JMich3

Blade Tech signature Holster

I’m going to order a holster to use shooting steel. I’m thinking the Blade Tech signature holster with a 2 inch dropdown / offset. Cost is a major factor so before everyone starts throwing out a bunch of alternative holsters, keep that in mind!  Anyone else use the Blade Tech Signature?

• Like 1

Not familiar with that particular holster but everything that blade Tech makes is good. If your looking at the DOH hangar, the $15 one that makes it point straight towards your leg, I would stay away from that one and just put the holster on a tec-lock and mount it straight to the competition belt. 

What belt do you have? 

Keep in mind that you don't need a holster straight off the bat it's optional at most steel challenge matches and not used for knock down at OB. You should come out and shoot sunday at OB. 

• Like 1

I wish i could come down this weekend, going to visit with my grandfather for Father’s Day. The next challenge is in 2 weeks?

I just ordered that Black Scorpion Belt from Amazon. It was recommended to me as a good belt to start out with. The price was good too compared to some of the others out there

Buy once, cry once. Blade Tech makes fine products. I think the "Signature" line replaces the "Revolution" line and, like that line, is an injection molded polymer. Spring for the extra bucks and get the Classic, which is a thermo-molded polymer (Kydek). Save money by not getting the DOH attachment - unless you have hips like a woman. As for the belt attachment method - if this is going on the belt that holds up your pants, get the ASR as it allows you to "bridge" belt keepers for optimum holster position. If this is going on an over/under comp belt system (not allowed for IDPA) get the Tek-Lok attachment.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

The black scorpion is a great belt, should last you a long time.

6-23 is a knock down match at CJ, great match and no holster needed.

7-1 is steel challenge at CJ.

19 minutes ago, louu said:

The black scorpion is a great belt, should last you a long time.

6-23 is a knock down match at CJ, great match and no holster needed.

7-1 is steel challenge at CJ.

C.J.? Where is that?