gfl216

Waffles vs Pancakes

Waffles vs Pancakes   

43 members have voted

1. 1. Having a debate with my daughter on which is the superior food waffles or pancakes. I vote waffles.

• Waffles
    • Pancakes

19 minutes ago, gfl216 said:

Waffles are so much better and not only can they be paired with eggs and bacon but can also move to the dinner table along side chicken or for dessert with ice cream

Wow, have I got a place for you!

http://www.coneywaffle.com/

they make waffles with brownie batter and fill it with homemade ice cream.

Also @Scorpio64, this place is close to you.

My wife buys a malted waffle mix for our breakfast waffles. It is freaking awesome.

2 hours ago, High Exposure said:

Wow, have I got a place for you!

http://www.coneywaffle.com/

they make waffles with brownie batter and fill it with homemade ice cream.

Also @Scorpio64, this place is close to you.

My wife buys a malted waffle mix for our breakfast waffles. It is freaking awesome.

Is that the place in Long Branch?

Pancakes, of course! The fact that waffles are in the lead leaves me baffled... and quite vexed if truth be known... must be the same Neanderthals that voted for pork roll over Taylor  Ham! :facepalm: 

(Although, chicken & waffles is a wondrous creation - and if you're ever passing through Northwest NJ, may I recommend 4Chicks Café in Newton where it's a specialty of the house - definitely add the bourbon maple syrup for an extra buck - it's the bomb!)

3 hours ago, Greenday said:

Mmm yes.

I like pancakes because of their fluffiness and being filled with fruit is wonderful.

Dude you get a hole punched in your man card due to using "fluffiness" and "being filled with fruit is wonderful" in the same sentence :(

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

The fact that waffles are in the lead leaves me baffled... and quite vexed if truth be known...

You don't get it. All the holes in the waffles hold so much more butter than flat pancakes!

• Like 2

My nearly daily breakfast is two pancakes three eggs over easy and bacon.  The pancakes replace two slices of bread and I eat like a sandwich—it gets messy but great.   Lots of real black Canadian maple syrup. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

My nearly daily breakfast is two pancakes three eggs over easy and bacon.  The pancakes replace two slices of bread and I eat like a sandwich—it gets messy but great.   Lots of real black Canadian maple syrup. 

Near daily? I hope you have a good cardiologist...

11 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Pancakes, of course! The fact that waffles are in the lead leaves me baffled... and quite vexed if truth be known... must be the same Neanderthals that voted for pork roll over Taylor  Ham! :facepalm: 

• Like 4

Waffles > Pancakes

Let me list the reasons:

1.  Waffles give you a grid to cut by.
2.  All food wants to be served in Waffle form (Waffle fries, Waffle cones, etc.)
3.  They can be Sweet or Savory.  
4.  Delicious Fresh or Frozen. (Who would ever eat a frozen pancake?)
5. Waffles are Crispy and fluffy vs Soggy lumps of dough.
6. Waffles can be made in different sizes - with different pocket depths to hold the really good stuff... like Ice Cream!
7. When's the last time you saw a Pancake at a Continental Breakfast?
8.  Chicken & Waffles
9. Waffles can be used to make Sandwiches.  I've made a Pork Roll, Bacon, Egg & Cheese sandwich on a Waffle before and it was spectacular.  A Pancake would have fallen apart.
10.  You can make waffles out of just about anything. Brownie waffle?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Waffles > Pancakes

Let me list the reasons:

1.  Waffles give you a grid to cut by.
2.  All food wants to be served in Waffle form (Waffle fries, Waffle cones, etc.)
3.  They can be Sweet or Savory.  
4.  Delicious Fresh or Frozen. (Who would ever eat a frozen pancake?)
5. Waffles are Crispy and fluffy vs Soggy lumps of dough.
6. Waffles can be made in different sizes - with different pocket depths to hold the really good stuff... like Ice Cream!
7. When's the last time you saw a Pancake at a Continental Breakfast?
8.  Chicken & Waffles
9. Waffles can be used to make Sandwiches.  I've made a Pork Roll, Bacon, Egg & Cheese sandwich on a Waffle before and it was spectacular.  A Pancake would have fallen apart.
10.  You can make waffles out of just about anything. Brownie waffle?

I admire your passion... your organization and logic... your due diligence... and yet... pancakes have taken the lead!! Why? Because they're just better:laugh:

• Like 1