gunforhire

This week on Gun For Hire Radio #364… Senator Loretta Weinberg joins the show and we have a civil discussion regarding the current and impending new gun laws in NJ. Sometimes you have to reach across the aisle and discuss the issues without shouting!

Excellent show Ant!  To get the Sen. to go the full hour with you was quite an accomplishment.   If nothing else, at least it demonstrates that we're willing to have that "dialogue."   I certainly don't think either side has changed their mind, at all, but at least we're talking intelligently and without the vitriol. 

Bravo Zulu!

Excellent show. Initially, incremental progress on both sides is the key. Invite her back. Send her some complimentary NRA training materials and offer her a free basic NRA handgun training course---one on one if necessary, to reduce the intimidation issue

15 minutes ago, SJG said:

Excellent show. Initially, incremental progress on both sides is the key. Invite her back. Send her some complimentary NRA training materials and offer her a free basic NRA handgun training course---one on one if necessary, to reduce the intimidation issue

Friendship first, make a friend

Even the thought of Sen Weinberg being on Gun For Hire radio would have had me envision pigs flying! Great job Ant! You showed her the human side of gun owners and opened a door for communication that was previously locked tight. The possibilities of you being chosen to sit on a committee are now there as well as the chance for future dialog. 

You won't change her core beliefs nor she yours but the possibilities for some small progress now exists. Thank you Mr. Colandro!:)

14 minute mark......the governor's talking to the governors of neighboring states about how to cut off "that pipeline". you realize that means they're gonna try to spread the virus, right?

she's not sure that due process is violated? so far, i hear her bs'ing you man.

And then of course the default mantra, if it saves just one life when talking about the 3 seconds to swap out a mag. There will be no give on that from them. But overall well done and civil. BTW  Ant, did you offer to let her shoot?

My point, Ray, was that you typically go scorched Earth with stuff like this and go full “Vinegar”.

Zeke typically preaches the “honey” approach.

I was just surprised to see the “make a friend” statement on your account, and wanted to make sure Zeke didn’t have you duct taped to a lawn chair in your basement.

• Like 5

Awww... am I the only one that realized Ray Ray is a thoroughly complex and multi-dimensional man who can exhibit aggressive, scorched earth behavior and yet also express thoughtful, gentlemanly sentiments?

(Luv ya, Ray Ray! :D)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Awww... am I the only one that realized Ray Ray is a thoroughly complex and multi-dimensional man who can exhibit aggressive, scorched earth behavior and yet also express thoughtful, gentlemanly sentiments?

(Luv ya, Ray Ray! :D)

Aw shit.... @Zeke got Peel too....

• Like 3

Did I make any headway with her anti position? Probably not. I think I did achieve something really good. Civil discussion and she spent 2 hours in the range walking around and taking to customers and staff. So maybe, just maybe, the next time she is drafting a bill she may go a little easier. Who knows, only time can tell. I will say that we have been communication a lot and she might put me on an advisory panel!

I had to take the shot. Digging our heels in and insulting her is not going to win her over for sure. We are in the weakest position we have EVER been in, in NJ so I extended the olive branch. Now I am working on getting the new Gun Czar in. I almost had the new AG (who has in fact shot here a few times) to come in but because I a the EVP of ANJRPC and we have the carry lawsuit against the State there was a conflict and he had to cancel.

I will say we should stop with the insults and be civil. NO I an not getting weak, I am being realistic.

Have a nice day!

Ant

Oh, one more thing.....

Ray, is that really you posting?

• Like 13

Good job reaching out. Who we really need to get the ear of right now is Steve Sweeney. Remind him of his previous NRA A Rating. Other than the courts he is the only chance left of stopping these bills from becoming laws.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Good job reaching out. Who we really need to get the ear of right now is Steve Sweeney. Remind him of his previous NRA A Rating. Other than the courts he is the only chance left of stopping these bills from becoming laws.

Cannot comment too much but that olive branch has been extended and and it has been received well. I also might have met with the new speaker of the house a few times. Wink. Wink.

Lets just say Sweeney hates the Gov more than he hates us!

A lot of this shit we can not advertise so I can say no more.

Ant

• Like 2

Cannot comment too much but that olive branch has been extended and and it has been received well. I also might have met with the new speaker of the house a few times. Wink. Wink.

Lets just say Sweeney hates the Gov more than he hates us!

A lot of this shit we can not advertise so I can say no more.

Ant
I figured he must hate Murphy more. Murphy bought his governorship then teachers tried to take his seat.

Just now, capt14k said:

I figured he must hate Murphy more. Murphy bought his governorship then teachers tried to take his seat.

Sweeney's goal is to bury and embarrass Murphy so he can run in 4 years!.

PS - Wanna hear a twist? I was sad that Menendez walked free. You too? If Menedez went down Murphy was going to give Sweeney the seat to get rid of him and get a more palatable senate president. We would have been triple screwed! So hear this from me - I am glad Menendez kept his job (never thought i would EVER say that!). This is the back door shit the majority does not know about. I got a lot more but I cannot post.

Ant

• Like 2

3 hours ago, High Exposure said:

My point, Ray, was that you typically go scorched Earth with stuff like this and go full “Vinegar”.

Zeke typically preaches the “honey” approach.

I was just surprised to see the “make a friend” statement on your account, and wanted to make sure Zeke didn’t have you duct taped to a lawn chair in your basement.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. 

1 hour ago, PD2K said:

Well at least she showed up. Thats a start...

Me too.  Never expected her to show.

Edit......and yes -- who are you and what did you do to Ray Ray?

:)

5 hours ago, High Exposure said:

Might be tough for Zeek to pull off.....Ray has a slight size advantage over him!:lol: