slickskin

breaking down the new gun laws signed by the governor

38 minutes ago, Rick said:

Looking to sell majority of my guns in the next few months.  Just wondering what our options are as far as magazines that can hold more than 10.  Do they need to be converted to hold 10 rounds before the sale, or can the new owner take possession and do it themselves?  

Wut ya got?

• Like 1

Win one for the good guys. Sadly the Justices who we count on to restore the 2nd are willing to destroy the 4th. Other than Roberts reverse on Obamacare he is my favorite Justice.

CNET: Supreme Court says warrant necessary for phone location data in win for privacy.
https://www.cnet.com/news/supreme-court-says-warrant-necessary-for-phone-location-data/#ftag=CAD0610abe0f

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 hours ago, capt14k said:

I am seriously considering it after reading this story.

http://michellawyers.com/former-police-officer-files-racketeering-lawsuit-against-los-angeles-police-department/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On a side note, this story makes me wonder if anyone with a large firearms collection (as some of you collectors have) should consider dividing and storing it in more than one location, including perhaps something not easily traced through credit card, etc? Not so much for purposes of seizure, but far more likely for something like common theft. Why have all your eggs in one basket, so to speak? Of course, then you have to worry about providing some level of security (safes, locks, etc.) for each location... but still, I can't see why anyone should make it so easy for a thief, whether common criminal or gov't agency, to take a full 100% of their prized collection in one fell swoop.

Lordy, where's my tinfoil hat? I'm starting to sound paranoid! LOL. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, capt14k said:

http://michellawyers.com/former-police-officer-files-racketeering-lawsuit-against-los-angeles-police-department/

Fuck dat......

57 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

On a side note, this story makes me wonder if anyone with a large firearms collection (as some of you collectors have) should consider dividing and storing it in more than one location, including perhaps something not easily traced through credit card, etc? Not so much for purposes of seizure, but far more likely for something like common theft. Why have all your eggs in one basket, so to speak? Of course, then you have to worry about providing some level of security (safes, locks, etc.) for each location... but still, I can't see why anyone should make it so easy for a thief, whether common criminal or gov't agency, to take a full 100% of their prized collection in one fell swoop.

Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean it's not true or plausible 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Not paranoid.  Dispersal is a realistic tactic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smokin .50 said:

Each one of my off-premise locations is wired with Claymores so they'll never get my SH!T, lol!

"THIS SIDE TOWARDS ENEMY".  Live it, love it, Practice it :)   j/k

So they’re all pointed toward Trenton?

• Like 2

First, regarding something I read above, NJ only needs one party of a conversation aware of recording. Isn't that true? So leaving ones cellphone on record doesn't violate anything here?

Second, where else can you store your firearms besides your home? I'm nervous to even send any of mine to my cop brother in Florida.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Lostboy said:

First, regarding something I read above, NJ only needs one party of a conversation aware of recording. Isn't that true? So leaving ones cellphone on record doesn't violate anything here?

Second, where else can you store your firearms besides your home? I'm nervous to even send any of mine to my cop brother in Florida.

If I were in your shoes, I would drive them down myself and purchase a safe for your brother's house for which only you know the combination. This way you avoid breaking the illegal transfer laws!

On 6/22/2018 at 11:25 AM, capt14k said:

Win one for the good guys. Sadly the Justices who we count on to restore the 2nd are willing to destroy the 4th. Other than Roberts reverse on Obamacare he is my favorite Justice.

CNET: Supreme Court says warrant necessary for phone location data in win for privacy.
https://www.cnet.com/news/supreme-court-says-warrant-necessary-for-phone-location-data/#ftag=CAD0610abe0f

Interesting to note the ruling was given by the 4 liberal justices and Roberts.  Ginsburg, Kagan, Sotomayor, and Breyer are a bad bet to protect your 2A rights.

Interesting to note the ruling was given by the 4 liberal justices and Roberts.  Ginsburg, Kagan, Sotomayor, and Breyer are a bad bet to protect your 2A rights.
Isn't that the same thing as what I wrote?

3 hours ago, Lostboy said:

First, one party knowledge of recording is legal in some states and illegal in others.  Leave your cell phone on voice record and leave the room where you can't hear the conversation and you've violated the law everywhere.

Second, you can store your firearms anywhere as long as a transfer hasn't taken place.

Yes.  Just commenting and naming names.
Ok.

I do find it disturbing that the other 4 dissented in this case, but I figured they would. As I stated earlier it seems the left and right are working together to take away our rights. The left goes after the 2nd while the right goes after the 4th. Both in their own way are chipping away at the 1st and 5th.

On 6/22/2018 at 3:41 PM, Smokin .50 said:

Each one of my off-premise locations is wired with Claymores so they'll never get my SH!T, lol!

"THIS SIDE TOWARDS ENEMY".  Live it, love it, Practice it :)   j/k

I have a sister in one of the freest states in the country, she will be getting a LOT of stuff from me until I can escape this cesspool of a state! Funny they own Saiga-12 drums, yet they don't own a Saiga-12.  :)

• Like 1

On 6/21/2018 at 11:32 PM, capt14k said:

So you bought your guns legally to defend against tyranny,  only to get rid of them when the government becomes tyrannical? 

