gunforhire

Everyone needs to start contacting our legislators non stop. Make it a family sport until June 7th. Slam all their lines!

Outstanding! I was going to come on and post this, but you did it first! I'm personally taking up this challenge.  I'm going to do a combo plan of calling/emailing... because I feel like being extra-pesty. ;) Today, I emailed them. What about the rest of you?

FYI, if you open the link Anthony provided... you'll see that ANJRPC made the emailing process ridiculously easy, even providing a "suggested message" for each day leading up to the vote... sheesh, you don't even have to come up with the script, people! All you have to do is:

• open a new email
  • cut and paste the body of the message (edit if you choose)
  • cut and paste the addresses they've provided into the "to:" line
  • (update: depending on your email system, you might want to send an email to the first column of names - the Assembly members - then send a second email to the NJ Senators (the 2nd column) - apparently some emails will be doggy if you put too many names on the "to:" line - thank you, @raz-0!)
  • Send them on their way!
  • repeat daily (with the new message of the day)

Honestly, if you have EVER complained about how this state abuses it's legal gun owners (ironically, while being soft on hardened criminals)... there is just NO EXCUSE not to do this effortless task.

given the size of the list, your email provider may impede the delivery of the mail if you do it all at once. Both gmail and office 365/outlook.com claim 500 per mail, but I can tell you MS will lock you down way sooner than that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

given the size of the list, your email provider may impede the delivery of the mail if you do it all at once. Both gmail and office 365/outlook.com claim 500 per mail, but I can tell you MS will lock you down way sooner than that. 

Good tip. There are 2 columns - people might want to send the email twice - plug in the first column (the Assembly people) send that, then plug in the 2nd column (members of the NJ Senate), then send that. Still very easy-peasy!

• Like 1

OK, went full abuse. 

From MS brand infrastructure, I can tell you that either 

1) MS outbound is limiting delivery or 

2) njleg is hammered and backing up or 

3) both. 

They are all just sitting in the mail queue undelivered. 

Done.  Even got a quick reply back from Kevin Rooney’s office

Thank you for reaching out with your position. I understand your concerns with protecting the second amendment, they are shared.  New Jersey has the third most restrictive gun laws in the nation. Any legislation that restricts the constitutional rights of law abiding New Jerseyans must not be advanced.

Going forward, I will continue to fight for your rights and be the loyal opposition to legislation that goes too far.

Kevin J. Rooney
Assemblyman District 40 
OFFICE INFORMATION: 

1211 Hamburg Turnpike

Suite 301

Wayne, NJ 07470

PH: (973) 237-1362

www.kevinjrooney.com

Facebook | Twitter  | Instagram

34 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

I’m confused. Didn’t this already pass the Assembly?  The focus should be on the Senate members, right?

The Assembly passed the bill they had, the Senate makes revisions in the bill and the Assembly needs to vote on the amended bill.  AKAIK:)

Sent it with delivery receipt option but bounce back message said: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Then went on and listed all the recipients. I'm thinking something went wrong with the with email addy formatting so you may want to check your formatting.. I re-sent it after tweaking the format and looks like it went...

• Like 1

Made some changes and sent it to all listed. When the vote does happen will the ANJRPC post all those that voted and HOW they voted? Like an organization did when NY pulled their midnight bullcrap a few years ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, capt14k said:

Why am I getting please enter a valid email address? I tried copy and pasting one side and then the other. Neither side worked. Using gmail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got that error too when I first cut the list from the web page and pasted into the To: field in the IOS Mail app.  The web page has the emails separated by a semicolon and new-line. I think IOS replaced the new line with a comma so I ended up with “email;, email...” and it was rejected by the outgoing email server. 

Ended using the web interface instead of the Mail app and it pasted and sent fine. 

• Like 1

I got that error too when I first cut the list from the web page and pasted into the To: field in the IOS Mail app.  The web page has the emails separated by a semicolon and new-line. I think IOS replaced the new line with a comma so I ended up with “email;, email...” and it was rejected by the outgoing email server. 
Ended using the web interface instead of the Mail app and it pasted and sent fine. 

That was the problem. Thank you. Sent through the browser.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1