RobCo

AG Grewal Sends “Cease and Desist” Letters Warning “Ghost Gun” Makers to Stop Advertising, Selling in New Jersey

So......ghost guns are already illegal here. They pass all kinds of gun laws that infringe on us to stop bad guys, and they can’t. So they’re going to blame someone else and sue them with our tax dollars.  Yeah, makes sense. 

• Like 1

None. They’re going after the manufacturers for advertising to us to buy ghost guns. Haven’t you seen those billboards on the highways or heard the radio ads?  Legalize pot and go after make believe advertising. It’s how we fix the roads and the budget. 

• Like 1

It's smoke and mirrors.  They're going after what's already illegal to give the appearance they're doing something.  They're generating fears where there aren't any.  It gives the appearance that we're all going out and making these ghost guns, when in reality bad guys will still be able to make them.  It's the same old story.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobA said:

It's smoke and mirrors.  They're going after what's already illegal to give the appearance they're doing something.  They're generating fears where there aren't any.  It gives the appearance that we're all going out and making these ghost guns, when in reality bad guys will still be able to make them.  It's the same old story.  

this bs almost makes ya wanna run out and buy a few 80% lowers, doesn't it?

• Like 1

There is nothing  illegal about buying an 80% lower in NJ, yet. 

The law as he is applying would only be applied to completed lower receivers... It's a bullshit order. 

An 80% lower is not a firearm, and is not a part that can be readily assembled into a firearm, let alone an assualt weapon. This guy is a fuckwad if he really thinks NJ law even remotely applies, which is why they want that new bill to pass which would make 80% lowers illegal. 

You just can't manufacture it IN* NJ.

So the new AG is either entirely incompetent or just a anti Constitutional gunngrabber, or most likely both. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SmittyMHS said:

I wonder just how many "ghost guns" have been used in crimes here. I'm betting not many. 

I'm betting zero, or a number very close to zero.

But II also suspect that the number of 80% receivers used as paperweights here is more than zero.

If you're a liberal politician, you must have recurring nightmares about the Storming of the Bastille. This stuff is meaningless but may help them sleep at night.

I might consider adding a few to my box o' evil mags going to live in a "safe space" in America (away from NJ). If it gives them nightmares, it must be something that's good to have.

Eh, 3D printing has already been used to make operational guns... rendering the whole gun control argument even more meaningless. This latest move by the Murphy administration is just more silliness - guaranteed to do SQUAT to prevent crime.

You know what I'd like to see? Like that (terrific!) guy from Freehold who showed up at one of the Governor's event and angrily challenged him on raising taxes, it would be great seeing voters doing that regarding gun laws (and, frankly, a whole host of other issues) - challenging him with facts and figures as he sputters.

Because I've noticed that Murphy is stealthily sticking to the venues where people in the audience buy into his rhetoric - he's put himself in a nice little echo chamber - where everyone's smiling and agreeing with him - which makes for nice photo opps. It would make the rest of the dems nervous if, instead, at every meeting he held there were angry voters complaining about his policies and pointing out the sheer stupidity of them with unassailable facts. This jerk needs some pushback!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bob2222 said:

If you're a liberal politician, you must have recurring nightmares about the Storming of the Bastille. 

If they continue to rule, and spend, like Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette, then they SHOULD be having nightmares. 

• Like 1

What makes this AG letter complete bullshit is the lack of any law actually being cited. 

"These weapons are illegal in our state" , according to what? 

"New Jersey law prohibits selling and possessing any combination of parts from which an assault firearm may be readily assembled".

This is a line taken from the AWB, about turning a firearm into a Assault weapon. Again, how he is applying this is just baffling.     "(5)A part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a firearm into an assault firearm, or any combination of parts from which an assault firearm may be readily assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person."

An 80% by ATF definition is not a Firearm, so it's not yet a part that can even be readily used to assemble one, let alone an Assault weapon. 

Within a few years of this we will all be scrambling to buy property in North Korea where they will have right to carry sooner than us.

Mitch McConnell .........where are you,   bring up the national reciprocity and use the "nuclear" option NOW for everything.   stop playing patty cakes with these fuckin marxists. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, goose54 said:

Isn't there something about constructive intent ?  With having all the parts at the same location ??

I posted it above, it only applies to the constructive intent to build an assault weapon. How you go from an 80% receiver, and applying it as a part to readily construct an Assault weapon is full blown retarded. It is not even a listed part that makes a weapon that of the "assault" type. 

