MidwestPX

We're working on a solution...

We've been working on a cost-effective and efficient process to jailbreak our limited-capacity magazines and it looks like we've got it mostly-figured out.  We're confident enough in the process to start working on inventory from our dealers.  We're going to use those mags to refine the process and assuming we don't encounter any showstoppers, we'll be offering a service to all who are interested in having their magazines altered further. 

As of now, our process destroys at least one part of the magazine, sometimes two, and on the odd occasion during testing, the entire magazine.  Additionally, our process is currently limited to the following host magazines: 30rd M2, 20rd M3, 30rd M3.  At this time, we do NOT have a clear path to altering AK47 or .308 PMAGs without resorting to the use of Ranger Plates (which will drive costs higher).

Speaking of cost, we are targeting the cost per magazine to be substantially less than buying new.  Please be patient with us as we work through the process as we've never had to do something like this before on such a scale.  I know the clock is ticking on the 180 day grace period and our first large batches of inventory coming back from dealers shows up early next week. 

• Like 8

6 hours ago, MidwestPX said:

We've been working on a cost-effective and efficient process to jailbreak our limited-capacity magazines and it looks like we've got it mostly-figured out.  We're confident enough in the process to start working on inventory from our dealers.  We're going to use those mags to refine the process and assuming we don't encounter any showstoppers, we'll be offering a service to all who are interested in having their magazines altered further. 

As of now, our process destroys at least one part of the magazine, sometimes two, and on the odd occasion during testing, the entire magazine.  Additionally, our process is currently limited to the following host magazines: 30rd M2, 20rd M3, 30rd M3.  At this time, we do NOT have a clear path to altering AK47 or .308 PMAGs without resorting to the use of Ranger Plates (which will drive costs higher).

Speaking of cost, we are targeting the cost per magazine to be substantially less than buying new.  Please be patient with us as we work through the process as we've never had to do something like this before on such a scale.  I know the clock is ticking on the 180 day grace period and our first large batches of inventory coming back from dealers shows up early next week. 

Ty,

are you talking about the magazines that @PK90 made up for all of us?

12 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Ty,

are you talking about the magazines that @PK90 made up for all of us?

Dude... MidwestPX mags - sold by MidwestPX, the forum store, and some sent to our vendors and some other online retailers (like JoeBobOutfitters).

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Dude... MidwestPX mags - sold by MidwestPX, the forum store, and some sent to our vendors and some other online retailers (like JoeBobOutfitters).

Nick,

I thought, (I don't know why) that many of the 15/30 Pmags were made up by Paul. I guess I was wrong.  Either way I'm not in a rush to do anything with my 15s just yet!

1 hour ago, Krdshrk said:

Yep, we'd be working strictly on mags we made, either sold directly by us or one of our dealers.

• Like 1

Good news: the process works/is working and we're improving it as we work through dealer inventory.  I think we've figured out how to avoid breaking the mag body too.

Less-good news: We need more baseplates.  Thankfully, Magpul does plan on releasing just baseplates for the M3 PMAGs (both AR15 and .308) as well as AK baseplates.  They'll be sand colored but we'll Rit Dye them black in bulk.  We will NOT be doing any other colors at this time as we are streamlining the process as much as possible to control costs.

And now for cost.  Base cost to work on an AR15 PMAG is going to be $8/mag which is about a third of the cost of buying a new mag.  AKs and .308s will cost a little more than AR15 mags due to material cost differences.  Ranger plates will be an available upgrade for all mags.  We'll start accepting orders once baseplates are available.

• Like 3

On 6/19/2018 at 9:47 AM, MidwestPX said:

Good news: the process works/is working and we're improving it as we work through dealer inventory.  I think we've figured out how to avoid breaking the mag body too.

Less-good news: We need more baseplates.  Thankfully, Magpul does plan on releasing just baseplates for the M3 PMAGs (both AR15 and .308) as well as AK baseplates.  They'll be sand colored but we'll Rit Dye them black in bulk.  We will NOT be doing any other colors at this time as we are streamlining the process as much as possible to control costs.

And now for cost.  Base cost to work on an AR15 PMAG is going to be $8/mag which is about a third of the cost of buying a new mag.  AKs and .308s will cost a little more than AR15 mags due to material cost differences.  Ranger plates will be an available upgrade for all mags.  We'll start accepting orders once baseplates are available.

Let us know.

Now that we have chewed our way through all of the dealer magazines, we will be opening orders for retail magazines next week.  At this time, we will be working on Gen 2 30rd, Gen 3 20rd, and Gen 3 30rd host body magazines.  We have plans to work on others but considering these three models account for the overwhelming majority of magazines sold, we prioritized getting the process ironed out for these first while we check to see if it works with the other platforms as well as source more baseplates.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MidwestPX said:

Now that we have chewed our way through all of the dealer magazines, we will be opening orders for retail magazines next week.  At this time, we will be working on Gen 2 30rd, Gen 3 20rd, and Gen 3 30rd host body magazines.  We have plans to work on others but considering these three models account for the overwhelming majority of magazines sold, we prioritized getting the process ironed out for these first while we check to see if it works with the other platforms as well as source more baseplates.

Thank you my friend! But feel strong to very strong your R n D will be for naught 

• Like 1

Just now, Zeke said:

Thank you my friend! But feel strong to very strong your R n D will be for naught 

If no one uses it because the law was overturned in court or otherwise, more power to us as whole.  We're all gun owners and we're all in this together.

• Like 5

And yes, if you bought your magazines from our dealers, we'll service those too.  If you have any questions about whether or not the mags in your possession were made by us, please email [email protected] with pictures of your mags.  When sending photos, please include a picture of the whole magazine as well as a picture of the underside of the baseplate, and the sides of the baseplate. 

10 minutes ago, MidwestPX said:

If no one uses it because the law was overturned in court or otherwise, more power to us as whole.  We're all gun owners and we're all in this together.

I luv you! And I’m pretty sure that makes you feel uncomfortable. Sorry, not sorry 

• Like 1