gunforhire

So my fellow NJ law abiding tax payers, how does it feel to be a felon?

Well, where do we start?

A1217, reminds me of McCarthyism of the 50's. Wanna jam-up your neighbor, or the guy trying to date your gal, or just screw with someone? Tell the gubberment they are a Commy Sympathiser and watch their life become a living hell. Well, same here. I don't like you so I will claim that you have been threatening me, my family, my dog, whatever and have your guns taken away, NO Due Process!

A1181, I thought we had something like this on the books already. Again, where is the Due Process? Can the guns be transferred to another person for safe-keeping in the meantime? I know someone that lost all their guns from a similar incident and the police told him, sorry.............

A2758, why bother, we can't get a CCW here unless connected, always been that way, always will be that way. And cops wonder why most of us don't like most of them.......... It's a shame, but when there are two classes of citizens you are going to have dislike and distrust....

A2757, so now I can't transfer a gun from myself to my spouse without using an FFL? Brilliant Durphy, just brilliant! Seems the 4473's will all be dated BEFORE this one takes effect, as long as the gun was actually purchased before the "transfer" date. 

A2759, wasn't this a Federal Law already? NJ didn't have this on the books?

A2761, still trying to determine if mags with capacities over 10 rounds can be pinned or are they simply going to be illegal?

A big F-U to Trenton and Durphy. Still have done NOTHING to curb gun violence. At least my town will be putting arms guards in the schools. That will accomplish something.

Libs and Democraps slowly destroying America!

PS: Outlaw Ryder Trucks. Seems like they have been used for mass murder lately, they should be put out of business!

One more thing:

d.    "Dispose of" means to give, give away, lease, loan, keep for sale, offer, offer for sale, sell, transfer, or otherwise transfer possession.

Does this mean if I offer for sale all my "high capacity" mags yet never find a buyer for them, that I can still legally keep them? I mean, I did offer to sell them, they are on Gunbroker, just can't seem to find someone that will pay me what I feel they are worth.  ;)

So, maybe they are allowing us to pin our mags to 10. And I see that they just made the old Marlins legal, boy, wonder how many crimes against humanity were committed with those high capacity .22's....... Maybe squirrels and small critters......

STATEMENT

This bill bans firearm magazines that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition.  Magazines capable of holding up to 15 rounds of ammunition currently are legal in New Jersey. 

Specifically, the bill revises the definition of a “large capacity ammunition magazine” to reduce the allowable rounds of ammunition from 15 to 10.  The bill also designates a semi-automatic rifle with a fixed magazine capacity exceeding 10 rounds as a prohibited assault firearm. 

The bill exempts law enforcement officers from the bill’s 10 round limit on ammunition magazines by authorizing them to possess and carry while on duty a large capacity ammunition magazine and possess and carry while off duty a large capacity ammunition magazine which is capable of holding up to 15 rounds of ammunition.  The bill also permits retired police officers authorized to possess and carry a handgun in this State to continue to possess and carry a magazine capable of holding up to 15 rounds.  

In addition, the bill exempts from the 10 round limitation those semi-automatic rifles which have an attached tubular magazine and which is capable of operating only with .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.  This exemption would permit the sale and possession of a popular beginner gun, the Marlin Model 60, often referred to as the “Boy Scout gun.”  These firearms are low caliber and the tubular magazine cannot be quickly reloaded.  The bill limited the exception for the Boy Scout gun to magazines that hold up to 15 rounds.  These Boy Scout guns are manufactured with magazines holding more than 15 rounds.  Therefore, the bill removes from the definition a limit on number of rounds.

The bill makes its provisions effective immediately, but allows for a 180-day grace period to transfer, render inoperable, or voluntarily surrender a semi-automatic rifle or magazine that will be unlawful under the bill.

With signing of bill A2757 regarding all private sales now have to go through licensed dealer, does that go into effect immediately? Also will you have to pay the dealer transfer fee and have to pay sales tax on the firearm? I know this state never passes up on opportunity to collect even more money from us.

3 minutes ago, sti said:

With signing of bill A2757 regarding all private sales now have to go through licensed dealer, does that go into effect immediately? Also will you have to pay the dealer transfer fee and have to pay sales tax on the firearm? I know this state never passes up on opportunity to collect even more money from us.

No, it appears to go in effect 120 days from today.

2.    This act shall take effect on the first day of the fourth month next following enactment.

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bills/A3000/2757_I1.HTM

3 hours ago, JonF said:

No, it appears to go in effect 120 days from today.

2.    This act shall take effect on the first day of the fourth month next following enactment.

The way I'm reading this I'm thinking that the law will go into effect on October 1st

5 hours ago, sti said:

Also will you have to pay the dealer transfer fee and have to pay sales tax on the firearm? I know this state never passes up on opportunity to collect even more money from us.

I don’t think you ever paid sales tax on the firearm when doing a transfer. You’re not buying the firearm from that FFL so how could they collect sales tax?  I think You would pay tax on their transfer fee though. 

This is the last line in the bill reference in the above link.

It does look to me like less than 180 days.

However, I have seen other version that say Immediately, and one that said 180 days, so who know what Murphy signed.

This is the last line in the bill reference in the above link.

It does look to me like less than 180 days.
However, I have seen other version that say Immediately, and one that said 180 days, so who know what Murphy signed.

That is the law for transfers which takes effect October 1st. Magazine law takes effect December 10th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

can 2 new jersey residents use a PA FFL to do the transfer,   If I want to sell a rifel or buy one from another nj resident can we cross the border to PA and do that?

at least this keeps any money out of NJ
Yes

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

On the 10 round mag law - does it take effect immediately for FFL sales?  As in, today, can I no longer get a new G19 with a 15rd mag?

Correct. Dealers must follow the new rules when it was signed.. the grace period is for those who already own larger then 10 rnd mags..   FYI The grace period does not cover a person who buys 15rnd mags after the date it was signed.

Of course they have to prove when you purchased them.. But thats the law.

10 hours ago, revenger said:

can 2 new jersey residents use a PA FFL to do the transfer,   If I want to sell a rifel or buy one from another nj resident can we cross the border to PA and do that?

at least this keeps any money out of NJ

Fantastic Idea (SMH),  Expand it and stop buying gas in NJ, Dont pay prop taxes, Food, etc etc.... Boycott NJ Completely.

11 hours ago, voyager9 said:

Technically the law goes into effect today but there is a grace period to get rid of existing mags. 

That may mean that some vendors may stop selling you new 15-round mags. 

Correct... Grace period is only for mags you already own...

11 hours ago, voyager9 said:

I don’t think you ever paid sales tax on the firearm when doing a transfer. You’re not buying the firearm from that FFL so how could they collect sales tax?  I think You would pay tax on their transfer fee though. 

No dealer is forced to collect sales tax on a firearm purchased out of state.. its always been the responsablity of the buyer to claim that on his taxes....  same goes for anything purchased online with no sales tax. its not limited to guns.