Sign in to follow this  
revenger

vehicle lighting question

looking to assemble a light to mount on my driver side A pillar.

Light would be used to reciprocate all the A-Holes who installed HID lamps in their saturns or LED light bars on the front of their pickum up trucks.

would like to incorporate various color and intensity lasers and carbon arc lights perhaps modifying my TIG welder with a directive reflector,  Anyone know if aircraft landing lights from 747's or     C-5's on the market.

any thoughts?

Yes, a xenon spiral tube used as a "tickler" to start a high power laser fired into a pair of high speed, rotating hexagon mirrors (one per headlamp.  Use a blue white laser diffused with a quartz crystal so no one goes blind!

Rotating mirror assembly can be purchased as a school supply.  Better make sure you buy the laser as a "research item" as its above the .5 mw limit. 

Have fun!

back in the day, i did something like this once.

i had a chevy p/u that i used to take to little mill rd all the time. so...i had a bunch of those big old kc lights mounted. 6 on the roof, 2 on the grille, and 2 on the snowplow light mount(in the summer). guy came down laurel rd with beams on. i flashed.....nothing....flash again, nothing. so i hit all the switches. i made daylight. sadly for me, one of stratfords finest happened to see me being a bit of an asshat.........

Is this really worth bliding someone to the point it could cause a massive accident?

What's wrong with your high beams? A flood light Led bar, the one you're probably experiencing on the road is bad enough. 

I'm also pretty sure what you're inferring about is highly illegal on the road. 

I really don't understand why cops don't pull people over more for that crap, it's not legal to put a HID in a halogen housing since they arent DOT approved. 

8 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

I really don't understand why cops don't pull people over more for that crap, it's not legal to put a HID in a halogen housing since they arent DOT approved. 

It's no different than the people who drive around with illegal window tint and don't get pulled over.  It's probably not an expensive enough ticket so it's not bothered with.