slickskin

breaking down the new gun laws signed by the governor

Both those bills were submitted in the January rush of submittals as is done every year when the new legislative year begins.  The 10 round bill was chosen to move forward.  Unless withdrawn by the sponsor it sits on the docket waiting for action by the committee.  Same as it always has been.

48 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

not that any of us would break the law.....but i see the private transfer one being nearly unenforcable.....until they start playing with the entrapment game anyway.

I can see it being a way to punish people after the fact when they trace who the criminal got the gun from. Not going to really stop anything but just more punishment after the fact.

I was talking to someone who is a therapist and asked them about the new gun law with them reporting people. She said it's a feel good law and changes absolutely nothing in procedure.

3 hours ago, capt14k said:

I thought I corrected the Post to blocked 15 round.

Browning FN1935 or High Power wasn't one they had listed on Calguns that there is no 10 round for or can't be neutered to 10.

I must have misread what you wrote.

Sorry.

32 minutes ago, Greenday said:

I can see it being a way to punish people after the fact when they trace who the criminal got the gun from. Not going to really stop anything but just more punishment after the fact.

I was talking to someone who is a therapist and asked them about the new gun law with them reporting people. She said it's a feel good law and changes absolutely nothing in procedure.

except that the only way a criminal's gonna get our guns is through theft.......which in all obviousness isn't covered by this law

1 minute ago, 1LtCAP said:

except that the only way a criminal's gonna get our guns is through theft.......which in all obviousness isn't covered by this law

I don't mean for law abiding citizens. Obviously we aren't selling to criminals.

5 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

Well I guess we need to make another law to cover that too.

On 6/14/2018 at 7:51 AM, sota said:

Maybe "citizens" need to call the NICS number every time they're forced to do an at-dealer transfer that was once F2F... just to piss them off. :D

Why? It's not their fault...unless they voted for Murphy, or worse yet not at all.

BTW I know you were kidding with that statement..

• Like 1

You dont call NICS....  you DONT call NJ...  you submit it online and pay your $18+ vig to NJ...for them to contact NICS.

The best part is, being it is done online via the NJ web system....guess what...its all searchable and stored.

I seem to recall that NICs checks weren't supposed to be stored, like a database of transactions......

Seems NJ didnt get that memo.

They know precisely how many NICS checks you did and when.....  long guns and handguns.....  that doesn't frighten you? It should.

Handguns are registered by paper at the NJSP.

Now for long guns.....  they know who started the nics check, they know when it was done....the go to the dealer....mr ffl let  me see your 4473 from april 13.  Flip flop flip...  oh here it is transaction xxxxxxx....  he she bought X.

• Like 1

Excuse me for soundinng lazy, but would you mind linking that thread? I can’t seem to find it.

Sorry about the quick reply. Thread is titled time to get a FFL03.

Here is the link

Time to get a FFL03
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=42596&share_tid=91482&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Enjgunforums%2Ecom%2Fforum%2Findex%2Ephp%3F%2Ftopic%2F91482-Time-to-get-a-FFL03&share_type=t

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

You dont call NICS....  you DONT call NJ...  you submit it online and pay your $18+ vig to NJ...for them to contact NICS.

The best part is, being it is done online via the NJ web system....guess what...its all searchable and stored.

I seem to recall that NICs checks weren't supposed to be stored, like a database of transactions......

Seems NJ didnt get that memo.

They know precisely how many NICS checks you did and when.....  long guns and handguns.....  that doesn't frighten you? It should.

Handguns are registered by paper at the NJSP.

Now for long guns.....  they know who started the nics check, they know when it was done....the go to the dealer....mr ffl let  me see your 4473 from april 13.  Flip flop flip...  oh here it is transaction xxxxxxx....  he she bought X.

Jun 24, 2013 - The government has already told us that background check records are saved. ... The calls for universal background checks are a deception. The NICS background check system is designed as and fully functional as a record storage system and federal gun registry.

<< End Ammo Land Statement>>

Nics Checks are saved.. The actual gun you purchased are not saved in the nics system (Hand gun or Long gun is noted in the nics check).. only time and date you ran the nics.   This is nationwide... How else would the FBI say oh this shooter passed nics without being able to see he ran a nics....  I think Not Saved was a word game...

BTW i had an ATF agent from Florida call me and ask me to pull all the records for a certain person... My reply was it does not work like that.. You need to tell me a gun you want looked into and the date i received it.

Also dealers with Digital AD books can search by name... I do not use digital books,  most NJ ffl's do not use digital books.

5 hours ago, 9X19 said:

Why? It's not their fault...unless they voted for Murphy, or worse yet not at all.

BTW I know you were kidding with that statement..

Dont blame the Nics operators... Dont blame the dealers... Blame the voters who thought it was a good idea to stay home on election day... 35% turnout is fucking dismal.  

BTW calling the nics system to complain is fine...  Except it will just slow down the nics checks since they are short staffed..

Jun 24, 2013 - The government has already told us that background check records are saved. ... The calls for universal background checks are a deception. The NICS background check system is designed as and fully functional as a record storage system and federal gun registry.
>
Nics Checks are saved.. The actual gun you purchased are not saved in the nics system (Hand gun or Long gun is noted in the nics check).. only time and date you ran the nics.   This is nationwide... How else would the FBI say oh this shooter passed nics without being able to see he ran a nics....  I think Not Saved was a word game...
BTW i had an ATF agent from Florida call me and ask me to pull all the records for a certain person... My reply was it does not work like that.. You need to tell me a gun you want looked into and the date i received it.
Also dealers with Digital AD books can search by name... I do not use digital books,  most NJ ffl's do not use digital books.

