JerseyJim

Modifying magazines to 10 round capacity

Neither are you.  So why type anything at all?

That is what we call the pot calling the kettle black. The guy who posts mostly meaningless couple word posts to jack up his post count is complaining about someone posting. Ignore it JHZR2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FXDX said:

FYI - and now for something completely different.

the CNJFO need less than $300 to reach their matching funds goal  so if the eagle shit for you today maybe throw some their way... be nice to see them reach their goal

donate.JPG.d1e5ddbceaa16d00c7686bf9228f1baa.JPG

We did our part last night and got it closer to their goal. Maybe a few more folks on here will help them achieve it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NickySantoro said:

Take your magazines and pack them away with the 20s and 30s you "illegally" put away when Florio got his way. Buy some 10s for range use. 

+1 quadrillion

• Like 3

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/07/nj-governor-murphy-throws-veterans-under-the-bus-just-in-time-for-july-4th/#axzz5K9AjpRAs

story on ammoland about the anjrpc going after mag ban because vets were not grandfathered in,   I understand why but why havent they bought this with retired cops carrying in general in nj.  is it because of leosa?

I am beginning to understand a little better that the scumbag politicians in nj are colluding with anti-americans more than i previously thought.  several observations i made.

1.  not too long ago the state advised retired cops who live outside the state to use LEOSA to carry as well as the other states permits.   no longer issuing permits

2. news that the state wants to increase fees for permits and especially permits to carry. 

3. FFL for private transfers

The state is predicting the future and wants to be ahead of the game when it comes to these things especially the fees.  They are setting up the hurdles before the match date and location has been set so when that date arrives we will still be on the first rung of the ladder as it slips into the quicksand.

hopefully others see this as well,   Now back to my pure grain alcohol and rain water. 

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/07/nj-governor-murphy-throws-veterans-under-the-bus-just-in-time-for-july-4th/#axzz5K9AjpRAs story on ammoland about the anjrpc going after mag ban because vets were not grandfathered in,   I understand why but why havent they bought this with retired cops carrying in general in nj.  is it because of leosa?  

I am beginning to understand a little better that the scumbag politicians in nj are colluding with anti-americans more than i previously thought.  several observations i made.

1.  not too long ago the state advised retired cops who live outside the state to use LEOSA to carry as well as the other states permits.   no longer issuing permits

2. news that the state wants to increase fees for permits and especially permits to carry. 

3. FFL for private transfers

The state is predicting the future and wants to be ahead of the game when it comes to these things especially the fees.  They are setting up the hurdles before the match date and location has been set so when that date arrives we will still be on the first rung of the ladder as it slips into the quicksand.

hopefully others see this as well,   Now back to my pure grain alcohol and rain water. 

I hope that isn't their only argument. It should be part of the as argument. I have not read through the the brief. If it is the only argument it reminds of the One Gun a Month failed injunction. There should also be the argument that they forced the citizens of NJ under the threat of incarceration, fines, and loss of 2A Rights everywhere to buy 15 round magazines at an inflated price. Then they changed the rules and are forcing the citizens of NJ to sell their 15 round magazines but since they are worthless in every other state and country for that matter they are really forcing the citizens of NJ to destroy or turn in their property without compensation. The magazines can not be further reduced to 10 rounds because that would be an admission of violation of the previous 15 round magazine limit that said they had to be permanent. Only factory 15 round magazines could possibly be converted to 10, but 15/30 could not without having been in violation of the law the way it is written. Which is another argument that should be part of the injunction. The law is void for vagueness.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, capt14k said:

I hope that isn't their only argument. It should be part of the as argument. I have not read through the the brief. If it is the only argument it reminds of the One Gun a Month failed injunction. There should also be the argument that they forced the citizens of NJ under the threat of incarceration, fines, and loss of 2A Rights everywhere to buy 15 round magazines at an inflated price. Then they changed the rules and are forcing the citizens of NJ to sell their 15 round magazines but since they are worthless in every other state and country for that matter they are really forcing the citizens of NJ to destroy or turn in their property without compensation. The magazines can not be further reduced to 10 rounds because that would be an admission of violation of the previous 15 round magazine limit that said they had to be permanent. Only factory 15 round magazines could possibly be converted to 10, but 15/30 could not without having been in violation of the law the way it is written. Which is another argument that should be part of the injunction. The law is void for vagueness.

