SW9racer

Looking for cool factor Beretta or Desert Eagle

I was going to wait it out for a P365, but it’s seeming more and more it has some design flaws that I don’t know if I would totally trust it over my current LCP2 and G43.  

So for my next purchase I am going for the cool looks. I am currently thinking the classic of a Beretta Inox, or go big with a Desert Eagle in 357mag double action (and maybe also get the 50ae conversion).  

Thoughts or other ideas?

23 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Dislike button pressed, and deleted the picture in my quote.  

Also unfriended @JohnnyB

Well that's a bit extreme....I never did put that ugly frame back on the gun.

That Beretta will remain with the original grips forever since it was meant to be.

Thanks again for setting me straight!:)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Well that's a bit extreme....I never did put that ugly frame back on the gun.

That Beretta will remain with the original grips forever since it was meant to be.

Pics or it didn't happen 

6 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

If you’re getting a beretta get a Wilson combat version. 

And another recommendation for the Wilson Combat Beretta.  Absolutely a fantastic version of the 92fs.

4 hours ago, SW9racer said:

I am liking the M9A3.  Thoughts on black vs dark earth? And is the frame polymer or aluminum?

Aluminum.  I have a M9A3.  Love the VERTEC style grips - fits great in my hands.

They just announced the Black version but none are at retailers/distributors yet AFAIK.

TjEXccd.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Love the VERTEC style grips - fits great in my hands.  They just announced the Black version but none are at retailers/distributors yet AFAIK.

The Vertec grip angle feels wrong

A black M9A3?  Maybe I don't need an M9A1 then

On 6/2/2018 at 9:41 AM, SW9racer said:

I was going to wait it out for a P365, but it’s seeming more and more it has some design flaws that I don’t know if I would totally trust it over my current LCP2 and G43.  

So for my next purchase I am going for the cool looks. I am currently thinking the classic of a Beretta Inox, or go big with a Desert Eagle in 357mag double action (and maybe also get the 50ae conversion).  

Thoughts or other ideas?

The desert eagle is a single action pistol. There is no double action version. The baby eagle is DA/SA but is a cz-75 derivative, not the same as the full zorch desert eagle. 

5 hours ago, shooter28 said:

Pick up a 92 and send it off to Wilson Combat for some work. Will definitely add a "cool factor" as well and a nice performance increase as well. 

I had my old 92 completely redone by Wilson.  It costs the same as buying an entire gun from them but it’s awesome.  I have 2 WC and 1 WC compact.  They’re amazing. If they do an a3 I’m in.  

Here’s my DE fiddy on instagram after dehorning, trigger work, adjustable hi viz sights, new grips and a paint job.  

And I know it’s upside down  

20180514_223636554_i_OS.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rob0115 said:

I had my old 92 completely redone by Wilson.  It costs the same as buying an entire gun from them but it’s awesome.  I have 2 WC and 1 WC compact.  They’re amazing. If they do an a3 I’m in.  

Here’s my DE fiddy on instagram after dehorning, trigger work, adjustable hi viz sights, new grips and a paint job.  

And I know it’s upside down  

20180514_223636554_i_OS.png

Yea some of their packages are pricey. I picked some options off the a la carte menu and felt I got great return for the money. Ill probably send it back for some other options later this year. 

That DE is sick!

Update, I was going to go with the M9A3, and while still justifying the price in my head, a lgs had a barely used 92a1 come in, of which I negotiated and snagged for much less than half a new a3.  Made in Italy, rail, dovetail front site, 2 original mags and the original blue plastic beretta box. Cleaned, oiled, runs perfect. 

So, are there any must have mods for this model, or is it awesome enough out of the box?

On 7/15/2018 at 8:28 PM, SW9racer said:

So, are there any must have mods for this model, or is it awesome enough out of the box?

On 7/15/2018 at 9:23 PM, mustang69 said:

For function try the "D" spring.  

This is a must.  Also, Alleganny (spelt wrong) gun works can do a "G" conversion for cheap and a quick turnaround.   Grips, G10 all day.  It would also need a light.   Oh, and MecGar magazines.  Wait, a decent holster.