Howard

Made it too FL, but not a good welcome

19 hours ago, SW9racer said:

From the yulee office. Everything was done on the spot, even the electronic fingerprinting. You can also get a turtle license plate while you wait

I wouldn't use the Tax Collector office for certain things like CWFL renewals. Remember, they're the "Tax Collector," after all. :o If you have a tax dispute with them.... :dontknow:  I used it only to get my new FL Driver License upon arrival in FL, and to transfer the title of my car, but that's about it.  Now I can do those renewals on-line directly to the State office.   And the DOACS regional office is close enough for me to do that and walk out with the license in hand.

1 hour ago, HBecwithFn7 said:

I wouldn't use the Tax Collector office for certain things like CWFL renewals. Remember, they're the "Tax Collector," after all. :o If you have a tax dispute with them.... :dontknow:  I used it only to get my new FL Driver License upon arrival in FL, and to transfer the title of my car, but that's about it.  Now I can do those renewals on-line directly to the State office.   And the DOACS regional office is close enough for me to do that and walk out with the license in hand.

You need to get that nj paranoia checked!  You are in America now.  All of the woman at the tax office were chatting away with my wife on what and how they carry.  They were in total disbelief about how nj is. 

Unless you didn’t pay your ridiculously low property tax on time, even then I don’t think there are any penalties, however my county offers a discount for paying early. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2018 at 10:07 AM, SW9racer said:

You need to get that nj paranoia checked!  You are in America now.  All of the woman at the tax office were chatting away with my wife on what and how they carry.  They were in total disbelief about how nj is. 

Unless you didn’t pay your ridiculously low property tax on time, even then I don’t think there are any penalties, however my county offers a discount for paying early. 

We’re both in Nassau and I did all my DMV and CWL at the office on License Rd and they were great. 

I know the early pay discount and I’m not sure there are any penalties for late payment either.  I always take the discount.