blksheep

Personal Pet Peeves....Judgement free thread.

22 hours ago, Purple Patrick said:

Not having an NJGF shirt

People complaining about the lack of NJGF T-Shirts

18 hours ago, WP22 said:

Left lane dicks. For the love of everything you hold dear, get the efe out of the left lane.

Yep - Left Lane Dicks need to move the F over.

Movie Theater Talkers... c'mon I'm trying to watch

• Like 2

Ruh-roh… apparently, I may be ticking some people off! LOL.

@AVB-AMG - when someone fills my cocktail glass right to the tippy-top, I always sip through the stirrer initially... I find it easier that way to keep the overfilled drink level and I'm less likely to spill the drink. Once the volume is lowered, I toss the stirrers (and then I toss back the drink...like a Boss, dammit, lol). Did it ever occur to you that those stirrers are hollow for a reason? All Hail the Cocktail Mini-straw!

@fishnut - my porchlight is on 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. Glass front doors, glass windows, dark street - what's a gal to do? Come'on… don't hate the security conscious!!

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

@AVB-AMG - when someone fills my cocktail glass right to the tippy-top, I always sip through the stirrer initially... I find it easier that way to keep the overfilled drink level and I'm less likely to spill the drink. Once the volume is lowered, I toss the stirrers (and then I toss back the drink...like a Boss, dammit, lol). Did it ever occur to you that those stirrers are hollow for a reason? All Hail the Cocktail Mini-straw!

@Mrs. Peel:

I guess you are being true to form....
Image result for Emma Peel drinking a cocktail

AVB-AMG

• Like 1

On 6/8/2018 at 11:37 AM, blksheep said:

Stick figure family stickers...

Damn....  I forgot about that one... and just roll my eyes when I see that fixed on the rear window of a minivan or SUV.
I agree and need to add that to my list... (Done)

AVB-AMG

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

@fishnut - my porchlight is on 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. Glass front doors, glass windows, dark street - what's a gal to do? Come'on… don't hate the security conscious!!

Motion sensor. 

37 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

I got some solar lights for the walkway.  They actually look really nice.  Not too bright.  

I'm ok with those. Im talking about flood lights. At my house in Flemington when the new neighbors (city folk) moved in they kept all their lights on pillars that lined driveway on all night long every night. A pilot could have mistaken it for a runway. After a few nights of that their lights started breaking very ofter............must have been neighborhood kids with bb guns...............hehe

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fishnut said:

Motion sensor. 

Hey, I've got one of those, too - LOL!

But, I hear what you're saying now. I don't have big bright lights. I have a porch light w/ a 60-watt bulb - on a fairly deep porch - it's not like it's lighting up the yard or anything. And my landscaping lights are soft too. I will keep that in mind though for the future - one person's "warm glow" could be another's "airport".

1 minute ago, Krdshrk said:

Hah - yeah my garage side has one of those.  It's nice.

I put one in out back to scare the deer from the garden.  It worked for 10 mins and now they laugh at it.

1 minute ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Hey, I've got one of those, too - LOL!

But, I hear what you're saying now. I don't have big bright lights. I have a porch light w/ a 60-watt bulb - on a fairly deep porch - it's not like it's lighting up the yard or anything. And my landscaping lights are soft too. I will keep that in mind though for the future - one person's "warm glow" could be another's "airport".

Stop making excuses.  The person who started this thread said it was judgment free!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AlDente67 said:

I sipped through a straw a few times...gin n tonics.  I am going straight to hell.

Son....  Going through life sipping your cocktail through a stirrer/straw is no way to live!

AVB-AMG

3 hours ago, fishnut said:

Neighbors who leave outdoor lights on all night long. 

On my street, almost all of my neighbors have installed various levels of dramatic exterior house illumination, a current fashion trend that I do not understand, nor subscribe to. So who really gives a f—k what your house looks like at night in the dark!  BTW, an ugly house during the daytime is still ugly when illuminated at night.  Some folks have spent a ton of money on their lights and like you and others have already noted, it is a real unfortunate distraction at night when we all are trying to sleep.  Also, what homeowners are looking at their own house at night when they are inside it....?  It makes no sense to me other than some people think that theatrical lighting may improve their property values or are jumping on a faddish trend, (Spoiler alert:  it won’t...)

AVB-AMG

4 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

In all fairness those are called sip stirrers, but you're still a savage.

• Like 1

Okay, I'll bite

1.  People who still think the 870 is better than a 500.

2.  People who think 1911s are still viable defensive tools.

3.  People who think AR15s are unreliable.

4.  People who think 223/556 is underpowered

5.  People who buy Kel-Tecs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Ray said:

Okay, I'll bite

1.  People who still think the 870 is better than a 500.

2.  People who think 1911s are still viable defensive tools.

3.  People who think AR15s are unreliable.

4.  People who think 223/556 is underpowered

5.  People who buy Kel-Tecs

Crap, I have a Kel Tec.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, HBecwithFn7 said:

Where else would you have it, especially if you're anticipating an "inbound" call?  And once you do get one, do you want to be fumbling around to put the headset on (and potentially miss the call), or have it somewhere at the ready???

:dontknow:

15 hours ago, AlexTheSane said:

It all comes down to what you do for a living, I suppose.

I keep mine in at work when I'm away from my desk because I'm constantly getting calls.  I'm also on call often.

Another thing that many may not realize is that most Bluetooth headsets have A2DP. Often times when I'm around the office, I have music or podcasts playing and it looks more professional than having headphones in.

I'm not talking about when people are using them.  Makes sense if your always using the phone or driving in a car without Bluetooth.

I'm talking about people sitting down for dinner, in a bar, at a wedding or other social event.  I know people who wear them every waking moment.

To further expand on my everyone and everything...

#1 is incompetent/indecisive/timid/oblivious/distracted drivers, simply because I encounter oh so many on a daily basis.  The kind who do 15 under the limit when there is no reason whatsoever to not do the speed limit (and then slow down further for a slight curve).  The kind who want to make a left turn, and then wait because a car is 700ft down the road, and then decide they waited long enough when the oncoming car is 150 feet away, and proceed to turn in front of the oncoming car, get scared because there's an oncoming car, and then stop again, now in the oncoming lane.  The kind who won't turn right from a stop sign because there is a car coming...1000 feet away.  The kind who stop at a T intersection stop sign and then just go, no matter that the main road does not stop and both directions have oncoming traffic.  The kind who come within inches of having an accident and don't even notice they nearly killed someone.  The kind who pull out from a driveway in front of you in a 50mph zone and proceed to take 20 seconds to get up to 50 (usually when there was no traffic behind you if they'd waited 3 extra seconds to let you pass like they should have in the first place.)  And of course, the good old fashioned texting, reading, shaving, eating, and/or looking anywhere but the road while "in command" (I use that very loosely) of a vehicle. 

Now, I'm sure I'm the kind of driver who is on lots of other people's lists because I may rarely sometimes drive slightly above the limit on occasion (though I do use my turn signals), but at least I am paying attention the the damn road.

#2 is a deep seated hatred of someone constantly sniffling/coughing/clearing their throat/hiccuping (and other similar things.)  After a minute of hearing someone do any of those, I'm thinking about how they'd no longer have these problems if they'd only kick their annoying oxygen habit.  (OK, maybe not quite that, but does seriously piss me off)

#3 - People who type long winded serious replies to fun topics instead of a single quick, mildly funny reply....   ....oh...

People who take up two or more parking spaces. If you don't want your BMW to get a door ding park at th be back of the lot and walk. Now I'll park 3"away from your driver side with my jeep just because. 

• Like 1