mustang69

Mauser HSc

Anyone have an opinion on a Mauser HSc pistol?  Haven't bought it but I've got my eye on it while I wait for the OGAM clock to let me buy again.  It's one of the later commercial .380 models from the 70's, looks like new in the original box, papers, 2 mags and the brush.  I know nothing about these.  Are they collectible?  With the heel mag release it's not something I would carry.  Doesn't seem to be a lot of info on the interwebs about them.

Any comments / feedback / opinions appreciated.

Thanks

Anyone have an opinion on a Mauser HSc pistol?  Haven't bought it but I've got my eye on it while I wait for the OGAM clock to let me buy again.  It's one of the later commercial .380 models from the 70's, looks like new in the original box, papers, 2 mags and the brush.  I know nothing about these.  Are they collectible?  With the heel mag release it's not something I would carry.  Doesn't seem to be a lot of info on the interwebs about them.

Any comments / feedback / opinions appreciated.

Thanks

No real collectibility for the commercial models. Especially for commercial post war models. They were cheaper made pistols to replace the more expensive Walther PPK and Sauer 38H. Most made in the 1970s were .380.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a near mint WW2 Commercial rig which is probably worth $1500 with 2 correct mags and a very rare Mauser ink stamped holster. It is not as desirable as some other WW2 pistols though.

Any postwar model is probably not worth more than $500-700 currently. They are not really collectible but if it has all the accessories it might be worth more in the future. The only one really worth an investment is the early low grip screw model of WW2.

I have a near mint WW2 Commercial rig which is probably worth $1500 with 2 correct mags and a very rare Mauser ink stamped holster. It is not as desirable as some other WW2 pistols though.

Any postwar model is probably not worth more than $500-700 currently. They are not really collectible but if has all the accessories it might be worth more in the future. The only one really worth an investment is the early low grip screw model of WW2.

I am unsure of the holster value, but the Hsc just doesn't command the premium other pistols do. I recently made a deal on a wartime issued Matching Hsc near mint with 2 mags and holster for $850.

Post-war I would value at $350-$500.

7 hours ago, GRIZ said:

As 14k said no real collectibility for commercial models.  They were also made in Italy.

What's the asking price?

I think the asking price is $450.  Could probably get it for a bit less.  

Imo...its a future investment that will not lose value.

Imagine if you will we had the foresight or were born during the time of 35 dollar Enfields ....  the surplus guns postwar no one wanted and or sporterized....  as is a no4 t that I have...sporterized by bubba.

So if you can g wet it at 400 375 ish...buy bnb ot and put it away... :)

They r not making any more of them

Imo...its a future investment that will not lose value.  

Imagine if you will we had the foresight or were born during the time of 35 dollar Enfields ....  the surplus guns postwar no one wanted and or sporterized....  as is a no4 t that I have...sporterized by bubba.

So if you can g wet it at 400 375 ish...buy bnb ot and put it away... [emoji4]

They r not making any more of them

Part of the allure of the Enfield is the history of them. IMO there is going to be a crash in Milsurp Prices just like what happened with Civil War Firearms Prices. The reason is going to be more supply than demand. When all those 70+ year olds start dying off and their collections hit the market there won't be enough demand to buy them up which will drive down prices. All bubbles burst.

If Milsurp prices drop commercial prices will never rise.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Part of the allure of the Enfield is the history of them. IMO there is going to be a crash in Milsurp Prices just like what happened with Civil War Firearms Prices. The reason is going to be more supply than demand. When all those 70+ year olds start dying off and their collections hit the market there won't be enough demand to buy them up which will drive down prices. All bubbles burst.

If Milsurp prices drop commercial prices will never rise.

I dont disagree with this, nazi pistol prices from what I hear are flat....I dont collect them. 

I have said this about garands as you know

But as collectors some things u cant pass up

It's hard for me right now I refuse to pull any other permits in NJ for handguns.  I'll save my money and wait for free america.

Not to derail to talk about enfields...but they are a slickrifle....  not so much the no1...but the no4 to me is one I would bet life and limb on.

And no matter what's aaid6...they shoot if you do your part

I dont disagree with this, nazi pistol prices from what I hear are flat....I dont collect them. 
I have said this about garands as you know

But as collectors some things u cant pass up
It's hard for me right now I refuse to pull any other permits in NJ for handguns.  I'll save my money and wait for free america.
Not to derail to talk about enfields...but they are a slickrifle....  not so much the no1...but the no4 to me is one I would bet life and limb on.

And no matter what's aaid6...they shoot if you do your part
Every Enfield I have owned has been accurate so I agree.

Nazi/Imperial/Commercial German Pistol prices have been flat. Besides the Hsc I just got a matching Mauser 1914 and Polish P64 for $95 shipped. Granted it wasn't a standard sale but if I did buy all entries it would have been $655 shipped for both. Of course I only have one permit left. Likely will sell the P64 for whatever the low end of the going price is.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, GRIZ said:

Depends on how bad you want it.  I've paid a bit more for things I really wanted.

Meh.  It does nothing for me.  It fits the profile of what I like to collect - original box, papers, etc - but the model itself doesn't interest me.  I don't find it particularly attractive, it's not IMO a shooter so I'll wait until OGAM is up to see if anything more interesting comes along.  I have a few NJ permits to use before I move to NH...