Sign in to follow this  
Lambo2936

ByeBye Middlesex County, Hello Gloucester county!

Closed on a home the other day in Glassboro (Elk twsp). East Brunswick home will be going for sale shortly. Huge upgrade for us(over 3 acres), plus neighbors are all relatively far. Behind us is trees, farmland to the other side with a house 300+ yards away, neighbor across the street to the front and on the left side is a neighbor probably around 75 yards away.

Deer feeder in the backyard; not sure if were allowed to shoot in the yard but still with the folks for now (though in a space 6x larger) so theyll likely be against it.

Anyhow figured id post it on here to make it somewhat official. Hoping theres nearby outdoor ranges that are closer than an hr, though at that point i can likely just shoot in DE?

Welcome to South Jersey!

Closest outdoor ranges are South Jersey Shooting Club (Winslow Twp), Cumberland Riflemen (Millville) and USANA (Elmer).

You should check the Elk Twp municipal codes to see whether there's a discharge ordinance or not.

8 hours ago, njJoniGuy said:

Welcome to South Jersey!

Closest outdoor ranges are South Jersey Shooting Club (Winslow Twp), Cumberland Riflemen (Millville) and USANA (Elmer).

You should check the Elk Twp municipal codes to see whether there's a discharge ordinance or not.

I certainly intend on it. If i was to shoot in the direction of the deer feeder theres just trees and farmland for quite a while according to google maps. Obviously if i wanted to shoot, id put up a backstop regardless, though. Would take some convincing with the folks.. lol

Just dug thru their code online, and using the search function it says you cant bring a firearm to the parks, but can park at the park and walk to the designated hunting areas off the trails (firearms must be unloaded).. looking like it may be kosher.. will have to contact the PD and ask to be sure.

Buy a crossbow.  Fill your freezer.  No worrying about discharge laws or noise.

If It's your home or you have the written permission of the home owner you can sit on the back porch, sip, your coffee and use a crossbow or bow.  As long as your 300 feet (I think that's the distance) from other owners "structures" (home, shed, barn, etc).