JMich3

Anyone trained with DVC performance?

A couple of people mentioned DVC performance on another thread and their online reviews look pretty solid. Has anyone trained with them? I emailed them twice and have gotten no response, so I’m getting a little Leary.

Yes, I have trained with DVC Performance!  Aaron is a highly competent instructor who is very patient and have a very positive and encouraging style of instruction.  He can quickly identify issues with your form and technique and offer suggestions on how to correct those deficiencies so that you can quickly improve and perform at a higher level.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Ben Lau said:

Yes, I have trained with DVC Performance!  Aaron is a highly competent instructor who is very patient and have a very positive and encouraging style of instruction.  He can quickly identify issues with your form and technique and offer suggestions on how to correct those deficiencies so that you can quickly improve and perform at a higher level.

Thank you!

If you want to a better competition shooter than you need to go to DVC and not a tactical shooting group.  I have trained and shot many matches with Aaron.  He knows the game and what it takes to excel.  Not just the shooting portion, which he will get perfected for you, but the stuff that wins matches, stage break down, movement,  where to save seconds, 1/2 seconds, tenths of seconds.  This is what wins matches, this is what makes you a great match shooter.  You want an instructor that knows this.  Few do, but Aaron does and he will show you that on the shot timer.

• Like 2

I definitely would recommend that anyone who is serious about competition shooting to train with DVC performance. Aaron always takes the time to explain new concepts and techniques. He doesn't rush through things. He makes sure that you have a solid foundation to build on.

When I went his class, he corrected many bad habits, that I had picked up while shooting without guidance. These habits, even minute one that many of us don't really think about, can cost seconds on the timer. You want a instructor who can spot errors in your shooting stance, grip ,etc and correct them so you can be a better shooter . Aaron is definitely has the attention to detail you want in a shooting instructor. Since then, I've seen a noticeable improvement in my shooting ability. He also sent me home with various drills so that I can practice on my own. 

• Like 2

Hi. I've trained with Aaron too and it was a great experience. What he lacks in email responsiveness (DVC is not his day job) he certainly makes up for in training ability and competitive shooting experience. As others have said he has a great eye at analysing your shooting skills and then offering constructive feedback on how you can approve. Training with him is a great investment if you are serious about competitive shooting.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Are you into competitive shooting? 

If so, Aaron is a great guy to train with.  I've taken two classes with him.  My first class, he was actually really sick but he showed up to teach us anyway.  It was a group session so you can drag your buddies out.  Even though it was a group session, he kept it small.  My second session was actually to prep for my first big area match.  His experience in these large matches was really helpful as I was better prepared for the match.

Besides the fundamentals, Aaron is great with teaching you the rules of the game.  These are the little things that you can do to save yourself a few seconds here and there.

Sure, you can spend hours practicing and attempt to get better on your own.  My preference was to get as good as I could as quickly as I could.

The best part is that he is local in NJ so you do not have to drive 2+ hours.  You just show up and shoot.  He has everything setup for you in advance.

• Like 2

I actually got it and i accidentally deleted it when cleaning out my email. I’d  like to set up a lesson soon actually. I’m out of work duing the week by 3 if you can do an afternoon or evening. I’m available most weekends too. 

17 hours ago, JMich3 said:

I actually got it and i accidentally deleted it when cleaning out my email. I’d  like to set up a lesson soon actually. I’m out of work duing the week by 3 if you can do an afternoon or evening. I’m available most weekends too. 

Sounds good - I'll follow up with you via email...  thanks!

• Like 1