• Like 5

So you bought your guns legally to defend against tyranny,  only to get rid of them when the government becomes tyrannical? 
Was referring to my most valuable firearms. I wouldn't be using them to fight any battles. A couple I don't even shoot. I am not selling anything except to buy something I want more.

Chapters 34 thru 39 were published by the State today ... finally.

Reading them was pretty mind numbing. The content of 34 and 35 (the new 'Red Flag' laws) makes it so you can have your guns and ammo (ammo includes ALL reloading components) taken and destroyed for pretty much any reason someone wants to fabricate.

Chapter 36 only exempts transfers within immediate families and limits them to 3 generations. So if great grandpop wants to give you his '03 Springfield from the Great War, you need a NICS check.

Chapter 39 (the Mag Ban) is written very strangely. They modify the first part of 2C39-1 then go on to not enact it, but re-write the entire section.  It looks like a lawyer's dirty trick in action to do it that way.  WHY???????

Nowhere is funding made available by the Legislature to publicize any of these new laws. Nor is Vaseline provided by the State for when they come to shove these laws up our collective anal openings.

On 6/22/2018 at 11:25 AM, capt14k said:

Another disturbing violation of the 4th amendment that not too many people are aware of is the permanent storage of and the utilization of data collected by ALPR ( automatic license plate readers ) .   without a warrant these private companies have distributed these readers to the police for god knows what reason.   without being charged with any crime or under investigation for any wrong doing ALL of our plates are recorded and stored with GPS co-ordinates for future use.   I have also seen screen shots of vehicles captured by this.   this information will be available to the highest bidder or for the most nefarious reasons,  Of course they will say its for the children.    for example your plate can be entered into this system and it WILL show every camera you drove past. date time and all that.      I just got stopped the other day by one of these traps because it said my plate was not registered, I had issued reg and insurance so as far as im concerned it was an unlawful stop. thats the reason the cop gave when i asked him why he stopped me.    I just happened to be on my way to the range as i am usually always enroute to some place to shoot so I had some of my stuff with me.   all legal of course.       

watch out for these things the ones on the cop cars are obvious but the ones place at entrances to locations (shooting ranges )and such could pose a problem for those of us that are always going to or coming from a range. THEY KNOW WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN LEGALLY TRAVELLING.    

Chapters 34 thru 39 were published by the State today ... finally.
Reading them was pretty mind numbing. The content of 34 and 35 (the new 'Red Flag' laws) makes it so you can have your guns and ammo (ammo includes ALL reloading components) taken and destroyed for pretty much any reason someone wants to fabricate.
Chapter 36 only exempts transfers within immediate families and limits them to 3 generations. So if great grandpop wants to give you his '03 Springfield from the Great War, you need a NICS check.
Chapter 39 (the Mag Ban) is written very strangely. They modify the first part of 2C39-1 then go on to not enact it, but re-write the entire section.  It looks like a lawyer's dirty trick in action to do it that way.  WHY???????
Nowhere is funding made available by the Legislature to publicize any of these new laws. Nor is Vaseline provided by the State for when they come to shove these laws up our collective anal openings.

Posting online I believe now covers notice. Previously it was in the Star Ledger

Another disturbing violation of the 4th amendment that not too many people are aware of is the permanent storage of and the utilization of data collected by ALPR ( automatic license plate readers ) .   without a warrant these private companies have distributed these readers to the police for god knows what reason.   without being charged with any crime or under investigation for any wrong doing ALL of our plates are recorded and stored with GPS co-ordinates for future use.   I have also seen screen shots of vehicles captured by this.   this information will be available to the highest bidder or for the most nefarious reasons,  Of course they will say its for the children.    for example your plate can be entered into this system and it WILL show every camera you drove past. date time and all that.      I just got stopped the other day by one of these traps because it said my plate was not registered, I had issued reg and insurance so as far as im concerned it was an unlawful stop. thats the reason the cop gave when i asked him why he stopped me.    I just happened to be on my way to the range as i am usually always enroute to some place to shoot so I had some of my stuff with me.   all legal of course.       
watch out for these things the ones on the cop cars are obvious but the ones place at entrances to locations (shooting ranges )and such could pose a problem for those of us that are always going to or coming from a range. THEY KNOW WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN LEGALLY TRAVELLING.    

Yes it is a privacy violation. NJ retains info for 5 years. Virginia Supreme Court is hearing a case now. A win there will mean more filings by the ACLU elsewhere. Sadly this one will have to be filed and won state by state.

54 minutes ago, revenger said:

THEY KNOW WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN LEGALLY TRAVELLING.    

They don't need ALPR to know that.

That rectangular, electronic thing with a touch screen in your pocket already knows that information.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2018 at 7:31 PM, Sniper22 said:

Like what someone else posted, you mail them on day 180 to your least favorite Dem politician's home, so when he opens the box on day 181 or 182, he becomes an instant felon. Make sure to take a picture of him bringing the package into the house, then call the local LEO's and news media to rat him out. :)

Remembering, of course, that they DO have our prints :)