gunforhire

This week on Gun For Hire Radio #364… Senator Loretta Weinberg joins the show and we have a civil discussion regarding the current and impending new gun laws in NJ. Sometimes you have to reach across the aisle and discuss the issues without shouting!

Great Job Anthony.  If anything your establishment shows that there are lawyers, doctors, women, minorities, etc that frequent your range. Thank you for hitting a lot of the major points: magazine restrictions, CCW, (Sandy touched on exemptions), and mental health. I agree that digging in our heels from a disadvantageous position isn't going to get us anywhere. Get on those committees and represent our side!

17 hours ago, gunforhire said:

Sweeney's goal is to bury and embarrass Murphy so he can run in 4 years!.

PS - Wanna hear a twist? I was sad that Menendez walked free. You too? If Menedez went down Murphy was going to give Sweeney the seat to get rid of him and get a more palatable senate president. We would have been triple screwed! So hear this from me - I am glad Menendez kept his job (never thought i would EVER say that!). This is the back door shit the majority does not know about. I got a lot more but I cannot post.

Ant

Ant,

SOME of the folks here that aren't "on the INSIDE" need to be reminded from time-to-time of the nature of politics and WHY we can't spill the beans, especially when it comes to ANJRPC plans & "inner workings".  Maintaining a "low profile" & not disseminating ANY info protects the info itself but also leads to SOME Patriots thinking that the state Association is dormant, uncaring & "too old school" (Fuddy).  This creates the very problem I've been successfully fighting (w/o "giving the store away") both here & on Facebook.  Giving them a "peek" once in a while like you just did^^^, here in your Page, is a great communications tool!

Congrats again with the Senator!  Putting a HUMAN face on "the Gun Issue" can only HELP!

Rosey

• Like 2

It was a very good show! I'm glad that Anthony invited her, glad she accepted, and I enjoyed listening. Much is what I would have expected... the only thing that sounded like a "cheap shot" was when she was talking about the death threats, etc. on the Internet. Is it terrible?... yes, of course! It's awful, uncivilized and, I'm sure, very unnerving for the recipient. 

But does she honestly think that's a one-way street? Is it at all possible she could be that misinformed? :facepalm: I find that hard to imagine. Here's just 1 example: about a year ago, I talked to a spokesman from Hunters for the Hungry (a NJ program that harnesses the efforts of hunters to donate venison to NJ's food banks). He was VERY passionate about the cause, you could tell he was a sweetheart of a guy... he also was a hunter safety instructor, etc. This nice sweet guy was actually getting death threats left in his mailbox. Yeah, a guy who runs a non-profit that helps feed poor people is getting death threats because he's pro-2A. If that doesn't convince you, scan the comments on HuffPost sometime. Anytime a poster makes a pro-2A comment... see all the comments wishing violence and death on the poster, etc. The pro-2A side certainly doesn't corner the market on the angry, lunatic fringe - the anti-2A side has plenty of their own!

Sadly, the anonymous nature of the Internet "brings out the crazy" across all spectrums of debate - we even see it on these forums on occasion. Horrible things that people would NEVER utter to someone's face... somehow, when they're sitting behind a keyboard and shrouded by an anonymous avatar/alter-ego, they feel the nerve to type it out. It is what it is. Though I agree wholeheartedly that the behavior is WRONG from either side... I did sense the Senator was attempting to say, "wow, look how horrible your side is... worse than anyone else." So, I do call B.S. on that. (Worse yet, unlike the rest of us mere mortals, the Senator is conveniently protected during her work day by people with guns --- oh, the irony!) I'm not saying this to stir anyone up... merely to point out that uncivilized, threatening comments really do have a long-lasting negative impact --- it shuts down rational conversation. 

• Like 3

Ant,

I appreciate your and Sandy’s effort to have the senator on the show.  I also appreciate and respect the senator for attending. While her position on key 2A issues seems solidly entrenched, the start of communication and in person relationship building can only help over time. Time will tell.

9 minutes ago, ronhonda said:

What can be seen as a "good" thing will more than likely be used against us.

A steel match?  IDPA match?  I can see NOT attending a fighting rifle course to aviod the realization of what they are about though.

It would, humanize us.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Ray said:

A steel match?  IDPA match?  I can see NOT attending a fighting rifle course to aviod the realization of what they are about though.

It would, humanize us.  

Any international event shot in the Olympics.   Free rifle, free pistol, trap, skeet are but a few, and all are shot in NJ.  Ok maybe not Olympic Trap...I'm not sure if we have a bunker setup here.

14 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

I am willing to bet that a visit to a match would be great for everyone.  She can see what we do, and ask questions.  

and then formulate a way to make it illegal.

sorry......i appreciate what anthony's trying to do....but i do not trust her. not one bit.

11 hours ago, ronhonda said:

That would be a somewhat of terrible a idea.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ronhonda said:

That would be a somewhat of terrible a idea.

Depends upon the match.  Pennsy USPSA w/ 20+ round mags maybe not such a great idea, lol.  Bullseye pistol .22LR with a kid her grandkid's age, not so much.  Put a human face on a typical shooter.  Or a kid looking to earn a college scholarship with precision .22LR :)  There's "room" to meet in the middle on some of these proposals & take SOME of the sting out of them BEFORE they're signed into law...like grandfathering mags for instance!

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

and then formulate a way to make it illegal.

sorry......i appreciate what anthony's trying to do....but i do not trust her. not one bit.

I do not think she is doing that, but I am sure her supporters will be in her ear AFTER each interview with Mr. Colandro.