Shawnmoore81

Studding my dog

70 posts in this topic

I like mals. But find me a breeder that says they are good family pets. Find me anything that says they are. It’s not a high horse thing. These dogs are true working dogs. Look up videos of people walking through the Kennels of puppies.

Yeah I’ll take my dog. Not saying one breed is any better then another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Shawnmoore81 said:

I like mals. But find me a breeder that says they are good family pets. Find me anything that says they are.

Actually, I just came back from a meeting with a new trainer, who has tons of experience with Mals and Shepherds. I originally wanted a Belgian Shepherd, trained at Level III. He even said Mals aren't great family dogs. Can they be trained to be integrated with a family, sure, but they have too high of a drive for everyday family interaction.

3 hours ago, Shawnmoore81 said:

Not saying one breed is any better then another.

Well, I can say, I'm positive that there's a very, very small chance my Lab pup will eat a small child, compared to a Pit or Mal.

A game pit I’d be nervous. they also have a high prey drive.

I’d love to have a mal. But they just aren’t a good match for me. That’s how dogs end up in rescues and shelters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

one of the dogs on our training team is a Mali!  he def has a high drive, can jump rediculously high and has good bitework.   his OB needs improvement.  Team consists of 4 GSDs and 1 Mali.    

My GSD is like a kid, needs a shitload of attention and training.  He was bought a family/protection dog and is spot on with his training.