Sign in to follow this  
Upfitter21

To build up current or sell and start new?

So I'm currently at the point where I'm getting ready to upgrade.  I've currently got a pretty low budget Anderson/DelTon mash up that has served me well but it's definitely time to upgrade.  I'm currently at the horrible age of 20 where I can't buy a stripped lower so I'd either have to buy a complete rifle or just buy an new upper and new lower parts while keeping the lower.  So currently I'm trying to decide whether to buy a BCM upper to replace my DelTon upper or just sell my current rifle and buy a nicer new one.

When u get to top tier uppers like BCM, Noveske,  Colt are quality.  They have a careful inspection process and produce quality products.  I would suggest buying a complete BCM upper from a online vendor and mate it to whatever lower you like.  I would keep your Anderson/Del-Ton combo as a spare.

I know Howell Gun Works was stocking BCM lowers which mates nicely to a BCM upper.

I have 2 complete BCM guns a 2 Colt Guns and a BCM upper on a Noveske lower.

The primary BCM gun has been flawless over 7,000ish rounds.

I also have some combos from CBC, Palmetto, Guntec, DSArms and they have been reliable as well and wouldn't hesitate recommending them.

If it's in your head that you want/need another gun then by all means get another one. What's the end game? Goal? Better accuracy? Something lighter? Heavier? 

Upgrade the trigger and optics on the one you got. See how you do. 

As far as lowers the name/stamp on isn't going to make you a better shooter. I recently shot a better group with my Anderson lower/radical upper then my friend with his LMT. 

Do/buy what makes you happy but it starts and ends with you behind the trigger.

Good luck. Have fun with it. 

Nick

Currently I'm having issues with my trigger pins walking out after 50rds which is more an issue with the parts kit and can probably be remedied easily with some KNS anti-roll pins.  My upper has a muzzle brake that rivals the report of my friend's 18" AR-10 which can get quite annoying.  My end goal is improving the quality of my build and lightening it up.  I probably have close to 3,000 or 4,000 rounds through it now and it has served well.  

• Like 1

Get an upper that just has a plain sport barrel. No brake or comp on the end.  The Smith Wesson sport model I believe is a plain barrel. 16" sport barreled gun with a Magpul carbine fixed stock is a nice light compact gun.