gunforhire

Day 8 final push!

Interesting! My call to the Assembly office was taken by a nice, but frazzled woman... when I said I was calling on a bill, she asked my name and town, and immediately said, "are you calling to say NO to the gun bills?" Then she had to put me on hold to take another call. Hmmmm…. sounds like they're getting swamped with calls against this legislation. Good, now I'm going to ask my brother to call too. (He doesn't even own a gun, lol, but he doesn't like government overreach - so he'll do it!)

I HOPE ALL OF YOU READING THIS ARE PARTICIPATING!! And if you've don't NOTHING so far... it's not too late to pick up the phone and make a few calls... and ship out an email blast! 

Interesting! My call to the Assembly office was taken by a nice, but frazzled woman... when I said I was calling on a bill, she asked my name and town, and immediately said, "are you calling to say NO to the gun bills?" Then she had to put me on hold to take another call. Hmmmm…. sounds like they're getting swamped with calls against this legislation. Good, now I'm going to ask my brother to call too. (He doesn't even own a gun, lol, but he doesn't like government overreach - so he'll do it!)
I HOPE ALL OF YOU READING THIS ARE PARTICIPATING!! And if you've don't NOTHING so far... it's not too late to pick up the phone and make a few calls... and ship out an email blast! 

Not to be cynical, but where did it get you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, capt14k said:

Not to be cynical, but where did it get you?

Personally? The disgust that I feel has actually motivated me:

1) this will make me even more pro-2A... because I'm ticked... and because I see some troubling trends nationally too. ! I have some ideas I've been noodling on, and this is going to push me to do them. That's not a bad thing.

2) at the same time, because I do believe NJ is uniquely onerous, I'm going to amp up my exit planning - my search will no longer be limited to Pennsy either. It's not just the gun issue propelling me---these latest laws are just one indication of of the state's mindset. I see NJ headed in the wrong direction in at least 5 different ways! It's just not a place I want to call home anymore.  I won't leave while my elderly father is still alive - and of course, I hope he's with us for a long time - but I'm going to use that time efficiently to research options and get all my "ducks in a row". I'll be actively preparing for the next chapter of my life, whereas up to this point it was far more casual.

So for ME? This effort was... clarifying. 

21 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

1) this will make me even more pro-2A... because I'm ticked... and because I see some troubling trends nationally too. ! I have some ideas I've been noodling on, and this is going to push me to do them. That's not a bad thing.

2) at the same time, because I do believe NJ is uniquely onerous, I'm going to amp up my exit planning - my search will no longer be limited to Pennsy either. It's not just the gun issue propelling me---these latest laws are just one indication of of the state's mindset. I see NJ headed in the wrong direction in at least 5 different ways! It's just not a place I want to call home anymore.  I won't leave while my elderly father is still alive - and of course, I hope he's with us for a long time - but I'm going to use that time efficiently to research options and get all my "ducks in a row". I'll be actively preparing for the next chapter of my life, whereas up to this point it was far more casual.

I wish you the best of luck in re: that planning.  I just hope there is a place for you to go to by the time you're ready.

Every day we see growing evidence of "anti-gunner"  infiltration in states that were solidly "2A friendly."  Florida in particular, but also Texas, Arizona (getting a lot of the Kommiefornians fleeing the taxes), etc. etc. Pretty soon, there won't be very many places we can go, unless you don't mind being in the cold of the Midwest states and the Tornadoes... (Kansas, etc.). 

All I'm saying is, "choose wisely," so that you don't have to choose a 2nd or 3rd time. 

I had already made the decision to get the hell out. My feeling now is the 2A groups need to earn their donations, because if I’m leaving anyways I don’t give a damn what happens, but if they show their worth I will still send funds til I am gone. The ball is in their court.

11 minutes ago, capt14k said:

I had already made the decision to get the hell out. My feeling now is the 2A groups need to earn their donations, because if I’m leaving anyways I don’t give a damn what happens, but if they show their worth I will still send funds til I am gone. The ball is in their court.

I'm with you on leaving.  But we sure as hell have to give a damn what happens.  This disease is only spreading.  No matter how far you run, it's going to catch up with us if we just ignore it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HBecwithFn7 said:

Every day we see growing evidence of "anti-gunner"  infiltration in states that were solidly "2A friendly."  Florida in particular, but also Texas, Arizona (getting a lot of the Kommiefornians fleeing the taxes), etc. etc. Pretty soon, there won't be very many places we can go, unless you don't mind being in the cold of the Midwest states and the Tornadoes... (Kansas, etc.). 

All I'm saying is, "choose wisely," so that you don't have to choose a 2nd or 3rd time. 

I hear you! As I see it, no matter WHERE any of us move, the national anti-2A push (aided and abetted by Hollywood and a complicit media) is why we really can't flee AND concurrently abandon the cause. If we do, rest assured, the 2A will disappear - either by some big legislative action, or  through"death by a thousand cuts". There is NO option but to be engaged as far as I'm concerned, regardless of what state you're living in. But, as I said, it's so much more than the anti-2A attitude propelling me - it's the god-awful taxes, the congestion, the health insurance costs, the car insurance costs, the skewed legislative priorities, etc. The anti-2A B.S. is like "icing on the cake".

4 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I hear you! As I see it, no matter WHERE any of us move, the national anti-2A push (aided and abetted by Hollywood and a complicit media) is why we really can't flee AND concurrently abandon the cause. If we do, rest assured, the 2A will disappear - either by some big legislative action, or  through"death by a thousand cuts". There is NO option but to be engaged as far as I'm concerned, regardless of what state you're living in. But, as I said, it's so much more than the anti-2A attitude propelling me - it's the god-awful taxes, the congestion, the health insurance costs, the car insurance costs, the skewed legislative priorities, etc. The anti-2A B.S. is like "icing on the cake".

And that is why I'll "stand my ground" in Florida and fight for it.  Florida is worth fighting for. 

9 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Whenever I tell people that I'm moving I often get something along the lines of "oh you just want to keep your guns."
Every day during my hour long (at least) 25 mile drive to work, I can feel my blood pressure going up.  This state is designed to kill people.  I'm leaving for a better life for my kids, a better life for my wife, a better life for me...and I won't complain about the 30 round mags.

• Like 2

I'm with you on leaving.  But we sure as hell have to give a damn what happens.  This disease is only spreading.  No matter how far you run, it's going to catch up with us if we just ignore it.

I agree we need to stop the spread but N.J. is lost. Rallies, emails, phone calls, backroom deals, all bullshit.

• Like 1