07002er

RTSP in Union, NJ

4 minutes ago, 70gto said:

Patrolling 22 was always a nightmare, traffic constantly drivers weaving in and out like the Indianapolis 500, from right lane cutting all the the way over to left, newbies to that area be careful of drivers not paying attention, at least 5 accidents every shift on the u turns.

yea so? that's how you gotta drive there! :D
from autoland to the flagship store, you drive like it's a real life mario kart race.

just like in NYC you gotta let your inner asshole out just to survive that place most of the time.

• Like 3

you 

13 minutes ago, sota said:

yea so? that's how you gotta drive there! :D
from autoland to the flagship store, you drive like it's a real life mario kart race.

just like in NYC you gotta let your inner asshole out just to survive that place most of the time.

you gut that right. its an experience

• Like 1

I worked at Flagship 1971 when it was a furniture store! Union drive-in was open. Drag races on 22 when the trains came across & closed the highway! Moved out in 1979. Adios!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

The only issue, and this is probably for me and people like @07002er is the traffic on 22 sucks during the afternoon.  Especially on weekends and during the holiday seasons.

You nailed it, all right. 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. it gets to be a PIA. Especially westbound. As someone else mentioned, from the flagship on down, but it often backs up to the Parkway overpass.

I have to travel on it almost every day. Sometimes I wish I were driving a demolition derby car.

Or put big fat tires along the perimeter like some boats do for bumpers.

10 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

The only issue, and this is probably for me and people like @07002er is the traffic on 22 sucks during the afternoon.  Especially on weekends and during the holiday seasons.

Sorry brother...I moved from Bayonne several years ago ;-) But the truth is, getting to this place will be easy as I live right up the street; getting back home will be a PITA because I'll have to do the u-turn thing on 22. The absolute worse stretch of that God-forsaken road is pretty much right where that range is.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, 07002er said:

Sorry brother...I moved from Bayonne several years ago ;-) But the truth is, getting to this place will be easy as I live right up the street; getting back home will be a PITA because I'll have to do the u-turn thing on 22. The absolute worse stretch of that God-forsaken road is pretty much right where that range is.

Born and raised?