Sign in to follow this  
capt14k

My Condolences to Those who moved to Florida

9 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Looks like the gun confiscation has begun and not even law enforcement is safe.

https://www.uslawshield.com/gun-confiscation-in-full-swing-in-florida/

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Well, right now, it seems to be confined to Broward County, where I would expect it to be exploited there.  And, as the article says, there are some legal challenges to the law, which I'm sure Florida Carry (our equivalent of ANJRPC) are pursuing vigorously.

Well, right now, it seems to be confined to Broward County, where I would expect it to be exploited there.  And, as the article says, there are some legal challenges to the law, which I'm sure Florida Carry (our equivalent of ANJRPC) are pursuing vigorously.

I hope so. States like Florida and California and even NJ would certainly benefit being split into 2. NJ we would have to draw a diagonal line South to North West to East from Camden to New Brunswick. Putting Mercer, Middlesex, and parts of Burlington and Camden Counties in the Communist North. California and Florida it would be the Communist South.

4 minutes ago, capt14k said:

I hope so. States like Florida and California and even NJ would certainly benefit being split into 2. NJ we would have to draw a diagonal line South to North West to East from Camden to New Brunswick. Putting Mercer, Middlesex, and parts of Burlington and Camden Counties in the Communist North. California and Florida it would be the Communist South.

Unfortunately, that wouldn't work too well, here.  While most of the "blue" part of the state is in the south, there are some parts of it up north (Orlando, part of Tampa Bay, Tallahassee, Jacksonville, etc. etc.).   You'd have to "gerrymander" something to make it reasonable, but...  :dontknow:

good. and by that, i'm meaning the "even law enforcement isn't safe". you all know i respect the hell out of our leo's.....but they should be held to the same(or possibly higher) standards as the rest of us. 1 set of laws for all of us

• Like 4

Unfortunately, that wouldn't work too well, here.  While most of the "blue" part of the state is in the south, there are some parts of it up north (Orlando, part of Tampa Bay, Tallahassee, Jacksonville, etc. etc.).   You'd have to "gerrymander" something to make it reasonable, but...  :dontknow:
Draw the line North of Orlando

No condolences needed. I can carry any gun in a car without any permit needed.  I can carry any weapon concealed, not just a gun, without proving a need. I can use 100 round magazines or moe in any weapon allowed by the Federal Government. I can use any ammo I like in my guns. I can keep my guns loaded in my car read to use. I do not need any FID or permit to buy any firearm. We do not register guns around here. I can walk around with a knife on my belt and am legal as long as it is visible. I can carry a switchblade or any other knife but ballistic, concealed.

So we lost a little due to a Governor running for the Senate that affects very few people. How you doing? :)

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Draw the line North of Orlando

Well, what we are doing is making the dividing line I-4, but with that little hump around Orange County that includes Orlando. Since my county is north of Hillsborough (and I-4), I should be good. :D  Actually, our Sheriff is very pro-2A anyway.  It's the Hillsborough and Pinellas County Sheriffs that aren't)... :mad:  And there's still Tallahassee and Jacksonville to deal with as well.

18 minutes ago, Old Dog said:

No condolences needed. I can carry any gun in a car without any permit needed.  I can carry any weapon concealed, not just a gun, without proving a need. I can use 100 round magazines or moe in any weapon allowed by the Federal Government. I can use any ammo I like in my guns. I can keep my guns loaded in my car read to use. I do not need any FID or permit to buy any firearm. We do not register guns around here. I can walk around with a knife on my belt and am legal as long as it is visible. I can carry a switchblade or any other knife but ballistic, concealed.

So we lost a little due to a Governor running for the Senate that affects very few people. How you doing? :)

That's how it starts. And I'm guessing it doesn't affect you.

