blksheep

Personal Pet Peeves....Judgement free thread.

A few of mine, cause it's been that kinda day.

No particular order...

1. Throwing Cig butts out the window, or on the ground in general.  Filthy habit.

2. Guys drinking coffee from little red straws.

3. Wearing sunglasses inside.

4. Talking on cell phones while checking out at a register.

5. Bluetooth ear pieces.

6. Chewing gum loudly.

That is all for now...

2 minutes ago, blksheep said:

A few of mine, cause it's been that kinda day.

No particular order...

1. Throwing Cig butts out the window, or on the ground in general.  Filthy habit.

2. Guys drinking coffee from little red straws.

3. Wearing sunglasses inside.

4. Talking on cell phones while checking out at a register.

5. Bluetooth ear pieces.

6. Chewing gum loudly.

That is all for now...

I understand all of them except Bluetooth headsets.  What's wrong with them?

22 minutes ago, AlexTheSane said:

I understand all of them except Bluetooth headsets.  What's wrong with them?

If people are using them I understand.  Can't understand the people who just wear them all the time when not in use.  Do they think they are LT Uhura on Star Trek?  Or maybe they're neurosurgeons who have to be ready to receive a call when seconds count?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

If people are using them I understand.  Can't understand the people who just wear them all the time when not in use.  Do they think they are LT Uhura on Star Trek?  Or maybe they're neurosurgeons who have to be ready to receive a call when seconds count?

That's my issue I think. And maybe they are. Who am I to cast the first stone...

I'm sure I piss people off with something.  

People who use the word irregardless.

People who cite 'giving 110%'.  Impossible, dumbass.

People who advocate 'leveraging synergies'.  Been browsing the old Dak BS generator too much.

People who open clear packages and then dump them on a shelf somewhere.

Recruiters who ask for references before even describing the job.  Umm, no.

Recruiters who demand a picture before submitting to a client.  No, I'm not looking to marry you.

Recruiters who leave entirely incoherent voicemail messages.  How did you get in that business??

People who toss their Dunkin coffee cups on my front lawn.

# 1  Drivers turning with out using turn signals.

# 2 People talking on their phone no mater where they are .  This morning i'm walking my dog and this idiot is also walking his dog. He's on the phone  and I can hear him load and clear, I'm a half block away. 

# 3 FUCKTARDS  There everywhere

People who stack their trash on the counter behind the trash can even when it’s empty. 

People who rinse their lunch dishes in the break room sink and don’t clean their detritus out of the drain

People who send an email, then IM to see if they can call to tell you about the email. 

People who use the term jus sayen. 

Carnies. Very small hands, smell like cabbage. 

Cars that pull from behind me to try to fit within the 4” I have between the car in front of me. 

Rollerblades and pompom hats. 

People who either can't or simply refuse to speak English properly!

"He don't have none."

You ask a clerk in a store for an item and they ask "These ones?" (This one drives me nuts!)

"I ain't got none left."

Especially in a business environment, one would expect proper grammar to be the norm.

3 hours ago, blksheep said:

I hate it also, even when I smoked I never threw my butts anywhere but the garbage. To expand on that I hate littering in general. 

Political signs. After the election is over clean up the damn signs. I've found so many in the rivers around NJ. 

When your wife or significant other tells you to choose something such as a restaurant. You make your choice and then they don't like it and suggest another.

People who don't get rabies shots for their dog or cat

People who feed and or house outdoor cats but claim that it's not their cat. 

Massachusetts driver's, they're worse in PA Drivers

Left lane dicks. For the love of everything you hold dear, get the efe out of the left lane.

loud chewers. Close that damn mouth. Your moma taught you no manners?

throat cleaners. Are you chocking?

close standers. Dude give me my space or I'm gonna crop dust you.

Hand shakers. Dude I don't know you and you want to shake my hand?

snfllers. Here's a tissue.

Lecturers who use um, aah or similar noises when they are supposed to be presenting something they should know enough about to speak on. 

I stop listening and keep an “um count” on a notepad. 

• Like 1

I share many of the previously noted pet peeves.
Here is a list of some of mine, with apologies in advance for some repeated from other folks, but by doing so will reiterate how grating they are to me and others:

AVB-AMG

1.    People who use the lazy verbal crutch phrase “you know….” continuously in a conversation.
No, I “don’t know” and once I hear them say it, I immediately start to mentally count how many additional times they say that stupid phrase in their conversation, knowing that it will be repeated ad nauseam. Additional verbal crutches include the following words or phrases: Ummm and Like....

2.    Political Candidate Lawn Signs and Bumper Stickers
They just are annoying, especially if they are still up and visible way after the election is over, regardless of whether your candidate won or not.  

3.    Distracted Drivers
Whether they are texting or reading something on their phone or making a telephone call with a hand-held cell phone.   These self-centered drivers think that they can successfully multitask but will learn the hard way that is not true and may hurt another innocent driver/passenger.

