Greenday

Number of Rounds per Range Trip

17 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I ,”we” ( wife and I) need to give a lot thanks to @High Exposure

1 aim small miss small

2 drills. “Jus blasting paper is like ballistic masturbation”;  that piece of advice still cracks me up.

Nothing like a few new drills to remind yourself that you still can't hit sh*t.   A second, "hand-me-down", thanks to HE for that Zeke delivered dose of reality.   That being said...ballistic masturbation is soooo much more fun if you get to waste other people's ammo.   Sig220  muscle.  Jus sayin.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bighungry618 said:

Nothing like a few new drills to remind yourself that you still can't hit sh*t.   A second, "hand-me-down", thanks to HE for that Zeke delivered dose of reality.   That being said...ballistic masturbation is soooo much more fun if you get to waste other people's ammo.   Sig220  muscle.  Jus sayin.

That’s like ballistic rape

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zeke said:
51 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

Wow ! you guys are NBKs . I'm still on my first box  of 9mm. and 223.  :ninja:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:NBKillaz.jpg

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/5762aae3-a94f-4cd4-9957-e208e8dee139   :ninja:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greenday said:

My wife and I have started doing 200 rounds each. I've been doing 100 rounds standing and 100 rounds in the sitting position. My wife is working on precision, but I think she needs someone who can better show her what to do. Pistol shooting isn't my forte but I also think her target is too big. She basically likes targets that fill a large sheet so she's not being forced to be so precise.

200 rounds of 9mm is definitely way more expensive than .22 lr. She's looking for a .22 pistol for range time.

I agree with @Mrs. Peel regarding learning bullseye shooting first.  The A zone on  USPSA target is about 4x11 inches.  That's really big. The hit zone on a FBI Q target is enormous.  All much easier to hot than a 2 or 3" bullseye.

You need to shoot a group on a bullseye target first.  Shots plastered all over a silhouette might be a good score but lousy accuracy.  You worry about accuracy first and speed comes later.

1 hour ago, Sniper22 said:

If $40 for ammo is breaking your budget, you've picked the wrong sport to participate in.

Once again, the amount of lead you send down range has nothing to do with your skill level.  As I related above, 3 people, 3 hrs, maybe 300 rds and we got a lot done.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sniper22 said:

If $40 for ammo is breaking your budget, you've picked the wrong sport to participate in.

It doesn't break our budget. But if all she wants to do is plink away, getting a .22 isn't a terrible idea.

30 minutes ago, Greenday said:

It doesn't break our budget. But if all she wants to do is plink away, getting a .22 isn't a terrible idea.

I see more merit in a .22 conversion vs  another gun in your situation. That being said; we have a dedicated.22. But it’s only brought out for newbs. I’m not sure what doctrine you’re ranging under.. HD, fun, trolling etc. But for practical practice, practice on the weapon you’ll need/use

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zeke said:

I see more merit in a .22 conversion vs  another gun in your situation. That being said; we have a dedicated.22. But it’s only brought out for newbs. I’m not sure what doctrine you’re ranging under.. HD, fun, trolling etc. But for practical practice, practice on the weapon you’ll need/use

Well, living in NJ, I can't conceal carry because only cops and criminals are allowed to do that. We mainly just like target shooting. I want to be prepared for other possibilities which is why I want to get higher caliber rifles. I'm thinking 5.56 or 7.62 as they are super common and ammo will be easier to come by. 

21 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Can't conceal carry because the Democrats you keep voting and promoting for don't allow it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Ouch, but true!!

i have both in 22lr, conversion kits for some of my larger calibers, as well as dedicated.  The best is still a target model in any of the Ruger Mark series, my favorite being a Mark 2 Target with the tapered 8” barrel. 

Since I’m always tinkering with handloads plus I shoot 90% milsurp bolt rifles, not a lot. I’ll typically take 2-5 rifles and run 20-50 rounds through each. If I take my AR and/orHi-Point 9mm, that number goes up. I reload for every rifle I own. .223/5.56 to 8mm Steyr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Greenday said:

I did vote for Hillary specifically because she wasn't Trump. And she really isn't that anti-2A. She wouldn't have pushed for any ridiculous legislation, she's too conservative for that.

Representative - Republican

Senate - Hasn't been anyone worth voting for on either side of the aisle.

Are you retarded? 

She was an affirmative voice for the 94 AWB under her husband and has campaigned to ban the shit out of anything remotely modern since? How do you even develop these notions when the candidate themselves has stated otherwise past, present, and speculatively into the future? 

• Like 2

For 22 bullseye practice, usually 50 - 100. Centerfire kind of depends what I am practicing. I tend to shoot for accuracy not round count so unless I am working on double taps or something, maybe 50 rounds of a given caliber but sometimes less if I am working trigger control slow and steady type stuff. Sometimes more if I am doing double taps and rapid fire. I know the IDPA guys do tons more then I do :)

-Jim

As many as I can afford. But in all seriousness it depends on what i'm shooting at how i'm shooting. If i'm going long range with either bolt action or even semi auto, maybe 50 rounds. If i'm plinking I can go thru 200 rounds per caliber with 3 different calibers easily. Went thru 150 rounds of .44 mag with my Henry big boy and 629 shooting cans one time, that was expensive. 

14 hours ago, silverado427 said:

They will become wall mounted bottle openers With a magnetic bottle cap catcher.

IMG_1792.JPG

Nice idea and nice work.

As for how many rounds I go thru, it depends which firearm I’m shooting and what I’m doing.  If I’m shooting a bolt action rifle I may only go through a couple of 20 round boxes in an hour and a half. I seem to go through more ammo if I’m shooting a hand gun.  But after 100 rounds or so I pretty much feel like I’m no longer learning anything. I think the concept of training vs screwing around was covered pretty well.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2018 at 10:01 PM, Kevin125 said:

Nice idea and nice work.

As for how many rounds I go thru, it depends which firearm I’m shooting and what I’m doing.  If I’m shooting a bolt action rifle I may only go through a couple of 20 round boxes in an hour and a half. I seem to go through more ammo if I’m shooting a hand gun.  But after 100 rounds or so I pretty much feel like I’m no longer learning anything. I think the concept of training vs screwing around was covered pretty well.

Handguns. Do you do any training techniques? 

Idk it equates to pattern and touch and go’s

( Kev gets what I’m saying)

55 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Handguns. Do you do any training techniques? 

Idk it equates to pattern and touch and go’s

( Kev gets what I’m saying)

I find it difficult to shoot while doing touch and go’s.....

Grip, sight picture, sight alignment, breathing, trigger control.  I usually don’t load more than 5 rounds in a mag.  I feel like after 5 rounds I need to take a half minute or so break. Think about what I am doing wrong, then try it again.

That may not be exactly the right way to train but it helps me. 

• Like 1

On 7/13/2018 at 7:39 AM, silverado427 said:

They will become wall mounted bottle openers With a magnetic bottle cap catcher.

IMG_1792.JPG

Can we buy one of these when they're finished!  It would make a great raffle prize at one of our shooting events we hold throughout the year!