We'll talk in 20 years

• Like 1

We'll talk in 20 years

Exactly. Florida is nearly lost. Ask people in Tennessee, Georgia, or Alabama what they think of Florida’s new laws and the way things are heading. No sense in escaping the frying pan to jump into the fire.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, SW9racer said:

I thought Jacksonville is conservative 

http://www.jacksonville.com/breaking-news/2014-09-08/story/jacksonville-stands-apart-most-conservative-large-city-america

There are other more recent articles on the same

The surrounding areas, perhaps (Nassau County, Clay County, Baker County, etc), but Duval County./City of Jacksonville itself, not so much.  Heavy population of "Free stuff" folks, and the politicians that make it happen.

On May 25, 2018, the Broward County Sheriff’ Department sought an order against a Broward County Sheriff’s bailiff, Franklin Pinter, a civilian employee of the department for 26 years. In a hearing held without Pinter’s knowledge that same day, the judge found Pinter to be a threat and issued the emergency restraining order, allowing the Broward County Sheriff’s Deputies to seize 67 firearms, ammunition, and Pinter’s concealed weapons license from the home of Pinter.

The evidence presented in affidavit form against Pinter included statements that earlier in the month, one bailiff alleged that while delivering documents to Pinter’s courtroom, Pinter told him the defendants weren’t there and that he should “get the f— out of here” and “All you rats should be exterminated.”

The affidavit also included an incident that occurred six months ago, in which Pinter was allegedly seen on the fifth floor of the courthouse, leaning over the atrium and pretending to hold a long gun and shoot at people.

That was enough for the judge to consider Pinter to be of such a threat that his constitutional right to bear arms should be infringed, at least temporarily.

On June 11, a hearing will be held and Pinter will be allowed to provide evidence to refute the claims asserted against him. The court will then determine whether a final risk protection order should be issued for Pinter, extending the protective order for one year. If he is deemed innocent, he must petition the court to regain possession of his confiscated firearms.

I'd be surprised it they wouldn't do the same thing here.

So, what happened at the June 11 hearing?

7 hours ago, EX Carnival man said:

Just got back from Florida on Tuesday.  Our house is nearly done. about 8 weeks left.  NO WAY can you compare Florida to NJ when it comes to gun laws.  Just visit ANY gun store/ Range in the state and see for yourself. 

Yes, right now.  But that can all change with the stroke of a pen, assuming the wrong person gets elected Gov. as you have just seen.  We'll see. Maybe also if the wrong people get elected to the legislature as well.  2018 is our year to elect a new Gov. and update the legislatures.  We also have a US Senator to elect. The GOP front runner for the Senate position is our current Gov., Rick Scott, who signed those recent gun control bills into law (now we know why).  But, considering his opponent will be Bill Nelson - D (incumbent), we may have to hold our nose and vote Scott in (I know many a Floridian that doesn't want to do that, but...).   

Very unstable times for us here in FL.  We have to hope that all the pro2A folks come out and vote, especially in the primaries to set up the right candidates for the general election!  If we want to get the RINOs out, the primary is the time to do it. When it's time to vote in the general, we have to ensure the GOP party stays in control, or we'll be truly screwed.

15 hours ago, SW9racer said:

I thought Jacksonville is conservative 

http://www.jacksonville.com/breaking-news/2014-09-08/story/jacksonville-stands-apart-most-conservative-large-city-america

There are other more recent articles on the same

as dumb as it's gonna sound......while the article says jacksonville leans conservative........they say it's 18%. yet.....by their numbers, many in the list are more so.

Yes, right now.  But that can all change with the stroke of a pen, assuming the wrong person gets elected Gov. as you have just seen.  We'll see. Maybe also if the wrong people get elected to the legislature as well.  2018 is our year to elect a new Gov. and update the legislatures.  We also have a US Senator to elect. The GOP front runner for the Senate position is our current Gov., Rick Scott, who signed those recent gun control bills into law (now we know why).  But, considering his opponent will be Bill Nelson - D (incumbent), we may have to hold our nose and vote Scott in (I know many a Floridian that doesn't want to do that, but...).   

