So, the other day I was cleaning my Stag model 8 and noticed that the piston return spring was broken. I figured the gun was ~10 years old, and springs are bound to fail. So after not being able to find the spring online I called Stag figuring I would buy a few, just in case.

Now, this gun is 10 years old and has the old CMMG piston system wereas the new model 8 has the AA piston system. But I figured Stag would hopefully still stock the old parts, but to my dismay they did not.

And just as I was bracing myself to hear the CS rep tell me "sorry, those are discontinued", he instead says "send your upper in and we will swap out the gas block for you", and they sent me a prepaid UPS label to boot. WOW, I was dumb founded.

So I send the upper in, drop it off at the UPS customer counter last Thursday, Friday late morning it's delivered. Now I'm happy and figure in 2 weeks I'll get my upper back in full working condition. LateFriday afternoon, same day, I get an email from Stag that my repair was completed and on its way back, WOW again.

Today I come home and my upper was waiting for me, and not just a new gas block but the entire new piston system including a new BCG.

Now, I know that Stag is not one of the top brands and I know that they have had their share of legal problems due to bad record keeping. But in my experience, their customer service is top notch and the best I have seen so far.

• Like 3