C'mon Capt', you (have) to read the suite :-). It is a good read, actually. Short answer, it is only one major argument of 3 major argument's. Each major has many minor in each section.

C'mon Capt', you (have) to read the suite :-). It is a good read, actually. Short answer, it is only one major argument of 3 major argument's. Each major has many minor in each section.
I read it now. Why they didn't bring up the fact that 15 round magazines were forced upon us, then when everyone complied they forced a new lower limit on us, making our existing property unusable while at the same time there is no way to sell it for just compensation nor are we being offered compensation from the state while they are forcing us under threat to destroy or turn in our property. This could have been added to their brief.

They also missed by not mentioning how at best the law should be void for vagueness because it allows for modifying previously permanently modified 15 round mags, but if someone were to do this they would be breaking the law because the modification needed to be and needs to be permanent. So at worst the law is an entrapment

Lastly I do not like the asking to be able to load 10 rounds in 15 round mags as an optional injunctive relief because that kind of defeats their 2A violation argument.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, capt14k said:

I read it now. Why they didn't bring up the fact that 15 round magazines were forced upon us, then when everyone complied they forced a new lower limit on us, making our existing property unusable while at the same time there is no way to sell it for just compensation nor are we being offered compensation from the state while they are forcing us under threat to destroy or turn in our property. This could have been added to their brief.

They also missed by not mentioning how at best the law should be void for vagueness because it allows for modifying previously permanently modified 15 round mags, but if someone were to do this they would be breaking the law because the modification needed to be and needs to be permanent. So at worst the law is an entrapment

Lastly I do not like the asking to be able to load 10 rounds in 15 round mags as an optional injunctive relief because that kind of defeats their 2A violation argument.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

To me, the first two points are intrinsic to the argument. But, you should send them feedback, their lawyer can articulate your concerns....Your last point, that stuck out to me also, and I didn't think it was a great idea. But I am not complaining. The two suits in total are a fantastic effort. I've been wondering for years WTH NRA and affiliate were doing for us in NJ. I now have no complaints.

To me, the first two points are intrinsic to the argument. But, you should send them feedback, their lawyer can articulate your concerns....Your last point, that stuck out to me also, and I didn't think it was a great idea. But I am not complaining. The two suits in total are a fantastic effort. I've been wondering for years WTH NRA and affiliate were doing for us in NJ. I now have no complaints.

I still have complaints. Where are the other lawsuits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

ANJPRC filed a motion for a preliminary injunction while the lawsuit itself moves forward:

https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.anjrpc.org/resource/resmgr/legal_motions___briefs/anjrpc_v_grewel_nj.pdf

The date for the motion is July 16, 2018.  

Cross you fingers and donate to the ANJRPC Litigation & Special Projects Fund. 

1 hour ago, JerseyJim said:

ANJPRC filed a motion for a preliminary injunction while the lawsuit itself moves forward:

https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.anjrpc.org/resource/resmgr/legal_motions___briefs/anjrpc_v_grewel_nj.pdf

The date for the motion is July 16, 2018.  

Cross you fingers and donate to the ANJRPC Litigation & Special Projects Fund. 

"In the alternative, and at a minimum, Plaintiffs request that the Court enter an injunction that would allow individuals to lawfully retain magazines already in their possession without having to alter them, so long as they load them with at most 10 rounds of ammunition."

Man, look at them, halfway surrendering and coming up with more arbitrary nonsense for the antis in the very court brief intended to fight them. This isn't how you argue.

• Like 2

File suits against all the present laws (except for the armor-piercing) AND against the previous bull shit laws they already forced us to follow, including the 15 round fiasco! Let this 10 round one stay in force, and the 5 round will be presented ASAP.

Try for far more than you can imagine getting, and maybe you will get just a little bit of what you want.

• Like 1

We are lot going to like the outcomes regardless, everyone should be demanding answers from their “elected representation”, njsp, county, local police, etc.  

Like inundation of requests and demands for clarification.

Curious if it is possible for the average citizen to sue the bill sponsors and governor for monetary losses associated with this.  Like specific, personal losses. Small claims or otherwise. A few thousand cases at minimum from all over. I’m sure there’s some exemption or immunity though....