JMich3

Setting up gun belt for steel Challenge

I’m pretty knee to shooting but I’m excited to start some competition shooting. I have a belt, holster and mag holders on the way. I have a few questions about set up.

First, i read somewhere that the holster and mag holders need to be behind the line of your hip. Is that true? 

Secondly is a 2 inch drop /offset legal for production level steel Challenge? I thought i read somewhere that a drop wasn’t allowed.

Thanks in advance for any input you guys can give me!

Check out the USPSA rule book https://uspsa.org/viewer/Feb_2014_Handgun_Rules.pdf

I think production Its appendix D 4 or 5, can't remember off the top of my head witch one is production. 

To answer your questions yes the holster and pouches need to be at or behind the hip bones and a maximum of 2" from the inside of the belt and for the gun the back strap can't be lower than the top of the belt. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NJSigfan said:

So what kind of goodies did you get?

I bought the Black Scopion Belt, i went with a Blade Tech Holster ( Need to order the drop offset ) .  For mag holders , a guy i work with swears by these off brand ones he got off EBay. They were cheap enough that i ordered 2 to check them out. If the are crap then I’ll probably bight the bullet and get the Safariland. If they look good I’ll order 3 more

I’m just starting out myself so by no means am I an expert. But after researching I went with Safariland brand belt, holster and this holster hanger.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1016613589/safariland-uspsa-kit-adjustable-hanger-for-5198-holsters

Haven’t used it in competition yet but holster drawing at home using my itarget setup I’ve found it very comfortable and was able to easily adjust position to where I like it.

• Like 1