gleninjersey

"Gun Guys: A Road Trip" Book

Picked this up from the library on a friend's recommendation.  Interesting read, especially as the author is originally from New Jersey.  If you want to know or get an insight into how people on the fence think or feel about  firearms then you'll probably enjoy reading it.  

I would almost call it "A Fudd's Journey".  Slightly slanted but looking at it from a fence sitter or Fudd viewpoint It's probably middle of the road.  What was interesting were some of the people he talks to / interviews during his road trip.  Some of their stories and paths to firearm ownership are interesting.  

https://books.google.com/books/about/Gun_Guys.html?id=_COODQAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=kp_read_button

@gleninjersey:

I read that book, GUN GUYS: A ROAD TRIP, (actually listened to it via Audible audio books), about two years ago, during my regular work commute.  I found it to be very interesting, especially since he decided to try CCW and expressed his concerns and feelings about it through his various travels.

AVB-AMG

He was conceal carrying a huge revolver!   Like Dirty Harry or Hunter (80s TV show) huge!  I think he eventually purchased something more appropriate for conceal carry.  

I found his background interesting.  Originally from NJ and grew up Jewish.  Not your stereotypical gun owner. I found it to be a fairly balanced read.  Definetly leans left somewhat but overall it was fairly well balanced.

The stories of many of the individuals he meets during his road trips are very interesting as well.

Good vacation or beach read.