The actual gun is not saved but they can simply match up the NICS search with your book. Then they have make, model, and caliber. So NY or NJ could cross reference anyone that bought an AR-15 and then get some liberal judge to issue a warrant to search for, "high capacity" 15 round magazines. That oxymoron is as bad as liberal firearms owner.

• Like 1

Irrelevant.   The domino of regulations and control kicks in once one law starts.  That's how we're in the situation we are.  Back in '66 what they did didn't seem so bad then.  And looking back it doesn't seem so bad as compared to today.  Once the ball starts rolling..........
Please edit your post. I never made that statement. You quoted someone else and put my name to it. Not cool.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, capt14k said:

The actual gun is not saved but they can simply match up the NICS search with your book. Then they have make, model, and caliber. So NY or NJ could cross reference anyone that bought an AR-15 and then get some liberal judge to issue a warrant to search for, "high capacity" 15 round magazines. That oxymoron is as bad as liberal firearms owner.

That can be done with any state or the feds....   Just think of the man power it would take to preform such a task with every NJ , NY dealer.   To create a registry sure it s possible but would be some task...  There are lots of things man can do but at what cost and time..

Based on your Scenario... What were they searching for originally?   or are you talking a blanket mass registry?

We both know that would never hold up in ANY court.  the mass search for something someone might have... Come on capt.... I know how you think but this is even a stretch.

• Like 1

That can be done with any state or the feds....   Just think of the man power it would take to preform such a task with every NJ , NY dealer.   To create a registry sure it s possible but would be some task...  There are lots of things man can do but at what cost and time..
Based on your Scenario... What were they searching for originally?   or are you talking a blanket mass registry?

Since when do Democrats care about wasting money?

Also that is not true. The background check is destroyed by the FBI. Not by the NJSP. Only states that act as POC Scan the info be saved.

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/nics/about-nics

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Since when do Democrats care about wasting money?

Also that is not true. The background check is destroyed by the FBI. Not by the NJSP. Only states that act as POC Scan the info be saved.

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/nics/about-nics

So explain to me how they know a person passed nics.... Solely based on the dealers Paperwork marking approved.....    Without a way to back up the approval with the actual nics system?

So explain to me how they know a person passed nics.... Solely based on the dealers Paperwork marking approved.....    Without a way to back up the approval with the actual nics system?

That would be my guess. Usually they don't know right away if a shooter was approved by NICS. It isn't til after they track down where the firearms came from.

Also do not foget... Such an over reach would cause outrage on all sides..

Getting a judge to issue a warrant for a non criminal to search for something he might have without any prior threat.. calls. hints nothing...   I think even the ACLU would take up this case...   The ramifications would be far reaching and even dip in to their favorite political side..

IE searching for illegals in a house because the person is Hispanic.  etc etc it would open the doors to a nightmare

1 minute ago, capt14k said:

That would be my guess. Usually they don't know right away if a shooter was approved by NICS. It isn't til after they track down where the firearms came from.

We dont know that.. We only know he passed nics and this deal got him the gun.. that usually happens from a trace request... which takes a few days

you start with the manufacture >> distributor >> dealer >> citizen

At my last inspection, the IOI had a list of NTNs with dates. While going through the 4473s for the year, he crossed checked them. So they know who was approved and denied.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

Also do not foget... Such an over reach would cause outrage on all sides..
Getting a judge to issue a warrant for a non criminal to search for something he might have without any prior threat.. calls. hints nothing...   I think even the ACLU would take up this case...   The ramifications would be far reaching and even dip in to their favorite political side..

IE searching for illegals in a house because the person is Hispanic.  etc etc it would open the doors to a nightmare
We dont know that.. We only know he passed nics and this deal got him the gun.. that usually happens from a trace request... which takes a few days
you start with the manufacture >> distributor >> dealer >> citizen

I was just going to post how they find out. Serial number to manufacturer to dealer to marked passed on 4473. Federal NICS check is destroyed within 24hrs. NJ NICS is a whole other story. I wonder if PICS is compiling a registration database as well.

https://www.thirdway.org/memo/why-universal-background-checks-cant-lead-to-a-federal-gun-registry

1 minute ago, PK90 said:

At my last inspection, the IOI had a list of NTNs with dates. While going through the 4473s for the year, he crossed checked them. So they know who was approved and denied.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

That would make sense... The Feds are not going to take the dealers word for an approval.. There has to be a database of numbers. dates and names

2 minutes ago, capt14k said:

I was just going to post how they find out. Serial number to manufacturer to dealer to marked passed on 4473. Federal NICS check is destroyed within 24hrs. NJ NICS is a whole other story. I wonder if PICS is compiling a registration database as well.

https://www.thirdway.org/memo/why-universal-background-checks-cant-lead-to-a-federal-gun-registry

Read PK's post.... that will end your Nics check theory

3 minutes ago, capt14k said:

it CANT lead to a registry because nics DOES NOT KNOW WHAT YOU PURCHASED.