I joined the NRA a few months ago and they sent me a link to activate free firearms insurance, which I did not activate at the time.  I just got myself a new pistol last week and thought it'd be wise to finally check this insurance out, but that activation link comes back with "resource has been removes or is temporarily unavailable".  I tried doing it through the online membership site and saw nothing about it.  I did a google search, the few links I found for it (in articles talking about/advertising it) also don't come back with anything.  I can't find anything saying it is no longer available but also can't find anything allowing me to activate it.

Would this have anything to do with all the pressure put on the NRA recently?  I saw an article about how NY isn't allowing their insurance anymore, wasn't sure if something similar happened in NJ/nationwide or if this has something to do with the insurers dropping the NRA.  Does anyone know anything about this?

And now all the dipshits that don't read social media will come out of the woodwork :) 

NRA's insurance carrier is trying to drop them, probably because they're run by Anti's.  It's hard to maintain a policy when your carrier drops your coverage's in several plans at once.

Patience is a virtue.  In the meantime, get on social media where the action is :) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

And now all the dipshits that don't read social media will come out of the woodwork :) 

NRA's insurance carrier is trying to drop them, probably because they're run by Anti's.  It's hard to maintain a policy when your carrier drops your coverage's in several plans at once.

Patience is a virtue.  In the meantime, get on social media where the action is :) 

Oh I've been balls deep in the social media circus on the subject, just more of the "AR47s are super semi automatic laser cannons that have attachments for Hannibal's death elefants" side than the NRA side.  I knew their insurance was affected, didn't know it screwed the whole program though.

1 hour ago, Soclydeza said:

Oh I've been balls deep in the social media circus on the subject, just more of the "AR47s are super semi automatic laser cannons that have attachments for Hannibal's death elefants" side than the NRA side.  I knew their insurance was affected, didn't know it screwed the whole program though.

Got it.  Best suggestion is to frequent the Facebook pages of well-known gun groups such as NJG Discussion, Cheesman's Syndicate page, CNJFO and others.  These will give you the facts you seek, and do so 1-3 days ahead of reading it here.  In this manner you can skip all of the noise of AK laser cannons :) .  

12 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

Ouch! I don't think that's fair.  :facepalm: I get it... you LOVE Facebook! ;) But, many of us don't. I don't like the format. I don't like the "look at me" self-absorbed nature of it. And I really don't like the political machinations of it's creator and CEO, Zuckerberg. (I generate a good part of my income creating exec LinkedIn profiles - so it's not like I'm anti-social media either).

I've reviewed several gun-related Facebook pages --- and I find them to be no more interesting or relevant than some of the gun-oriented news sites like The Truth About Guns, NRA-ILA, Bearing Arms, or some of the political websites that overlap into 2A issues. And if it's a local issue of some importance that's specific to NJ - I'll pick it up here, because either you will come on and post it (and thank you for that cross-posting service)... or I'll get it through an email blast from ANJRPC (which is a free service if people don't realize that). But, I think you need to accept that some of us just don't dig Facebook for a range of reasons... and that's probably not going to change. That's why most big companies/organizations do "fully integrated" marketing plans that operate on multiple platforms (Facebook, Twitter, email blasts, press releases on their website, etc.) - because they know that some people will naturally gravitate more to one format than another - it is what it is.

Signed,

Facebook Hater, But Not a Dipshit. :)

• Like 5

Bloomberg and Soros are the backers for the company that funds the NRAs insurance.

This why Gonzales, Hackathorn, Vickers, Spaulding, and Scott Reidy (Sig Training Academy) started FTA:

http://www.ftaprotect.com/

They wanted to roll it out at the NRA show and their big entry into the Firearm Insurance world got a little lost in the hub bub of the show.

6 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Ouch! I don't think that's fair.  :facepalm: I get it... you LOVE Facebook! ;) But, many of us don't. I don't like the format. I don't like the "look at me" self-absorbed nature of it. And I really don't like the political machinations of it's creator and CEO, Zuckerberg. (I generate a good part of my income creating exec LinkedIn profiles - so it's not like I'm anti-social media either).

I've reviewed several gun-related Facebook pages --- and I find them to be no more interesting or relevant than some of the gun-oriented news sites like The Truth About Guns, NRA-ILA, Bearing Arms, or some of the political websites that overlap into 2A issues. And if it's a local issue of some importance that's specific to NJ - I'll pick it up here, because either you will come on and post it (and thank you for that cross-posting service)... or I'll get it through an email blast from ANJRPC (which is a free service if people don't realize that). But, I think you need to accept that some of us just don't dig Facebook for a range of reasons... and that's probably not going to change. That's why most big companies/organizations do "fully integrated" marketing plans that operate on multiple platforms (Facebook, Twitter, email blasts, press releases on their website, etc.) - because they know that some people will naturally gravitate more to one format than another - it is what it is.

Signed,

Facebook Hater, But Not a Dipshit. :)

Life isn't fair.  I don't LOVE Facebook, I'm merely saddled with it.  I've never taken a selfie.  I don't have the luxury of non-communication because I don't like the format, the know-it-all's that seem to come out of the woodwork, the owner or anything having to do with the owners' politics.  If tomorrow everybody (and by that I mean tens or hundreds of thousands--hell one article I wrote reached 2.3 MILLION people and got public pressure applied to a NJ school board) decided to go onto a different site, I'd have to go there IF I wanted to remain relevant & timely.  It is what it is and sometimes I hate it too.  To me Facebook is a daily newspaper, loaded with everything from ads to real news.  Readers can limit which pages they "like" so that they can control what stories they wish to see or be notified about.