Very unstable times for us here in FL.  We have to hope that all the pro2A folks come out and vote, especially in the primaries to set up the right candidates for the general election!  If we want to get the RINOs out, the primary is the time to do it. When it's time to vote in the general, we have to ensure the GOP party stays in control, or we'll be truly screwed.

I am glad to read your post and see that you get it. Others attitudes it seems is "its better than NJ.". For now it is, but that complacency is what will turn Florida into NJ.

There is a running thread about this on the Florida Conceal carry forum. Its worth reading. Some feel NJ isn't even part of the United States. I have to agree.  Even some republicans sold us out and voted for  the new gun laws.  NJ is done. If you own firearms  its like being a Jew in Germany in the 1930's get out while you still can.   http://www.floridaconcealedcarry.com/Forum/showthread.php?123642-Governor-signs-6-gun-control-measures-in-New-Jersey

There is a running thread about this on the Florida Conceal carry forum. Its worth reading. Some feel NJ isn't even part of the United States. I have to agree.  Even some republicans sold us out and voted for  the new gun laws.  NJ is done. If you own firearms  its like being a Jew in Germany in the 1930's get out while you still can.   http://www.floridaconcealedcarry.com/Forum/showthread.php?123642-Governor-signs-6-gun-control-measures-in-New-Jersey

I agree with you about NJ, but I don't agree Florida is safe and I'm not so sure it won't be just as bad as NJ in the next decade.

21 hours ago, WP22 said:

We'll talk in 20 years

I will be dead in 20 years. :) Although I think it inevitable that civilians will not own guns in the future, NJ will be one of the first to fall due to the makeup of their population and proximity to NYC. That is why I moved. I am like someone who knows a flood is coming so I keep moving to higher ground to delay the inevitable flood. I hope this will never happen but I am intelligent enough to know that life does not revolve around guns or single issues in electing officials. 

How many of you have needed to shoot anyone as a civilian? That is how low down the chain of importance owning guns are to most people. Nice to have just in case but not the most important thing in their life. If it were, none of you would still be living in NJ. There are far greater social issues to be tackled in the future and as long as the biased media keeps reporting mass shootings so that the population thinks there is mass slaughter happening every day, we are in for a fight and NJ is already down for the count while those of us in other States have just taken the first punch. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Dog said:

I will be dead in 20 years. :) Although I think it inevitable that civilians will not own guns in the future, NJ will be one of the first to fall due to the makeup of their population and proximity to NYC. That is why I moved. I am like someone who knows a flood is coming so I keep moving to higher ground to delay the inevitable flood. I hope this will never happen but I am intelligent enough to know that life does not revolve around guns or single issues in electing officials. 

How many of you have needed to shoot anyone as a civilian? That is how low down the chain of importance owning guns are to most people. Nice to have just in case but not the most important thing in their life. If it were, none of you would still be living in NJ. There are far greater social issues to be tackled in the future and as long as the biased media keeps reporting mass shootings so that the population thinks there is mass slaughter happening every day, we are in for a fight and NJ is already down for the count while those of us in other States have just taken the first punch. 

I feel I have around 30 years left. If we can hold Florida for that long that would be great. I remember buying my first firearm back in 1981. The gun shops/ Ranges in NJ looked a lot like they do today in Florida.  Even Back than NJ didn't have gun shows.  Florida still does.   IMO we lost NJ when Christine  Whitman was elected.   The only hope we have in New Jersey is an act of God from the United States supreme court.  Even the future of LEOSA isn't safe here.  If NJ can ignore  federal Immigration laws no federal law is safe. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, 70gto said:

It never ends. I got to hand it to them they have one thing we dont, which is unrelenting persistance, sad but true

That, and the MSM.   If we could, somehow, just get some equally competitive resources to fight the lies and propaganda spewed by them, we might have a change to convert the sheeples. 

