07002er

RTSP in Union, NJ

Spoke to a Union cop while I was at a Cigar Event at Barrister Cigars.

They're very optimistic about it - they're putting a lot of money into the place and even putting in another building.  They do keep leaving the building site open though - lots of calls about stolen tools...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sota said:

May they not have a critter control problem.

6 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

They're very optimistic about it - they're putting a lot of money into the place and even putting in another building.  They do keep leaving the building site open though - lots of calls about stolen tools...

*sigh*

shop's not even open and already my wish hasn't come true.

18 hours ago, sota said:

Near the Harbor Freight it looks like. The building behind the sign in the image, is the Union Plaza Diner.  Zoom in on the map image above, and said diner will show up on the map.

Where exactly is the range located?  That's a longbranch map. Rt36

1 hour ago, Scorpio64 said:

Where exactly is the range located?  That's a longbranch map. Rt36

The link must be translating something weird from your personal info, as the pic still showed rt.22 for me.

eta: google fucking sucks.

On 6/18/2018 at 0:53 AM, Krdshrk said:

Union PD already has a private outdoor range a block away behind the Home Depot, but good to see they're excited anyway. 

• Like 3

On 6/19/2018 at 10:50 AM, mossburger said:

Union PD already has a private outdoor range a block away behind the Home Depot, but good to see they're excited anyway. 

Funny story, I was in target one day and I swore I heard shots coming from a range.  I literally drove around for a half hour looking for it :p

This is exciting, but make sure you travel properly.  I can envision a lot of pull overs around that area, there already are.

Update.

Stopped in over the weekend, they had a canopy out in the parking lot, say they will open in November.

They are DIRECTLY behind the Harbor Freight on .22, by the car wash.

Buddy of mine says his son-in-blue applied for job. Probably will get it, as I suspect they would be happy to have LEOs working there.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2018 at 8:17 PM, hartsfw said:

So looking forward to this opening. I might even get a job there so I might see some of you lovely people there! :D

I don't know what part of SO.Orange you are in, but I doubt it would take you more than 20 minutes travel time if you manage to avoid commuter traffic times. Otherwise, double it!:rolleyes:

Patrolling 22 was always a nightmare, traffic constantly drivers weaving in and out like the indiannapolis 500, from right lane cutting all the the way over to left, newbies to that area be careful of drivers not paying attention, at least 5 accidents every shift on the u turns.

• Like 1