The ATF has already defined an 80%, it is not a firearm, and is not a part used to construct a firearm. They have made it clear that it must be manufactured in order to become a firearm part. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Because I've noticed that Murphy is stealthily sticking to the venues where people in the audience buy into his rhetoric

He obviously is pandering to a target voting audience.  Millennials, minorities, gays and trans, aliens.

1 hour ago, JackDaWack said:

So the new AG is either entirely incompetent or just a anti Constitutional gunngrabber, or most likel

Most likely??? Definitely is.

4 hours ago, siderman said:

Seems like an end around to just ban getting parts. Is a lpk now banned by name? More purposeful ambiguity to scare and bully us an

Of course it is. 

I ask, how can he legally block advertising for a product that is legal to purchase and own?  He’s infringing in free enterprise. What’s next? Hogue grips?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob2222 said:

I'm betting zero, or a number very close to zero.

But II also suspect that the number of 80% receivers used as paperweights here is more than zero.

If you're a liberal politician, you must have recurring nightmares about the Storming of the Bastille. This stuff is meaningless but may help them sleep at night.

I might consider adding a few to my box o' evil mags going to live in a "safe space" in America (away from NJ). If it gives them nightmares, it must be something that's good to have.

There's a member on pafoa.org selling de-milled m14 receivers for $35 for cool paperweights and conversation pieces!

It's really hard to have an idea of what kind of bullshit this is without knowing who got letters. 

Is he trying to scare vendors from selling AR parts to NJ in general? That's what quoting the AWB language would imply. 

However, in a court of law, the only parts you could really argue about are evil features. Since the AWB is a multi-feature test, any of them can be legal under the right conditions.  

IF they are talking about 80% receivers, you would think they would quote the law on manufacturing. 

So my take away is this is a  bullshit statement to look like they are doing things, or they are really trying to intimidate and extort vendors into refusing to do business with NJ customers by threat of lawsuit. 

2 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

So the new AG is either entirely incompetent or just a anti Constitutional gunngrabber, or most likely both. 

I don't think he is that stupid.

My guess is that Moms-Against-Guns told Murphy to DO SOMETHING and so Murphy told Grewal to DO SOMETHING and so he did.

He wrote a letter.

I have never seen or heard an ad for 80% receivers. Has anyone? It's something that I never even thought I might want or need. (Until today.)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

It's really hard to have an idea of what kind of bullshit this is without knowing who got letters. 

Is he trying to scare vendors from selling AR parts to NJ in general? That's what quoting the AWB language would imply. 

However, in a court of law, the only parts you could really argue about are evil features. Since the AWB is a multi-feature test, any of them can be legal under the right conditions.  

IF they are talking about 80% receivers, you would think they would quote the law on manufacturing. 

So my take away is this is a  bullshit statement to look like they are doing things, or they are really trying to intimidate and extort vendors into refusing to do business with NJ customers by threat of lawsuit. 

^ this

13 minutes ago, Bob2222 said:

... I have never seen or heard an ad for 80% receivers. Has anyone? It's something that I never even thought I might want or need. (Until today.)

https://www.google.com/search?q=80%+firearms&rlz=1C1SQJL_enUS778US778&oq=80%+firearms&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.4936j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PK90 said:

I did know that 80% receivers existed.

I just don't remember seeing or hearing any ads for them here in the People's Republic.

(Maybe they are advertised in some of that junk mail that shows up in my mailbox as an unwanted "benefit" of my NRA membership? It goes directly into the recycling bin unread so I really don't know.)

I did know that 80% receivers existed.
I just don't remember seeing or hearing any ads for them here in the People's Republic.
(Maybe they are advertised in some of that junk mail that shows up in my mailbox as an unwanted "benefit" of my NRA membership? It goes directly into the recycling bin unread so I really don't know.)

They also exist to make your own Glock

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, capt14k said:

They also exist to make your own Glock

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yup. 1911s, too, IIRC!

But as a law abiding NJ citizen, there were other things that I thought I had more use for than another paperweight.

Remember the presser in Asbury Park in April announcing (with great fanfare) the release of NJ firearm crime data that anyone could find on the internet in about a minute?

https://www.app.com/story/news/crime/jersey-mayhem/2018/04/06/murphy-signs-executive-order-show-new-jersey-gun-violence-data-public/493466002/

Everyone except Murphy and the little girl look like they are confused why they are there.

20180406_110408_resized_1-e1523045741106.jpg

• Like 1