I will be dead in 20 years. [emoji4] Although I think it inevitable that civilians will not own guns in the future, NJ will be one of the first to fall due to the makeup of their population and proximity to NYC. That is why I moved. I am like someone who knows a flood is coming so I keep moving to higher ground to delay the inevitable flood. I hope this will never happen but I am intelligent enough to know that life does not revolve around guns or single issues in electing officials. 

I completely disagree. If Hillary won I would feel different and likely be looking into moving to Czech Republic or Finland. Since Hillary lost SCOTUS will rule many laws Unconstitutional as they should be. Gun ownership will never go away in Free America without SCOTUS with SCOTUS Gun ownership will be safe in all of America. However those in semi free states like Florida need to not be complacent and not count on SCOTUS. In NJ we have no other choice.

I feel I have around 30 years left. If we can hold Florida for that long that would be great. I remember buying my first firearm back in 1981. The gun shops/ Ranges in NJ looked a lot like they do today in Florida.  Even Back than NJ didn't have gun shows.  Florida still does.   IMO we lost NJ when Christine  Whitman was elected.   The only hope we have in New Jersey is an act of God from the United States supreme court.  Even the future of LEOSA isn't safe here.  If NJ can ignore  federal Immigration laws no federal law is safe. 
You nailed it. When Whitman was Governor GOP controlled everything. Yet we lost gun rights in NJ. Where was NRA and ANJRPC then? Where were the lawsuits at that time?

• Like 1

The only way i believe is grassroots, start in your own 4 walls and educate the educatable, until a truly organized game plan is brought forward. Court cases are important now. If the average tax payer only knew the amount of money wasted to defend ridiculous laws in court that would raise an eyebrow.

Example when my child was having a serious but preventable harassment problem in school by a teacher. I let it be known if this doesn't stop I will legally go after the school board but more importantly start naming individuals in a potential lawsuit did things turn around. meaning nobody cares if you go after an entity like the board of education because of school money for a defense, but when you go after an individual its coming out of their own pocket. 

1 hour ago, EX Carnival man said:

I feel I have around 30 years left. If we can hold Florida for that long that would be great. I remember buying my first firearm back in 1981. The gun shops/ Ranges in NJ looked a lot like they do today in Florida.  Even Back than NJ didn't have gun shows.  Florida still does. 

Not only that, but there are even billboard ads for them on the Interstates... :o

I'd love to have Florida for another 30 years, which, hopefully, would cover the rest of my life.  That said, no matter how much time either I or Florida have left, I still have loved ones (a niece and nephew) that will be around a lot longer than me (hopefully). I have to think about them and what they'll do. i also have to think about who will be inheriting my "inventory..."  where they live, and the restrictions with which they'll have to deal.  It may be that I have to just simply sell my inventory (if possible) if I can't bequeath them to any loved one. And I'll have to make sure I do that while I still have "control" of myself (i.e. no "neurological" issues, etc.). 

Still, I'm not sure we'll have even 10-20 years of freedom in FL, let alone 30. If it's to happen at all, I think it's going to happen a lot sooner than that. 

The only way i believe is grassroots, start in your own 4 walls and educate the educatable, until a truly organized game plan is brought forward. Court cases are important now. If the average tax payer only knew the amount of money wasted to defend ridiculous laws in court that would raise an eyebrow.
Example when my child was having a serious but preventable harassment problem in school by a teacher. I let it be known if this doesn't stop I will legally go after the school board but more importantly start naming individuals in a potential lawsuit did things turn around. meaning nobody cares if you go after an entity like the board of education because of school money for a defense, but when you go after an individual its coming out of their own pocket. 
That is why I believe lawsuits should be filed personally against anyone who has infringed on anyone else's 2A Rights. The police departments that take 6 months to process subsequent handgun permits sue the department, the chief, and the firearms officer.

For those who want to reply that can't be done NJ courts already ruled it's ok to go past 30 days you are wrong. NJ courts ruled FPID is ok to go past 30 days. They never ruled on subsequent pistol permits.