slickskin

breaking down the new gun laws signed by the governor

6 hours ago, al7601 said:

what do we do with all of our 15 round mags? 

Like what someone else posted, you mail them on day 180 to your least favorite Dem politician's home, so when he opens the box on day 181 or 182, he becomes an instant felon. Make sure to take a picture of him bringing the package into the house, then call the local LEO's and news media to rat him out. :)

• Like 4

I've seen some discussion about F2F sales and when the law takes effect but has anyone gotten an answer? The way I read the law it looks like it takes effect on Oct 1st but I could be wrong. For al I know it may have gone into effect as soon as the bill was signed into law.

49 minutes ago, gfl216 said:

I've seen some discussion about F2F sales and when the law takes effect but has anyone gotten an answer? The way I read the law it looks like it takes effect on Oct 1st but I could be wrong. For al I know it may have gone into effect as soon as the bill was signed into law.

Im interested in the above also. If i have a handgun can I still sell face to face to a valid permit holder? If so how long until when? Sorry if this was discussed I am literally living in a zoo with 3 little runs running around/ No time to research until much later.

Thanks in adavance

I think instead of worrying if they suspect if you have a 15 rounder hidden in the bottom of your sock and underwear drawer we should worry about the other bills like the extreme risk protection order act of 2018.  The one where your crazy ex-girlfriend can file petition to have your guns and gun rights removed without due process.    

• Like 5

3 hours ago, slickskin said:

The 10 round magazine restriction doesn't bother me as much as how they make it very hard in this state to buy one but very easy to take away. Though it's very troubling because how do we know in a few years they won't go down to 5?

I admit I kind of agree that the average joe shouldn't need a fully automatic assault weapon with a drum magazine and armor piercing bullets, but when you tell someone they can't have any weapons at all because of the tiniest thing it seems like a blatant infringement of the 2nd amendment. 

The same bitch that introduced the 10 round limit has already co-sponsored a 5 round limit bill YESTERDAY!

Give an inch, they take a mile!

Just now, M4BGRINGO said:

The same bitch that introduced the 10 round limit has already co-sponsored a 5 round limit bill YESTERDAY!

I didn’t give shit. They just took their mile. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, M4BGRINGO said:

EXACTLY, just a matter of time when it WILL be a 5 round limit. At that point, it may not even be worth the hassle and headache to even own handguns anymore.

1 hour ago, Sniper22 said:

Like what someone else posted, you mail them on day 180 to your least favorite Dem politician's home, so when he opens the box on day 181 or 182, he becomes an instant felon. Make sure to take a picture of him bringing the package into the house, then call the local LEO's and news media to rat him out. :)

Kind of immature, don't you think?

So, hypothetical question:

A perp breaks into a house thinking no one is home. But wait, mama is home with her young pre-school age children. She quickly draws her husbands spare weapon (he is LEO) and shoots the perp right between the eyes! Great right? Well, maybe she has no FPID card, HIS gun has a 15 round mag that she can't touch, PLUS that was an illegal transfer. What happens......

Shit, we know what happens. Good shooting to mama and the story gets buried, right along with the perp.

Two classes of citizens in NJ, the Elite and us peasants........... Don't take this as a bash on LEO, but WHY are there two sets of rules??????????

• Like 2

Seems the rest of the country is watching this fiasco. I called to buy 10 15 round mags for a new gun I have coming, they wouldn't sell them to me. Somehow they already knew about the new law and I was a day late ordering them! I bought 10 rounders, same price, but just sucks.

5 hours ago, JerseyJim said:

Can ordinary N.J. (non-FFL) folk sell magazines on eBay?  I have bought a couple on eBay and I have several 15's I'd rather sell so I have the means to buy 10's

Nothing over 10 allowed on fleabay

3 hours ago, slickskin said:

The 10 round magazine restriction doesn't bother me as much as how they make it very hard in this state to buy one but very easy to take away. Though it's very troubling because how do we know in a few years they won't go down to 5?

I admit I kind of agree that the average joe shouldn't need a fully automatic assault weapon with a drum magazine and armor piercing bullets, but when you tell someone they can't have any weapons at all because of the tiniest thing it seems like a blatant infringement of the 2nd amendment. 

Seriously?

Smh

Wow....

1 hour ago, BobA said:

I think instead of worrying if they suspect if you have a 15 rounder hidden in the bottom of your sock and underwear drawer we should worry about the other bills like the extreme risk protection order act of 2018.  The one where your crazy ex-girlfriend can file petition to have your guns and gun rights removed without due process.    

That's exactly what I've been complaining about on here! It seems that with a lot of things gun related their is no due process. You'd think people would be more concerned about how easily they could just take away thousands of dollars worth of weapons and all your weapon rights because of something as simple as a temporary restraining order or a visit to the psychiatrist's office or a crazy ex girlfriend calling something in before you care about how many rounds your magazine can hold.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, gunnarsport said:

EXACTLY, just a matter of time when it WILL be a 5 round limit. At that point, it may not even be worth the hassle and headache to even own handguns anymore.

Fail.....

If you love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Seriously?

Smh

Wow....

It's funny how I say okay maybe you don't need a rocket launcher or a mini gun and you snap at me (I don't think you can anywhere), but then when I complain that a lot of these gun control measures violate due process and people are guilty until proven innocent many don't agree.

14 hours ago, danw77 said:

This is interesting.

(5) Are law enforcement officers exempt for possession of large capacity ammunition magazines?

