capt14k

I have more respect for NASCAR

8 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Does every NASCAR race start with a prayer to Jesus like the Iowa 250? If so I may have to learn to like it.

Yes, they all have a prayer before the national anthem, but sometimes the TV network doesn't show it.

3 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

Also notice, no one was kneeling on pit road during the National Anthem, like with another sport left un-named.

Ha! For some reason I don't that would go over well lol

99% of the time they show the prayer and the anthem, for all 3 series, NASCAR, Xfinity, and the truck series. Also for the most part the singer never butchers the anthem. Never saw anyone kneel and very rarely see anyone wearing a hat during the anthem.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

Never saw anyone kneel and very rarely see anyone wearing a hat during the anthem.

Actually, I've always felt that it was a very impressive sight to see all the teams and officials lined up on pit road for opening ceremonies and the National Anthem. What other sport do you see that large of group?

x3nn8zu2punz.jpg

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

Actually, I've always felt that it was a very impressive sight to see all the teams and officials lined up on pit road for opening ceremonies and the National Anthem. What other sport do you see that large of group?

x3nn8zu2punz.jpg

Agreed 

• Like 1

Even in the stands, if your not on your feet or if you have a hat on your head during the national anthem someone will surely let you know about it.  

On a side note, I was at Dover raceway a month or so ago and they must have confiscated thousands of pocket knives. I wonder what they do with them? 

1 hour ago, JMich3 said:

Even in the stands, if your not on your feet or if you have a hat on your head during the national anthem someone will surely let you know about it.  

On a side note, I was at Dover raceway a month or so ago and they must have confiscated thousands of pocket knives. I wonder what they do with them? 

wait? you can't carry a pocket knife into a race anymore? the last time i was at any of them, there were no searches......

10 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

wait? you can't carry a pocket knife into a race anymore? the last time i was at any of them, there were no searches......

At Dover they were confiscating knives at an unbelievable rate. In the minutes it took me to get through the checkpoint they must have pulled about 50 knives 

47 minutes ago, JMich3 said:

At Dover they were confiscating knives at an unbelievable rate. In the minutes it took me to get through the checkpoint they must have pulled about 50 knives 

jeeze. they're going nutty with this shit............how many stabbings have there ever been at nascar events?

1 hour ago, 67gtonut said:

I felt safe at every racetrack.... except Talladega....

what made ya feel safe or not safe? i never ever felt anything other than safe at any of the tracks i went to. and there were no security checkpoints, they didn't take our knives, etc......

20 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

what made ya feel safe or not safe? i never ever felt anything other than safe at any of the tracks i went to. and there were no security checkpoints, they didn't take our knives, etc......

That’s weird, Dover , for at least the last 2 years has been confiscating knives. 

I haven’t watched a race at all this season since Fox debuted their horrendous new tv coverage, but I’ve been a fan since the late 90’s and have always liked and respected the way they handle pre race ceramonies and the mentality of team owners, drivers, and fans being patriotic. Loved when Richard Childress said anyone who doesn’t stand for the anthem should be out of the country. And that he won’t tolerate anyone on his team doing it. Much respect to him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 67gtonut said:

Way too much drinking...

Way to much anger because your driver did not win....

Fist fights, bottle throwing....

and that was just the pit crews...

I remember being at Dover one year and there was a dude sitting next to me that passed out even before the green flagged waved. I said to myself "why even come to the race??".

• Like 1

I was there 2 years  ago and a drunk dude ran past security and climbed the fence the overhangs the track. He was siting with one leg dangling over the edge of the fence as cars flew under him at 100+ miles an hour. They didn’t even call a caution

9BE13E3F-1F77-4FF1-9825-0244D7C7257B.png