JMich3

Changing sight picture on VP9

I recently got the VP9 and I’m loving it. I was wondering if it’s possible to re work the sights so the front sight is directly under the the target? Presently I’m covering what i want to hit, i don’t like that the actual aiming point is hidden by my front sight.

You can get a shorter front sight, Dawson Precision makes many height choices both in black and fiber opic. Finding the exact height that YOU need might be a bit of a chore though

If you're willing to replace them anyway you could try to file your OEM sight first. I don't know what the stock sights look like tho, if they're tritium you probably don't want to do that

Second the Dawson recommendation for tuning front sight height. If you have a caliper, the Dawson site would give you the formula to plug your numbers into. You could also call them, and they'll help you out.

Another option is to try different bullet weights.

Keep in mind that the VP9 will make best use of combat style sight picture, it is not a target gun made to shoot little tiny groups. (#3 here)

sightimages.jpg

36 minutes ago, RichP said:

Second the Dawson recommendation for tuning front sight height. If you have a caliper, the Dawson site would give you the formula to plug your numbers into. You could also call them, and they'll help you out.

Another option is to try different bullet weights.

Keep in mind that the VP9 will make best use of combat style sight picture, it is not a target gun made to shoot little tiny groups. (#3 here)

sightimages.jpg

It’s set up just like the third option , i prefer the second one though. Just what a grew up shooting. 

On 6/14/2018 at 9:51 AM, JMich3 said:

It’s set up just like the third option , i prefer the second one though. Just what a grew up shooting. 

You’ve got a “combat hold”

call hk first.. and shmooze a little 

• Like 1

On 6/14/2018 at 9:51 AM, JMich3 said:

What distance are you shooting at?

That may change your POA/POI relationship.

If you are only shooting at 3 to 7yards, that’s kinda they way it’s supposed to be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, High Exposure said:

What distance are you shooting at?

That may change your POA/POI relationship.

If you are only shooting at 3 to 7yards, that’s kinda they way it’s supposed to be.

I generally mix it up . I shoot at 5,7,10,12 and 15 usually. I have pretty good results but like i said, i learned to shot using a different sight picture so i guess i just need to get used to it