cjs71988

Hello from Bergen County

Hello ladies and gents, my name is Chris. New to firearms, and new to the forum. I joined because i needed somewhere to grow my knowledge of this new infatuation of mine. I didn’t grow up around firearms. My father was a fireman for 30 years, but i have uncles who own guns and shoot quite often, and I’ve been plenty of times. I finally decided to take it in my own hands and exercise my 2nd Ammendment rights. I don’t own a firearm just yet, i just acquired my FID card.

My first purchase will be a CZ 75B (at least i want it to be.. HA!)

Im bound to ask plenty of stupid questions off the bat, so go easy on me. Glad to be here though!!

• Like 1

Hey! Welcome! I'm in North Jersey as well! Feel free to post any questions you might have. Not all of us were fortunate enough to grow up with firearms. I got a late start to shooting sports too. My first suggestion would be to pick up a copy of Evan Nappen's NJ Gun Law book. This is a tricky state to exercise your rights in.

Best wishes!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Welcome to the firearms community.  Always nice to see first time buyers joinining. 

Once you are comfortable you know how to safely operate your firearm, start inviting friends and family members to the range with you.  Not only is it exciting and fun teaching others to shoot safely but It's important we grow our community and educate others about the many, many, MANY incorrect notions of guns and gun owners.

Also be sure to check out the "Meet Up" thread for get togethers.  Many of us get together out in Clinton to shoot clays a few times a year.  There are also hog and pheasant hunts organized by CNJFO (one of the several NJ 2nd Amendment groups) as well as announcement for rallies and other get togethers.  

Again, welcome.  Be safe, have fun and be sure to share your new passion with friends and family when you are ready to.

Welcome to the firearms community.  Always nice to see first time buyers joinining. 
Once you are comfortable you know how to safely operate your firearm, start inviting friends and family members to the range with you.  Not only is it exciting and fun teaching others to shoot safely but It's important we grow our community and educate others about the many, many, MANY incorrect notions of guns and gun owners.
Also be sure to check out the "Meet Up" thread for get togethers.  Many of us get together out in Clinton to shoot clays a few times a year.  There are also hog and pheasant hunts organized by CNJFO (one of the several NJ 2nd Amendment groups) as well as announcement for rallies and other get togethers.  
Again, welcome.  Be safe, have fun and be sure to share your new passion with friends and family when you are ready to.

Great advice! CNJFO is having a clay shoot at Lehigh on July 25. Details at cnjfo.com/events. I'll be there.

37 minutes ago, Ms. 12 Gauge said:

Great advice! CNJFO is having a clay shoot at Lehigh on July 25. Details at cnjfo.com/events. I'll be there.

On a Wed?   is that the correct date?   Would have thought it would be on a weekend.