Greenday

Black Rifle Coffee Company

https://www.blackriflecoffee.com/

Has anyone here tried it? I've had their CAF blend (Caffeinated As Fuck) and I think it tastes solid with plenty of caffeine needed to not fall asleep during the day. It's veteran owned and veteran employed. A portion of all profits go to military charities.

I'm looking to try some other blends of theirs but curious as to what other people think.

I discovered BRC not long ago, and have been drinking it for the last couple of months.  Yes, definitely a bit pricey.  I just drink it on my days off, as a special treat.  I got a bunch of it delivered a few days ago, as they were running a 25% off special.  

Oddly, I find that it saves me money, because a lot of times when I would have Starbucks in the afternoon, I have some of that instead.  (And yes, I know there are 2A issues with Starbucks, but their coffee is so damn good that I am willing to overlook them.)  

It's good coffee, but you can get better for the price locally.

http://www.jerseyshorecoffeeroasters.com/categories.php?category=Coffee/Single-Origin-Coffees

http://www.fairmountaincoffee.com/coffee-s/74.htm

Coffee is roasted fresh and the quality is outstanding.  I've spoken to the owner of JSCR several times and he truly has a passion for coffee.

I'm partial to the African medium roast coffees.

I tried it. Love the packaging and firearms references but I didn’t think the coffee was very good.  I prefer a lot of other roasters including rook coffee in Monmouth county. 

https://rookcoffee.com/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rob0115 said:

I tried it. Love the packaging and firearms references but I didn’t think the coffee was very good.  I prefer a lot of other roasters including rook coffee in Monmouth county. 

https://rookcoffee.com/

Everyone in the Long Branch area was so obsessed with Rook. I thought it was kind of overrated. Not bad, but people were making it out to be way better than it is.

• Like 1

If you like drinking strong, straight black, coffee, then give Valhalla Java Odinforce from Deathwish Coffee a try.

I make a pot of this stuff every morning using a Chemex and it comes out perfect. It's definitely strong but it's not overly acidic or bitter.

https://www.deathwishcoffee.com/products/valhalla-java-odin-force-blend

• Like 1

I tried Death Wish at NY Comic Con last year - holy cow... too strong for me but I'm not a huge coffee drinker anyway.

My sister's BF started up a coffee company as a side business... No clue how good they are but if anyone wants to try it, let me know!

https://kvegascoffee.com/collections/frontpage

4 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

I’m a long time fan of death wish.  

Most of the higher caffeine content coffees are made with Robusta beans rather than the Arabica we find in most places.  Many people dislike the flavor of Robusta because it tends to be more bitter and burnt wood tasting.  Although if you take your coffee light and sweet, it hardly makes a difference.  If your goal is caffeine intake, it's a good way to go.

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:21 AM, Old Glock guy said:

I discovered BRC not long ago, and have been drinking it for the last couple of months.  Yes, definitely a bit pricey.  I just drink it on my days off, as a special treat.  I got a bunch of it delivered a few days ago, as they were running a 25% off special.  

Oddly, I find that it saves me money, because a lot of times when I would have Starbucks in the afternoon, I have some of that instead.  (And yes, I know there are 2A issues with Starbucks, but their coffee is so damn good that I am willing to overlook them.)  

F()ck Starbucks!  BRCC for me.  Cheap compared to that green cup commie coffee.

• Like 3

Love BRCC. Ordered the Thin Blue Line Blend, Snipers Hide and Silencer Smooth. Thin Blue Line Blend is by far my favorite, its a nice medium blend with kick. I'm also partial to the blend being an LEO and that they donate money back to Law Enforcement Agencies in need and they are veteran owned. They have a life long fan in me. A little pricey but worth it I believe in the long run.

• Like 2

I have a strong love for coffee and enjoy trying new roasts. I've tried Black Rifles coffee before but to be honest i didn't find it as good as everyone says it is. Same with Death Wish. My coworker has a lake house in upstate NY and texted me a picture of it asking if I wanted him to grab it. I said sure as I've heard a lot about it. It was something like $22 and it wasn't worth half that. Very strong coffee can be bitter and it just had a dirt taste to it.

I always stop at Jersey Shore Roasters when in that area and also Talk N Coffee down in Deptford I believe. I haven't gotten anything from them that wasn't super tasty. The Black Cat is awesome. Really nice family owns it too and they're always talkative.

My go to for daily coffee is still Bustelo. But puerto rican beans are probably my favorite, it's just infrequent as my cousins don't send me coffee packages as often as I'd like.

