Sign in to follow this  
Mrs. Peel

About this section...

Thanks @67gtonut for agreeing to add this section. Here's the reasons I requested it:

• I've noticed that Defensive Gun Use (DGU) stories tend to "die" at the level of the local community press - and they are rarely covered by national-level press.
  • As a result, normal everyday people/voters are simply unaware that DGU's are so very common - and that shapes their attitudes about guns - with a negative slant. (Personally, I think I'm reasonably well-informed... yet I was SHOCKED to learn how common they were when I first explored this interest).
  • Since this is a public forum, lots of people come on here who are either anti-2A or perhaps neutral. Let's help educate them about just how common DGU's are!
  • We also had a wonderful thread on DGU's started by one of our posters @CMJeepster ... but I've noticed if it's not refreshed constantly, it gets buried in all the other threads. So, the first thing I'm going to do is move that thread into this new section. You can either add onto it, or start new threads on each case - either way, let's start shining a light on this very compelling aspect of gun ownership.   
  • It's been requested to keep this section non-political --- no name-calling, political vitriol, etc. Just post the stories - with a few words about why it resonated with you.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this