Sign in to follow this  
silverado427

Any fans of the Sig 2022 9mm

Do you mean Sig Pro 2022?  I've never heard of a 2220, only SP2022 or P220.

If so, I have been a fan for years.  I was close to getting a second Sig Pro a while back, likely a 2340.  Think I paid $450 for mine new with night sights a few weeks before Newtown.  Has run everything I have thrown at it so far with zero issues (other than my own lack of skill shooting handguns).  It's a poor man's P229, except 2/3 the weight.

2022_1_sm.jpg

2022_2_sm.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Malice4you said:

Do you mean Sig Pro 2022?  I've never heard of a 2220, only SP2022 or P220.

If so, I have been a fan for years.  I was close to getting a second Sig Pro a while back, likely a 2340.  Think I paid $450 for mine new with night sights a few weeks before Newtown.  Has run everything I have thrown at it so far with zero issues (other than my own lack of skill shooting handguns).  It's a poor man's P229, except 2/3 the weight.

2022_1_sm.jpg

2022_2_sm.jpg

Yes my bad.

I've got one that's about 12 years old with about 9K rounds through it. Other guns may be prettier or a little more wieldy, but the thing shoots straight and shoots every time. It's one of the best buys out there, especially considering the price of other Sigs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Persona non grata said:

I was considering adding one of these a little while back just so I could have a hammer fired 9 mm at a decent price. Never got around to it, but maybe I should take another look.

Not to dissuade you, but the H&K P30 or CZ P07 Compact would be viable options as well.

7 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Not to dissuade you, but the H&K P30 or CZ P07 Compact would be viable options as well.

Very true that I do have options. Sadly, I think the P30 is out for me. This might sound strange, or even heretical, but I like shooting my P320 more than my VP9. (I know, different gun, but the similarities are numerous.) My VP9 has the better trigger, but I vastly prefer the grip on my P320. I've tried playing around with the grip inserts on the VP9 and I can find other configurations I like...until I actually shoot it. Then it's the same as always, where it just doesn't feel right, and it feels slippery compared to the P320.  I just can't seem to find a configuration that feels like I have a solid grip on it while shooting. The P320 also seems to have less felt recoil shooting the same ammo, which I find odd, since I thought the VP9 had a lower bore axis and weighed more.

Then there's the whole HK won't sell to Israel thing (not that Israel needs HK's weapons). That turns me off about HK as a whole. 

The CZ could be a winner, though. I should probably see if any of the ranges here have one to rent. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Persona non grata said:

This might sound strange, or even heretical, but I like shooting my P320 more than my VP9. (I know, different gun, but the similarities are numerous.) My VP9 has the better trigger, but I vastly prefer the grip on my P320.

Then there's the whole HK won't sell to Israel thing (not that Israel needs HK's weapons). That turns me off about HK as a whole.

I have a VP9, and I wanted a P30 to use the same magazines.  Which was my reasoning.  I then felt a CZ P07 Compact and now I want a second one, as back up.

I have never heard of H&K not selling to Israel, do you have more information on that?

2 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

I have a VP9, and I wanted a P30 to use the same magazines.  Which was my reasoning.  I then felt a CZ P07 Compact and now I want a second one, as back up.

I have never heard of H&K not selling to Israel, do you have more information on that?

I was very close about a year ago to buying a P30 for the exact same reason, but I went with the P320 instead. 

As for HK and Israel-

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/09/john-boch/heckler-koch-no-gun-sales-israel/amp/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Persona non grata said:

I was very close about a year ago to buying a P30 for the exact same reason, but I went with the P320 instead. 

As for HK and Israel-

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/09/john-boch/heckler-koch-no-gun-sales-israel/amp/

Thanks for the read.  I do not think it was done for racial issues, but done as a blanket ban.

12 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Thanks for the read.  I do not think it was done for racial issues, but done as a blanket ban.

I tend to agree about it being a blanket ban, but it still doesn’t quite sit right with me. One of the countries in the Middle East isn’t like the others. I’m not about to take my VP9 and film myself destroying it, or even sell it, but I’ll certainly see if there are other competing products that would do the same thing before buying another HK.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Persona non grata said:

I tend to agree about it being a blanket ban, but it still doesn’t quite sit right with me. One of the countries in the Middle East isn’t like the others. I’m not about to take my VP9 and film myself destroying it, or even sell it, but I’ll certainly see if there are other competing products that would do the same thing before buying another HK.

Would you do the same thing with guns made in Turkey?

9 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Would you do the same thing with guns made in Turkey?

I haven’t run into that situation yet, but it would probably be a factor. It wouldn’t be a determining factor, but it would play into my decision. By the way, it isn’t a boycott mentality as much as just being cognizant that other options exist that *may* fit into my worldview better. If I boycotted every company that didn’t hold my worldview, I would pretty much have no possessions and would likely starve.

Anyway, I think we’ve derailed this thread far enough. Back to Sig 2022s!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Persona non grata said:

I haven’t run into that situation yet, but it would probably be a factor. It wouldn’t be a determining factor, but it would play into my decision. By the way, it isn’t a boycott mentality as much as just being cognizant that other options exist that *may* fit into my worldview better. If I boycotted every company that didn’t hold my worldview, I would pretty much have no possessions and would likely starve.

Well, I do not buy firearms made in Turkey.  It isn't a boycott, it's just me not wanting to support a country that wants me AND YOU dead.  

• Like 2

SP 2022 is the first handgun I ever purchased. It's my primary HD weapon and I shoot it extremely well. You can't go wrong getting one. The only caveat is the mags are pricey. 

On 6/4/2018 at 8:00 PM, brucin said:

The only caveat is the mags are pricey. 

Prices have come down on these recently. If you look, you'll find the same prices as Glock/Beretta/CZ/other Sig mags:

10 round mags - $20

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/sig-sauer-magazines-c-123/sig-sauer-sig-pro-sp2009-sp2022-10-rd-9mm-mecgar-mgsp910b-p-1689.html

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/sig-sauer-sp2022-9mm-10-round-magazine.html

15 round mags - $29

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/sig-sauer-sp2022-2340-2009-9mm-15-round-magazine.html

Thanks for the info. Have you used these? Do they perform as well as Sig factory mags? I'm sure Ill be replacing a number of 15 rounders soon.

On 5/31/2018 at 1:21 PM, Ray Ray said:

Well, I do not buy firearms made in Turkey.  It isn't a boycott, it's just me not wanting to support a country that wants me AND YOU dead.  

Well, knowing quite a few people from Turkey, I can tell you many are appalled by what is happening there. The Turkish people, by and large are friendly to Americans and until this current regime got into power a few years ago they were very much a partner with the US against extremism in the Middle East as a moderate Muslim majority country based on secular law. Many blame the US for allowing “Arab spring” and not speaking out when these exteremists took control in Turkey and Egypt. Egypt kicked them out but in Turkey they are dug in like ticks. 

I’m just saying, things change. Hopefully they change again there soon. 

Far as the 2022 goes, I have thought about those for a while. Well proven gun with police forces all around the world for a reasonable price using a similar design to the p226/220. Hard to go too far wrong with it. 

-Jim

• Like 1