• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• I would be happy to have her.
    • The Lone Ranger was ambushed and captured by an enemy Indian War Party. The Indian Chief proclaims, "So, you are the great Lone Ranger"... "In honor of the Harvest Festival, YOU will be executed in three days." "Before I kill you, I grant you three requests" "What is your FIRST request?' The Lone Ranger responds, "I'd like to speak to my horse." The Chief nods and Silver is brought before the Lone Ranger who whispers in Silver's ear, and the horse gallops away. Later that evening, Silver returns with a beautiful blonde woman on his back. As the Indian Chief watches, the blonde enters the Lone Ranger's tent and spends the night. The next morning the Indian Chief admits he's impressed. "You have a very fine and loyal horse", "But I will still kill you in two days." "What is your SECOND request?" The Lone Ranger again asks to speak to his horse. Silver is brought to him, and he again whispers in the horse's ear. As before, Silver takes off and disappears over the horizon. Later that evening, to the Chief's surprise, Silver again returns, this time with a voluptuous brunette, more attractive than the blonde. She enters the Lone Rangers tent and spends the night. The following morning the Indian Chief is again impressed. "You are indeed a man of many talents," "But I will still kill you tomorrow." "What is your LAST request?" The Lone Ranger responds, "I'd like to speak to my horse...alone." The Chief is curious, but he agrees, and Silver is brought to the Lone Ranger's tent. Once they're alone, the Lone Ranger grabs Silver by both ears, looks him square in the eye and says, "Listen Very Carefully!!! FOR...THE...LAST...TIME.. "BRING POSSE!"
    • Good question! Id like to know too! I only found that link from a REDDIT post and recommendation. It sounds like its a popular budget purchase; similar to PSA. I can only assume the quality is similar too..  So, not bad and good for fun range toy; but not competition quality..
    • After the unpleasantness(no electricity, no heat, no open gas stations, ...)  of the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy,  I took preparedness much more seriously than ever before.   Vowed to be able to shelter in for two weeks without food stores, utility power, etc..  (I envy those of you who are prepared for a 3 month situation.)  I had acquired supplies spanning categories including emergency food, water, lighting, hygiene, medical supplies, communication, and of course, security; among others. A representative partial list of them are below. The sheep are already beginning to get restless/spooked.  I can envision a point very soon where that will increase exponentially.  By then you will have missed your window of opportunity to prepare.  Noticed this evening that almost every emergency food item at Wise (wisefoodstorage.com) is listed as "Stock is low" and in your Shopping Cart it also states "Stock is low.  Allow 2-3 weeks for delivery."  Will be interesting to see if this changes to "Out of stock" at some point. I already have Wise food on hand.    - Several days ago, I explicitly informed all my adult children that if they had not yet given thought to preparedness for their families, NOW would be a really good time to do so. One should also consider the potential for more complex scenarios such as a bad storm impacting electricity or a late March deep freeze causing broken water mains and impact on water supply to your home, etc.  COUPLED with limited utility crews available to respond due to the impact of the virus.  - Some of the OTC medical supplies I had previously  purchased and stored had gone well past their expiration date.  I checked them all several days ago, discarded them where appropriate, and backfilled them (Costco and Walgreens).   - We always refill our cars before they reach half a tank.  That gas also represents spare fuel for my generator if needed. - If you have prescription refills available (e.g. antibiotics)  you might want to consider refilling them proactively. - Have plenty of first aid supplies on hand such as: first aid kits, Neosporin, rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, aspirin, acetaminophen, ibuprofen, naproxine, etc on hand.  Same goes for children and infant strengths of those where appropriate. - Extra paper towels, toilet paper, soap, toothpaste, laundry detergent, etc.   - Baby wipes for personal hygiene, especially handy if there is any interruption to water supplies.   - Plenty of kitchen garbage bags and large contractor garbage bags, in the event of garbage pickup interruption. - Paper plates, plastic cutlery, etc. - Triple set of spare batteries for every flashlight, radio, radio scanner, smoke/fire detector, CO detector in my home. - Clorox disinfectant wipes. - Purchased an additional propane tank for my grill.   Going tomorrow to refill several empties that I have in my shed. - Cash money on hand in the event banks or ATMs close. Lastly, given this is a Firearms forum, I assume everyone is prepared from a "security" perspective.  A few years ago, I recall someone posting here a picture of a mob of customers at Walmart fighting to get a TV on Black Friday.  Imagine what they would do if it were for food.