matty

Royal Wedding

There are two females in the house this morning, and they both slept through it.

I happened to wake up around 7 and flipped around. 2, 4, 5, 7, 13, CNN, PMSNBC, Fox News all had it on.

The funny thing was it looked to me like they were all carrying the exact same single 'pool' feed. Just the commentary was different.

I didn't watch more than three minutes. But it was better than the harping I expected on the shooting yesterday. I suppose that will come later today and this weekend.

13 hours ago, matty said:

So of course my wife and daughter are watching this, :icon_rolleyes: how may of the women on here and at  y'alls shacks are tuned in? 

Dislike button pressed

• Like 2

The royals are sort of like American celebrities who are famous just for being famous. Prince Harry, Kim Kardashian, Snookie, those wives from NJ - all the same to me.

I'm reminded of the quote attributed to Eleanor Rosevelt:

" Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

10 hours ago, maintenanceguy said:

The royals are sort of like American celebrities who are famous just for being famous. Prince Harry, Kim Kardashian, Snookie, those wives from NJ - all the same to me.

There are certainly royals who fit that description, but Queen E's WWII record always impressed me.  

queen-elizabeth-IIs-time-wwII-makes-her-most-hardcore-head-of-state

The grandkids both had military careers; William flew helicopters, Harry even did a combat tour in Afghanistan, then founded the Invictus games.   So I'd rank the lot of them a few notches above Snookie and KimK.

I still didn't watch the wedding coverage, though.

There are certainly royals who fit that description, but Queen E's WWII record always impressed me.  

queen-elizabeth-IIs-time-wwII-makes-her-most-hardcore-head-of-state

The grandkids both had military careers; William flew helicopters, Harry even did a combat tour in Afghanistan, then founded the Invictus games.   So I'd rank the lot of them a few notches above Snookie and KimK.

I still didn't watch the wedding coverage, though.

I agree they have served their country well, and are far more important that Snookie or a Kardashian. However it is their country and I could give a damn about their marriages.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My wife slept in then did a 5K in the pouring rain. I drank my coffee and relaxed with the dog, listening to the rain and did some dog training.

What amazed me most was all these people who were bragging about getting up at 5-6am to watch this were a lot of the people who can't even get up early enough to get to work on time.

• Like 2