• Like 1

This is funny, I was just think about this very topic.I live pretty much exactly the same distance between the two ranges.

I am a member of RTSP and like it there. I almost never have to wait on a port (except weekend prime time) and I like the staff. I have bought a couple of guns there and have taken several guests, all of which have enjoyed the experience. I primarily chose RTSP because it was cheaper, but the price is now going up. The justification is that I will be able to go to 2 ranges, but that is not a factor for me. I will likely not go to the new range, as it is farther and offers nothing over Randolph (as far as  I know). I also like the members hours on the weekend.

I have gone to TTC as well, and it is a nice range as you know. The biggest benefit to me over RTSP is the 40 yard distance. With the recent RTSP price increase, it makes TTC the same price as RTSP if you chose the RTSP membership with rifle.

Both clubs are open to the public, and RTSP does do a lot of rental/new shooter business There have been instances of unsafe practices that i have seen first hand. The RO's do handle it well though. Not sure about TTC on this topic.

Bottom line, if you plan on shooting a rifle, i would go TTC, but if not, RTSP will save you a small amount ($75/year) and is a nice place with an option to shoot at two clubs.

I still haven't decided :)