Soclydeza

Hello from Hunterdon Country

Hello everybody!  I created this account a month or so ago but this is my first post.  I've been shooting guns since I was a kid and finally got my FID about a year ago (not sure why it took so long; I would always go shooting with my dad or rent from RTSP since it opened - finally decided to take it all into my own hands).  I've always been very passionate about the 2A, it's always been the #1 political topic for me.  Given the political climate of the past ten years (especially recently), I've taken it upon myself to learn as much as I can about firearms and throw myself into the fight.  As a result, this has turned into a fullblown hobby for me (hell of a hobby to pick up as an NJ resident).

Anyways, I look forward to collaborating with and learning from you all, it's always nice to be among like-minded people!

@fishnut --- now why did you go and drag this innocent new poster into this epic battle? So wrong!

@Soclydeza --- ignore EVERYTHING you hear about this (except what I told you, of course!) :D

And seriously, there's definitely opportunities to get involved that you'll see on these forums, both politically and just socially. Hang on... I'll come back here in a min and add a link to an upcoming shotgun event right in Clinton. Probably not too far from you!

Edit: Here ya go!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

--- now why did you go and drag this innocent new poster into this epic battle? So wrong!

Fish knows what he's doing Peel.  We have to weed out the Taylor Hamsters before any more of them become mods here.

Welcome to the forum Soclcy....Solcyl....Soly....well, anyway, welcome to the forum Soc!

• Like 4

Welcome OP, glad to have you aboard and join the fight. Don't worry about the Taylor Ham/Pork Roll debate. The "learned", shall we say, on this site realize it's nothing more than pig lips and a-hole.

Welcome to the board. Hunterdon is a wonderful county. Check out the "events and meet ups" section frequently. There are shotgun shootouts posted (there's one next weekend) and they are great events to meet fellow forum members and be able to test out a ton of shotguns.

Haha, I like you guys already!  How about we split the difference, Taylor Roll?  Ham Pork?  Roll Ham?  Yes?  No?

I'd love to participate in some meetups/events.  Most of the people I know are either the "AR-15s are fully semi-automatic military assault rifles and there is no convincing me otherwise" types, or are pro 2A but have no interest in shooting.  It gets pretty lonely plinking by myself, I would love to meet some people with a similar caliber in interest (pun intended, I know that was bad...).  I won't be able to make the Clinton meetup this coming sat but I'll definitely keep my eyes open for other local events.

1 hour ago, JMich3 said:

I shoot at RTSP too, let me know when your heading that way!

Will do, that would be awesome!  Best times for me to go are sat/suns, though I won't be able to this coming weekend, but maybe the next or the one after.

11 hours ago, NJSigfan said:

Welcome to the forum and for the record it’s pork roll. 

as for plinking alone,just put a post out here and I’m sure half a dozen guys/gals would join.  I’m in the Clinton/Pittstown area if you ever want to shot at heritage or TTC 

Are you a member at TTC? I plan on shooting there this week hopefully. Haven’t shot there yet

3 hours ago, JMich3 said:

Are you a member at TTC? I plan on shooting there this week hopefully. Haven’t shot there yet

No I haven't been to TTC but definitely want to check it out, let me know how it is.  I'm also interested in checking out the Heritage Guild Easton range.  I'll put out a post soon to try and arrange for a meetup at one of these places.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2018 at 0:00 PM, Soclydeza said:

Hmm... I've heard and used both but I want to say Pork Roll is more common.

You cool, you can stay.  :)

Welcome.to the forums.  Keep an eye out for the Shotgun Shoot Outs (clay shoots).in Clinton.  

Make sure to invite your friends to the range or clay shoots.  

• Like 1

On 5/20/2018 at 4:13 PM, Soclydeza said:

Haha, I like you guys already!  How about we split the difference, Taylor Roll?  Ham Pork?  Roll Ham?  Yes?  No?

Comment deleted.  I tried to make a joke about the Taylor Ham / Pork Roll thread and when I re-read what I wrote - well, lets just say I failed miserably and appeared to be attacking someone personally.  Never my intent.  Mrs Peel you have my sincere apology.

Dean

Edited by mustang69
updates