capt14k

French MAS Collection

Nice set, 44's aren't easy to come by. Original bolt knobs?

French rifles are very unique, the designs on them are real different and makes them cool. I had a 36, 49/56, and a 1918 barreled lebel cut to an r35. Sold them to focus on my more favorite collecting areas and regret it. Mas 36 is a really fun shooter, and the lebel feed system is just cool imo.

You got a nice collection there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nice set, 44's aren't easy to come by. Original bolt knobs?
French rifles are very unique, the designs on them are real different and makes them cool. I had a 36, 49/56, and a 1918 barreled lebel cut to an r35. Sold them to focus on my more favorite collecting areas and regret it. Mas 36 is a really fun shooter, and the lebel feed system is just cool imo.
You got a nice collection there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thank you and yes all knobs are original. The MAS-44 is not an easy one to find. I got lucky with that one. It was at a PA auction and listed as a French Bolt Action Rifle. There was only one other bidder and he dropped out quickly IMO. I had (2) Lebels but I couldn't find ammo for them. After trying to sell them on the forums for $400 each, I put them on gunbroker where they sold for $800+ and $1,500+.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

On 6/11/2018 at 11:38 AM, capt14k said:

. I had (2) Lebels but I couldn't find ammo for them. After trying to sell them on the forums for $400 each, I put them on gunbroker where they sold for $800+ and $1,500+.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

PPU makes 8mm Lebel ammo - I have some in stock

just joined this forum to inquire about your French mas 45 - I could not find any other way of contacting you..  not sure what your intentions are for this rifle, if you are thinking of selling it, please let me know.  I know you mentioned using gunbroker, for other rifles, but if you decide to let it go, again, please let me know.  it looks like a very nice rifle compared to the later 45A's.

sorry to bother you, curiousity gets the best of me sometimes...  thanks.

just joined this forum to inquire about your French mas 45 - I could not find any other way of contacting you..  not sure what your intentions are for this rifle, if you are thinking of selling it, please let me know.  I know you mentioned using gunbroker, for other rifles, but if you decide to let it go, again, please let me know.  it looks like a very nice rifle compared to the later 45A's.
sorry to bother you, curiousity gets the best of me sometimes...  thanks.

I will you keep it in mind, but for now it is not for sale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the MAS 45 is a great .22,   built like a tank compared to any modern .22 currently available and probably more accurate,  I was able to get 2 from Navy Arms when they were in Ridgefield PK.   1 mauser marked and 1 MAS 45

bought 2 original cleaning rod kits, the original manuals and about a dozen magazines ,  One is shooter and one is original.

made 2 stocks for them when Rhinehart Fajen was still around and wood stock blanks were easy to get.

great rifles to modernize although I'll get bashed for modifying one,  but its not going anywhere so value is only to me.

mas.stocks.8.2018 001.JPG

springlake6.10.2018 015.JPG

the MAS 45 is a great .22,   built like a tank compared to any modern .22 currently available and probably more accurate,  I was able to get 2 from Navy Arms when they were in Ridgefield PK.   1 mauser marked and 1 MAS 45
bought 2 original cleaning rod kits, the original manuals and about a dozen magazines ,  One is shooter and one is original.
made 2 stocks for them when Rhinehart Fajen was still around and wood stock blanks were easy to get.

great rifles to modernize although I'll get bashed for modifying one,  but its not going anywhere so value is only to me.
5b81fce7554af_mas.stocks.8.2018001.thumb.JPG.b90638b2e9441c987685b6e38fb44408.JPG
5b81fcaf902a1_springlake6_10.2018015.thumb.JPG.e7c445a3e8201de65842506b7f053798.JPG

Please tell me that wasn’t the Mauser marked one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk