revenger

National reciprocity?? where are we

I was going to say "dead in the water"  I don't want to be accused of being of not being  cheerleaderistic enough. So, I'll say it has met some challenges, but under the right paradigm, there is a high probability of a successful outcome.

National reciprocity (NR) does almost nothing for those in states who's rights are most under assault. If you are a NJ resident and can't carry now in NJ, you will not be able to carry if NR ever passes. It is a "special interest" proposal that helps the "elites" on both sides, and a very small % of shooters who are not elites. Really a misguided effort by the NRA and waste of political resources when so many (more) important 2A issues are on the table. Even the NRA spokespeople make a lame case for "NR", "So I can take my gun when I want to eat in a restaurant in a lefty state". Sorry, can't feel sorry for you, when so many in places like NJ, CA, etc. will be put in jail or shot for carrying at all outside their home.

If they change NR, to National Carry Rights for all (which would intrinsically contain reciprocity), I'd be 100% behind it. And it would be consistent with the "bear" in Keep and bear arms for all citizens.

On a "happy" note, I'm very impressed with the NJ-NRA-Affiliate's efforts with the recent NJ Shall-Issue law suite, and the pending mag-limit suite. This is stuff that actually has a chance for helping every NJ shooter, and the only chance we have. The federal-level republican legislation will not come to our aid, even with all 3 parties as republican's, and not enough gun owners in NJ vote out the lefties here (shame on us for the amount of apathy or maybe they just want a sanctuary state over carry rights ;-) - go figure).

• Like 3

National Reciprocity is a campaign promise that has been utterly broken by the Republican Party.  They had majorities in the House, the Senate, and a sitting President, and they said they would do it when they ran for office, and they got elected, and they didn't do it.

• Like 3

I think he still may. NRA dumped a ton of cash into him based on it. He's waiting for the right time. You cannot expect something like this to go through or even mentioned during a mass shooting,. It would just not look right. Everything needs to calm down.
He has been fulfilling promises. He's hell bent making sure things are done as promised.

• Like 7

There will never be a good time to pass reciprocity. The shootings are going to increase in frequency.The MSM will see to that with glorification of the shooters and promoting competition among would be shooters.

That's why we need to flip the script. Gun free zones and lack of ccw has not worked. We need to eliminate gun free zones and allow every law abiding citizen to carry.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

On 6/5/2018 at 3:17 PM, capt14k said:

That's why we need to flip the script. Gun free zones and lack of ccw has not worked. We need to eliminate gun free zones and allow every law abiding citizen to carry.

On 6/5/2018 at 2:46 PM, bobblackrifle said:

There will never be a good time to pass reciprocity. The shootings are going to increase in frequency.The MSM will see to that with glorification of the shooters and promoting competition among would be shooters.

Have to ask if all these "events" were actually anomalies or not...

Unfortunately many people on either end of the spectrum wouldn't be above taking life to get their way.

Have to ask if all these "events" were actually anomalies or not...

Unfortunately many people on either end of the spectrum wouldn't be above taking life to get their way.

There were exactly zero witnesses or video evidence of James Holmes, Adam Lanza, or Nicholas Cruz pulling the trigger. San Bernardino witnesses said 3 athletic white males and their lawyer said they were found handcuffed in the vehicle. Media coverage ended. What do you think?

On 9/5/2018 at 2:19 PM, revenger said:

called congressman Hudsons office today asking for an update and they are as frustrated as much as we are,   The swamp is to blame.

Senators worried about getting re-elected?

38 minutes ago, Downtownv said:
Latest Action: Senate - 12/07/2017 Received in the Senate and Read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary. 

So, it's been sitting since December with ZERO action...

59 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Senators worried about getting re-elected?

So, does anyone think the Senate will vote on it after this November, assuming the Repubs still have the majority in the Senate, and don't lose it?

On 9/13/2018 at 5:58 PM, Sniper22 said:
Latest Action: Senate - 12/07/2017 Received in the Senate and Read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary. 

So, it's been sitting since December with ZERO action...

So, does anyone think the Senate will vote on it after this November, assuming the Repubs still have the majority in the Senate, and don't lose it?

Not with that pussy McConnell there...

McConnell needs to be pressured to bring this to a vote before the end of the year in the R-controlled Senate.

The bill that passed the House in this current session will never see the light of day as a new bill now that the D's will control the House come January.

DO IT NOW, MITCH !!!!!!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, njJoniGuy said:

McConnell needs to be pressured to bring this to a vote before the end of the year in the R-controlled Senate.

The bill that passed the House in this current session will never see the light of day as a new bill now that the D's will control the House come January.

DO IT NOW, MITCH !!!!!!!

I completely agree. It's now or never.

• Like 1

The only way this will ever happen is if SCOTUS grows a pair and makes it the law of the land by saying all others violate the Constitution.
And that won't happen yet. Not with Kav being a big proponent of Stare Decisis and history.

2 hours ago, SuRrEaLNJ said:

itll never happen. it was never going to happen. the gop will never stand up for us

There's a guy that gets it. If it WAS going to happen, we just had a Repub controlled Congress and White House, so did it happen?

Plus, on the fairytail belief that the Senate passes it in the next few weeks, do you really think OUR communist state will it allow to be implemented without a MAJOR fight?

• Like 1