4.    People who say: “I could care less….”. 
Ok, go ahead… The grammatically correct phrase is “I couldn’t care less”, since that is what you really mean.  Think about it….

5.    People drinking a cocktail (alcohol) through the stirrer
Yes, that plastic thing is intended to stir your cocktail, not to be used as a straw to suck up your drink… It is dreadful enough to see a female doing that but if I see a man doing it, I make a very negative assumption about him and think that he needs to grow up!

6.    Inconsiderate rude people who do not acknowledge a courteous deed.
If you open and hold open a door for someone, then that person, regardless of sex, should say thank you or at least nod in appreciation.  People underestimate the importance of good manners being an important factor in civil society.

7.    Drivers who do not use their turn signals.
This is a driver who is incredibly lazy and their inaction to perform such a simple yet helpful act indicating their intended action prior to doing so, is just plain stupid and increases the chance for an accident.

8.  Stick figure family figures decals on cars.
Who the f__k cares how many members there are in your family....!  Why do some people feel the need to advertise that with the very silly stick figure decals plastered on the rear window of their minivan or SUV?  What is the point?  Did you succumb to the silly impulsiveness of your children urging you to do it, just like their friends have?  Harmless?.... Probably.  Stupid?.... most definitely!

• Like 1

First, driving-related... some repeats here:  

• Litter bugs tossing stuff out the window.
  • Distracted drivers who are texting, putting on make-up, etc. 
  • Drivers who don't use turn signals (or use them AFTER they've slammed the brakes and started the turn...:facepalm:… kinda misses the whole point of "signaling" the other drivers). 
  • Rubberneckers.
  • Tailgaters, especially big trucks. 
  • The 6-point identification system at the Motor Vehicle Commission (yes, I'm disorganized... so every so many years, I forget to renew through the mail... and then it becomes a great challenge to prove that I'm me and not a terrorist.)

Other pet peeves:

• Sullen cashiers, waitstaff, etc. (You're not working on a chain gang... lighten up, Crankypuss).
  • Getting in "the slow line" at the grocery store (it's my personal cross to bear).
  • Extreme personalities (intense/angry people, loud talkers, loud cackling laughers, the uber-neurotic, and yes, even the super-perky - I find them all just a bit exhausting. Moderation, I think, is a good thing in personalities).
  • People who don't pick up their pet's poop (usually the BIG dogs, too, ick!)
  • My monthly "Affordable" Healthcare Act insurance bill. 
  • Inconsiderate parents (I like kids, but for the love of god, Parents.. use your heads... don't bring your infant/toddler to a play, evening movie, nice restaurant, etc. Get a babysitter, pick a casual/kiddie venue, or just stay home!).

This list barely scratches the surface... I must be getting more judgmental as time passes.:nono:

Slow cashiers, people who repeatedly hit the elevator button, the price of gas, people that groom themselves in Public, pocket dogs, “cold enough for ya?”, Democrats, people who insist you’ll love something that you hate, not being able to use photos of people at the range, people that say “to be continued “,...

TO BE CONTINUED...

People at the check out with expired coupons, neighbors that mow too much, “got a minute? This will only take a second”, people that leave their paper on the copier bed after they make copies, people with too many pet peeves...

59 minutes ago, BobA said:

Slow cashiers, people who repeatedly hit the elevator button, the price of gas, people that groom themselves in Public, pocket dogs, “cold enough for ya?”, Democrats, people who insist you’ll love something that you hate, not being able to use photos of people at the range, people that say “to be continued “,...

TO BE CONTINUED...

Yep. Would love to post pics of my boys but snowflakes would cry about it. 

People that blow their nose at the dinner table while people are eating.  Wtf is wrong with you! 

My grandfather did it when I was a kid. My dad would do it. Totally disgusting to me.  

If you have blast your snot rocket, hack, cough, whatever.... excuse yourself and leave the table. Have consideration for others. 

And others have already listed other things I hate.  Haha. 

17 hours ago, GRIZ said:

Where else would you have it, especially if you're anticipating an "inbound" call?  And once you do get one, do you want to be fumbling around to put the headset on (and potentially miss the call), or have it somewhere at the ready???

:dontknow:

4 minutes ago, HBecwithFn7 said:

Where else would you have it, especially if you're anticipating an "inbound" call?  And once you do get one, do you want to be fumbling around to put the headset on (and potentially miss the call), or have it somewhere at the ready???

:dontknow:

It all comes down to what you do for a living, I suppose.

I keep mine in at work when I'm away from my desk because I'm constantly getting calls.  I'm also on call often.

Another thing that many may not realize is that most Bluetooth headsets have A2DP. Often times when I'm around the office, I have music or podcasts playing and it looks more professional than having headphones in.