I buy from this site.  I think they have about 350 roasters and good descriptions.  You can even describe your preferences and get recommendations back.  

https://www.tradecoffeeco.com/

On 5/15/2018 at 6:46 PM, Greenday said:

It's veteran owned and veteran employed. A portion of all profits go to military charities.

Just ordered a few bags.

As a Memorial Day Special, they're sending a bag to a deployed serviceman for every bag ordered.

Come on you slackers, support the military and place some orders!

https://www.blackriflecoffee.com/

• Like 2

OK you slackers, reason Number Two to order a few bags. The company is sponsoring a car at the Coca Cola 600 at Charlotte on Sunday. These sponsorships aren't cheap, they need your support (and orders).

nascar-cup-premium-motorsports-announcem

From the news release:

Jeffrey Earnhardt's car will carry sponsorship from the Black Rifle Coffee Company and Nine Line Apparel. Additionally, in the spirit of Memorial Day Weekend, the names of 617 men and women who lost their lives in service to the USA will adorn the hood of the race car.

Get your credit cards out and order.... STAT... NOW.... DO IT.....

• Like 2

I do the monthly subscription and picked it up when they were running a 20% off sale.   Anytime i pick up gear from them i use a coupon code to cut the costs.  Like the coffee better than most of the retailed bagged ground coffee.  

I wanted to order some but would be completely new to brewing my own coffee; i've always just drank instant coffee, haha.
That crap is so expensive and i wouldn't even know where to start; if i knew what i wanted i wouldn't have an issue with the price, but the up front cost of just finding out what you like best is going to be killer.
Certainly going to set up a nice brewing station and get into it once we move and i have some space for things.

Lambo, the Freedom Blend I tried was good.  I'm not a coffee snob by any means but enjoyed this much more than Clock Full Of Nuts, Folgers, 8 O'clock coffee, etc.  It's an occasional nice indulgence for me.

I had my wife pick out a bag last week during their buy a bag and they'll donate a bag promotion.  I texted her earlier today to ask her which blend she ordered.  She couldn't remember.  Lol.  So I guess I'll be surprised when it arrives.

It is on the pricier side and if you are single or only drinking one cup a day it's probably not worth it.

On the weekends we'll usually brew at least 8 cups worth.  Between my wife, myself and our oldest daughter it will go fairly quickly.

On 5/16/2018 at 9:02 PM, medved11 said:

If you like drinking strong, straight black, coffee, then give Valhalla Java Odinforce from Deathwish Coffee a try.

I make a pot of this stuff every morning using a Chemex and it comes out perfect. It's definitely strong but it's not overly acidic or bitter.

https://www.deathwishcoffee.com/products/valhalla-java-odin-force-blend

What he said ^  Plus it comes with cool stickers.  

Also - Koffee Kult dark roast.   Great for cold brewing for iced coffee.   Excellent for french press as well.   Got this on amazon subscribe and save as it's the daily brew for me and Mrs. Hungry. 
https://www.amazon.com/Koffee-Kult-Roast-Coffee-Beans/dp/B00PV4FG3Q?th=1

On 5/29/2018 at 11:09 PM, gleninjersey said:

Lambo, the Freedom Blend I tried was good.  I'm not a coffee snob by any means but enjoyed this much more than Clock Full Of Nuts, Folgers, 8 O'clock coffee, etc.  It's an occasional nice indulgence for me.

I had my wife pick out a bag last week during their buy a bag and they'll donate a bag promotion.  I texted her earlier today to ask her which blend she ordered.  She couldn't remember.  Lol.  So I guess I'll be surprised when it arrives.

It is on the pricier side and if you are single or only drinking one cup a day it's probably not worth it.

On the weekends we'll usually brew at least 8 cups worth.  Between my wife, myself and our oldest daughter it will go fairly quickly.

I Typically drink Tasters Choice instant coffee.. Kinda what my parents always drank growing up and thats what just got used to drinking, haha. Either that, or Turkish Ground Coffee if i need some extra zing.

I'll certainly be giving it a go. New house is Huge and i'll likely be living with the parents for a year or so before i commit to buying a home in the Glassboro Area (A NICE house is like $200k there.. Jesus, i've been saving for a house in Central Jersey and what i've been saving to put 20-30% down on a house in that area is like 50%+ for a similar house here, so sooner rather than later, its looking like). The area i'll be taking over is like 1600sqft (2nd floor), with the whole house being over 5,000 sqft (for the price of 2300sqft in East Brunswick). 
Will be building a little kitchenette up there and will certainly have space for any brewing equipment i might need that i simply don't have space for right now. Once that happens i'll definitely drop some coin on something nice and get into brewing real coffee. Seems like a cool "Hobby" haha.

• Like 1