Sign in to follow this  
Malsua

The neighbor's dog gets a surprise

I was  hoping for a bit better but this will do.  Every day from 7 to 8 am, this shit machine loads up my yard.  Speaking to the neighbor would be meaningless.   I've had the Orbit yard enforcer for a couple years now.  It does indeed work.

9 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Is that the same thing Sweeney had?

Naw, Sweeney just had a buried system that he activated.

The more famous one is the Scarecrow.   After reading a bunch of reviews, most people who have tried both the Orbit and the ScareCrow prefer this one.

It was in place on Sunday but the foliage was in the way and didn't trigger.  I was hoping that asshole of a dog would get hosed completely but ah well.  He's a sneaky POS who poops and pees all over and he REALLY sets off my dog.

I love most dogs...but some owners are assholes, resulting in asshole dogs. Sadly, the thoughts I had for this dog went out the window when I read you also own a dog. Things like ghost pepper laced water in the hose feeding that, or treats laced the same way, or spreading a mixture in areas the dog would go so it gets all over him. Or just wait outside with a can of bear mace for your "bear" problem...

7 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Isn't there a town ordinance about not cleaning up your pet's poop?

Probably and there is also a state law that requires all dogs to be on a leash while off the owners property unless the private property owner give the dog owner permission. If it's public property the dog has to be on a leash unless it' a dog park, dog training area, or WMA during small game hunting season. 

Allowing a dog to run free off the owners property can also be considered animal cruelty and is a criminal offence in NJ but is usually plead down in court. 

36 minutes ago, Handyman said:

Catch him in a Have a Heart trap, spray paint him purple, and send him on his way.

I think skunk smell would be better.  They would probably just chain him outside for a week though.   I don't want to hurt the damn thing, I just wish they'd control him.

I've got video somewhere of my dog squeezing out the door past my wife and chasing that one down the street.   I found the entire incident hilarious :).    25lb white fluffy dog chasing down the much larger dog.  Oh and the cops, and animal control were there at the time due to a complaint(wasn't me) about that big one running out in the street.

12 hours ago, Malsua said:

I was  hoping for a bit better but this will do.  Every day from 7 to 8 am, this shit machine loads up my yard.  Speaking to the neighbor would be meaningless.   I've had the Orbit yard enforcer for a couple years now.  It does indeed work.

I laughed a little harder than I should have seeing the dog running out of the driveway.

5 hours ago, fishnut said:

Probably and there is also a state law that requires all dogs to be on a leash while off the owners property unless the private property owner give the dog owner permission. If it's public property the dog has to be on a leash unless it' a dog park, dog training area, or WMA during small game hunting season. 

Allowing a dog to run free off the owners property can also be considered animal cruelty and is a criminal offence in NJ but is usually plead down in court. 

i did not know that.

FWIW, my town has a leash law. No dogs allowed to roam free. It also has a pooper scooper law. If your dog drops it, you pick it up. That applies to public property only. A dog may not crap on private property, except the owners, even if the owner picks it up. If your town has these, and since you have video documentation, go to the cop shop and file a complaint. Let the dog owner explain it all to the judge.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NickySantoro said:

FWIW, my town has a leash law. No dogs allowed to roam free. It also has a pooper scooper law. If your dog drops it, you pick it up. That applies to public property only. A dog may not crap on private property, except the owners, even if the owner picks it up. If your town has these, and since you have video documentation, go to the cop shop and file a complaint. Let the dog owner explain it all to the judge.

Leash law is a state law. You are correct the police or animal control can only issue a summons if they are the ones that witnessed the dog off the owner's property otherwise it is up to the op to sign a complaint. "Dog running at large" is a mandatory court appearance in NJ. And fines can go any where from 50 to 1000 bucks per offence. 

• Like 1

Just now, 1LtCAP said:

i can think of so many fun things to do with one of these........

Here's one.   Set it up across the path out to your car to catch early morning critters.  When you leave for work, forget to shut it off.  Wait until your significant other goes out to get the mail. Hilarity ensues!   Collect your belongings from the yard when you get home.