A: Yes. Under N.J.S. 2C:39-3g.Law enforcement officers are exempt for possession of large capacity ammunition magazines provided that the officer is actually on duty or traveling to or from an authorized place of duty and that the large capacity ammunition magazines have been duly authorized by law, regulation, or law enforcement orders.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bob2222 said:

This is interesting.

looks to me like a leo is still exempt for the most part. If he is allowed to travel with a 15 he by default is allowed to have them at his house where the travel to duty would start. Maybe he would need a 10 to go to the Acme but I dont see them getting jammed up. Besides, a retired leo is exempt too and I cant imagine they would have more of a right than those currently employed.

Wrong answer. Need has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, siderman said:

looks to me like a leo is still exempt for the most part. If he is allowed to travel with a 15 he by default is allowed to have them at his house where the travel to duty would start. Maybe he would need a 10 to go to the Acme but I dont see them getting jammed up. Besides, a retired leo is exempt too and I cant imagine they would have more of a right than those currently employed.

I can't see it makes any sense for a retired LEO to be exempt but an active LEO not exempt.

Also from Attorney Nappen:

(15) Is it illegal to manufacture, cause to be manufactured, transport, ship, sell or dispose of a large capacity ammunition magazine under New Jersey law?

A: Yes. Under N.J.S. 2C:39 - 9h., it is a crime of the fourth degree to unlawfully manufacture, cause to be manufactured, transport, ship, sell or dispose of a large capacity ammunition magazine intended for use for any purpose other than authorized military or law enforcement purposes. This law prohibiting “transport” directly conflicts with the possession/carry exemptions for registered owners, retired law enforcement and motion picture, television, or video productions because the exception only includes N.J.S. 2C:39-3 and fails to mention N.J.S. 2C:39 - 9h.

This law also prohibits “dispose of” which directly conflicts with the Voluntary Surrender provision of N.J.S. 2C: 39 - 12  And only gives immunity for “possession” and not for transportation or disposal. This is yet another example of our legislators not knowing the law or having any understanding what they are doing.

Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of <strike>Congress</strike> the New Jersey state legislature; but I repeat myself." - Mark Twain

The NJ legislature as a group seems to have very poor English comprehension skills. (Good for lawyers like Nappen, though!)

36 minutes ago, BobA said:

Irrelevant.   The domino of regulations and control kicks in once one law starts.  That's how we're in the situation we are.  Back in '66 what they did didn't seem so bad then.  And looking back it doesn't seem so bad as compared to today.  Once the ball starts rolling..........

The 1966 NJ Sills Act followed the 1965 Watts riots. The goal was to keep guns out of the hands of urban minorities. It was Politically Incorrect to say that, even in 1966, but that was the goal. Unfortunately, the law was turned around precisely 180 degrees and aimed at suburban and rural gun owners who had very small rates of gun crime, even in 1966. (It didn't keep any guns out of the hands of urban minorities, either. )

In the 2 years between the 1966 Sills Act and the 1968 GCA, Pennsylvania gun stores were widely advertising to New Jersey residents who had "missed" their opportunity.

In 2018 my guess is that it's probably a lot easier for a NJ urban gangster to establish legal residency in Pennsylvania or Delaware, obtain legal ID and buy all the guns he wants than to go through the NJ FPID and PPP process. And he'd still be restricted by NJ's one-gun-a-month. What do you think he will do? (I'm assuming that the average gangster's IQ is higher than the average NJ state legislator's.)

Politicians will never undo stupid and ineffective laws that they pass -- which is why I think that the only way that this is going to be overturned is in the Federal courts.

Good read on Sills:

https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/when-did-new-jersey-become-so-anti-gun-the-background.636782/

Background check law now makes FFL03 recognized in NJ. FFL03 to FFL03 sale for C&R Firearms no NICS or FFL01 needed. Many black rifles are becoming C&R (over 50 years old). Also no OGAM restriction for FFL03.

People are dreaming if they think they will be able to sell blocked 15 round mags for more than pennies on the dollar. Only state that is 15 is Colorado and Mag Limit isn't enforced there.

No chance I would sell to a cop FTF (unless a personal friend) on the basis that no one is above the law.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, capt14k said:

People are dreaming if they think they will be able to sell 15 round mags for more than pennies on the dollar. Only state that is 15 is Colorado and Mag Limit isn't enforced there.

All my pistol mags are standard capacity, such as 13rds XDM 45 and 12rds USP 45. So if I wanted to I can sell them for more then pennies on the dollar. Only those mags that are neutered are useless.

Does anyone know if you can ship the mags to a family member's second residence out of state where the mags are legal?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

All my pistol mags are standard capacity, such as 13rds XDM 45 and 12rds USP 45. So if I wanted to I can sell them for more then pennies on the dollar. Only those mags that are neutered are useless.
Good point.

1 hour ago, capt14k said:

People are dreaming if they think they will be able to sell blocked 15 round mags for more than pennies on the dollar. Only state that is 15 is Colorado and Mag Limit isn't enforced there.

Only neutered/blocked 15 round pistol mags and blocked 15 round AR mags should be affected.

>10 round pistol magazines have been around since at least 1935 (Browning HP -- possibly the most widely used military sidearm in the world. The "standard" capacity is 13 rounds.)

Only neutered/blocked 15 round pistol mags and blocked 15 round AR mags should be affected.

>10 round pistol magazines have been around since at least 1935 (Browning HP -- possibly the most widely used military sidearm in the world. The "standard" capacity is 13 rounds.)

I thought I corrected the Post to blocked 15 round.

Browning FN1935 or High Power wasn't one they had listed on Calguns that there is no 10 round for or can't be neutered to 10.