I understand the hate for the platform.  I wish I had the bodies necessary to make a wider splash, but I (we) don't yet.  We're working on it.  I have volunteers that do what they can, and some have more time to donate to the 2A cause and therefore react more timely than others.  The spreading of innuendo, falsehoods  and half-truths is a daily struggle for me both on Facebook and the Forum.  Lathers get whipped-up and lurkers become the misinformed (and procreate) as myths collide in a ride straight down the toilet of emotionalism.  Give someone 10% fact and thru human nature they're quite willing to make-up the other 90% all on their own.  So I'm guilty-as-charged for trying to put a stop to it BEFORE it happens.  Before the NRA haters rear their ugly heads.  Before the trolls come out to wreak havoc.  Before the spies get to "play".  I don't mean to ever come-off as a know-it-all, and that's why I "farm-out" writing assignments or ideas that let others do things "in their wheelhouse" as they volunteer for us.  I seek no glory, and rarely self-promote using my own image.  I don't even use my name in a byline.

With all that said, if an apology is due, then I hereby issue one.  There is a fine line between right, wrong & gray area.  I sometimes cross it in an effort to not have to write "War & Peace" on every subject.  Then I find myself writing paragraphs to explain.  I'm still learning, so please bear with me.  I tend to get into trouble when I take a shortcut (like my answer in this thread).  I'm going away for a few days and am considering leaving the laptop at home, as I'm feeling "burn-out" and need a rest.  I need some "ME time".

Signed,

Fellow Facebook Hater & Dipshit Extraordinaire :) 

1 hour ago, Smokin .50 said:

With all that said, if an apology is due, then I hereby issue one.  There is a fine line between right, wrong & gray area.  I sometimes cross it in an effort to not have to write "War & Peace" on every subject.  Then I find myself writing paragraphs to explain.  I'm still learning, so please bear with me.  I tend to get into trouble when I take a shortcut (like my answer in this thread).  I'm going away for a few days and am considering leaving the laptop at home, as I'm feeling "burn-out" and need a rest.  I need some "ME time".

Anytime you see this: ;) and/or this: :) in one of my posts... it means NO apology needed because I'm being light-hearted. It would be utterly ridiculous for ME to expect an apology from YOU considering the hours you put into this 2A cause. You don't think I know that? I'm a realist... a grounded, eyes-wide-open kind of person. Don't apologize! Sheesh.

I was merely pointing out that many pro-2A folks just have never taken to Facebook as a platform... and that probably isn't going to change, no matter how much well-intended pleading, cajoling or ribbing you do. And I've no doubt it's quite maddening that you're pumping out lots of info on Facebook but some folks aren't seeing it... and then sometimes those are the same people that bitch. I get it. (On a side point, I also can't quite understand anyone getting overly upset about the loss of the NRA insurance... is that really why anyone joins the NRA? I don't think so!) So, pls... let this exchange roll off of you like water off a duck's back. And DO stick with your plan... to step away from the laptop on your trip!! I hope you're going someplace fun. Enjoy yourself:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blksheep said:

However it's a cheap and easy way to advertise for businesses.

When ever I see a business that ONLY uses FB to advertise their business, but won't invest in a regular web site with information, I take my business elsewhere. That tells me what the service or product they're selling is probably the same, Cheap or Easy, or they cut corners.

7 hours ago, Sniper22 said:

When ever I see a business that ONLY uses FB to advertise their business, but won't invest in a regular web site with information, I take my business elsewhere. That tells me what the service or product they're selling is probably the same, Cheap or Easy, or they cut corners.

Painting a picture with a broad brush.  

Companies starting out with low capital and a great product can get a jump start on advertising with social media.  

I understand the website thing...however I have seen a shit ton of companies with awesome Websites and less than stellar products or services.

It's the whole body of work that I prefer.

5 hours ago, blksheep said:

Companies starting out with low capital and a great product can get a jump start on advertising with social media.  

I understand the website thing...however I have seen a shit ton of companies with awesome Websites and less than stellar products or services.

Precisely why we maintain TWO websites PLUS a Facebook page, AND our Communications Director's tweets annoy Shannon Watts and others from the gun grabbin' side of the street!  The Justifiable Need site even directs readers to fill-out personalized "form letters" to both the NJ Assembly & Senate.  Of course everything costs money to maintain and SOME don't even bother to join, which translates into an uncaring kick in the nuts by members of "The Gun Community".  With so many gun owners in NJ we should have an advertising budget in the millions, and be able to buy both AIR & BILLBOARDS that overlap all 21 counties.  Instead we struggle every day to get folks to stop hoarding ammo long enough to click on our website to join.

http://www.JustifiableNeed.com

http://www.cnjfo.com 

6 hours ago, blksheep said:

You don't understand. It's two things..

First, it costs a few hundred dollars to get a URL and put up a web site THAT YOU OWN. Most hosting companies even have templates you can use to make a site to list all your products or services. If this is a financial burden for a company, I really question their viability and where else they cut corners.

Second, a company DOESN'T Own Facebook, so putting all your apples and visibility of your company on someone's elses web site, that can disappear by one mouse click by Zuckerberg, is totally stupid. And that's before all the crap Facebook injects into feeds on those FB pages. You can't control the content they add to your page, who knows what other products or services come up on a companies FB page.

Totally stupid to rely on someone else (that you don't pay for) to control the visibility of your company. That also goes for Youtube, Instagram and Twitter.