EHTMin14

Ordering Ammo over the web & delivering to NJ address

Seems that every year Freedom Munitions wipes their database and I have to send them copies of my NJ DL and FID card. No big deal, and they are pretty polite about it.

Some sites don't require anything.

I am always looking for cheap shipping, and when it pops-up, like Freedom had a month ago, I load up! (Pun intended!)

Oh, another thing. A few years ago Cabellas had a crazy Fathers Day shipping deal. I think it was a flat $10 for your entire order, except for safes. So I decided to see if they would meet their deal. I ordered 10 boxes of 12 gauge ammo, not 25 round boxes, FULL 250 round cases! Well, they came through! And boy did that stuff weigh a TON when they brought it to my house! My wife and my buddy used to go to Lehigh Valley at least once a month back then with me so we were burning through a lot of ammo back then!

Yes. And on the web site's brass return page right now is this:

** Currently not accepting brass shipments **

Any brass credit packages that are shipped after 5/22/2018 will not be accepted and returned to sender. 

So that's that.

Shooting sports .com will ship for free if you order a case. They are also in CT and ship via Fed ex so your order generally shows up in 2 days max. There prices are better than or equal to all the other websites I’ve checked

16 hours ago, JMich3 said:

Shooting sports .com will ship for free if you order a case. They are also in CT and ship via Fed ex so your order generally shows up in 2 days max. There prices are better than or equal to all the other websites I’ve checked

What is the website? Can't find it.

5 minutes ago, JMich3 said:

Whoops sorry, had a few beers in me when i typed that. Yes it is Targetsports.com

Dang, I am sitting at work trying to figure out why my program doesn't behave correctly and you are lounging about drinking beers. Something wrong here............  ;)

• Like 1

I have ordered from ammunitionStore.com & ammunitiontogo.com.  After the first order, each sent an email request for a scan of my FID.  Approval was done the same day and the orders shipped.  Both keep the FID on file and subsequent orders went through without delay.

Both used FedEx ground and delivery was 2 to 3 days.  The FedEx guy leaves the boxes on the porch out of the weather and sight from the street.  

My brother lives in California and he must buy all his ammo at state licensed dealers for much more money.  No mail order to your home and no transporting out-of-state purchases into California.  The only silver lining to living in N.J. is:  "at least we are not California".

Stay tuned.  Jersey will probably ban mail order ammo next.

33 minutes ago, BobA said:

It was definitely on Beaver Puss’s verbal hit list. Stock up. 

I think this is the proposed bill. Hard to tell since the URL says 2016 and it was introduced in Nov 2017. 

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2016/Bills/S3500/3493_I1.HTM

• Like 1

ill second TargetsportsUSA      .22 prices cant be beat.  I'm on a case a month program,  

they just want a scan of your FID now,   

on the order form you can request unmarked over package.

They must send it out the door as soon as I hit the "place order" button as it it here in a day or two.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2018 at 2:22 PM, revenger said:

ill second TargetsportsUSA      .22 prices cant be beat.  I'm on a case a month program,  

they just want a scan of your FID now,   

on the order form you can request unmarked over package.

They must send it out the door as soon as I hit the "place order" button as it it here in a day or two.

I get my 5000 rounds tomorrow (It was given to FedEx today and should be here end of day tomorrow). I'll take a pic of the discreet packaging.

• Like 1