Jump to content
JerseyJim

Reloaderz NJ finally making progress

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Right. Because the economics are identical across the state. 

love stupid posts like this.  No offense but I've forgotten more from teaching econ and finance in the graduate business schools at NYU and Rutgers than I care to remember but pretty sure variables are NOT that prohibitive from regional perspectives like this in NJ

No one will dispute that micro differences in regional areas of said market exist however, no where is it so prohibitive that the model needs to one vs the other unless the capital model used mandates it (less money up front, investor payout, expected sales to usage per sq/ft etc etc).  Now a smart person would realize that timing is a more important variable here than the actual micro differences in regional locale from say Jackson to Monmouth Cnty as the big wammiee here is the up front costs as WE ALL KNOW THE FIXED COSTS ARE NADA.   ah I digress

Of note, most business that employ this model need massive foot traffic to survive and evidence it's not working is in the pricing model.  No this is not the same as Costco or BJs

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, myhatinthering said:

love stupid posts like this.  No offense but I've forgotten more from teaching econ and finance in the graduate business schools at NYU and Rutgers than I care to remember

Apparently you aced the class on Internet Douchebaggery too. 

Look, I don’t know this market.  You may be right that the differences between different locations is small compared to their costs.  Maybe they aren’t.   Certainly I’d expect just the real estate and construction costs alone to be a huge factor and those vary by location. 

But whatever.  If they don’t and their cost structure is mainly greed-driven then this place will suffer and ultimately fold. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure I get the blood in the water for the last few posts, but places like guns for hire do rely volume and special classes vs. the weekend walk in's like many of us on here. I'm not a GFH member, but a while back out of state guys were renting and a box of Remington 9mm was - $27 (where it's normally $10). Their model is to get a one-timers and out of town visitors in at high fees. 

Longshots has probably the best membership deal, since if you sign up for a year you can go in on weekends between 8-10 and get a port at no charge - that means if you go twice a month for a year you're in the black.

I think this new place has two disadvantages - GFH is literally 5 minutes closer to NYC and you have to pass by it to get to Reloaderz, and they are near this kinda awkward u-turn if you're on 23 North. I'd rather pay the $30 once every few months and keep my Cherry Ridge membership for most shooting. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not sure I get the blood in the water for the last few posts, but places like guns for hire do rely volume and special classes vs. the weekend walk in's like many of us on here. I'm not a GFH member, but a while back out of state guys were renting and a box of Remington 9mm was - $27 (where it's normally $10). Their model is to get a one-timers and out of town visitors in at high fees. 

Longshots has probably the best membership deal, since if you sign up for a year you can go in on weekends between 8-10 and get a port at no charge - that means if you go twice a month for a year you're in the black.

I think this new place has two disadvantages - GFH is literally 5 minutes closer to NYC and you have to pass by it to get to Reloaderz, and they are near this kinda awkward u-turn if you're on 23 North. I'd rather pay the $30 once every few months and keep my Cherry Ridge membership for most shooting. 

Well GFH doesn't look to be in too good of shape so their timing maybe perfect.

 

As for the cheaper Monmouth and Middlesex deals we do need to admit CJRPC is a non profit. However UHGC manages to do it for $400 a year no other fees 24/7. I was debating whether to renew UHGC and this post made my decision for me. If you guys are paying $400 + range time it is a steal comparatively.

 

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading all of this BS & supposition is ALMOST entertaining.

Luxury Ranges provide an EXPERIENCE.  They charge what the market will bear, as they should.

Comparing an indoor luxury range with freezin' your stones off outside is just plain stupid.  Different as apples & oranges.  Some folks drive Chevy's & some drive Audi's, Beamer's, Benz, Land Rover, Maserati.  The amenities & price point match the demographics.  North Jersey is loaded with NYC commuters that make six figure salaries.  Folks that drop between $1,500 - $3,000 per month just in property taxes.  Folks that spend $5 - $10K on a bicycle.  Own horses & pay stable fees.  Own a beach house too.  It's all about perspective & disposable income.

Put simply, none of us "Cheapsters" are going to invest $2,500 for a VIP membership.  That also means we won't be sipping FREE coffee & having FREE snacks with rock stars & the like.

Everybody needs to concentrate on bringing more kids & women to the range, instead of pissin' & moanin' about who gets what for a range fee!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

Reading all of this BS & supposition is ALMOST entertaining.

Luxury Ranges provide an EXPERIENCE.  They charge what the market will bear, as they should.

Comparing an indoor luxury range with freezin' your stones off outside is just plain stupid.  Different as apples & oranges.  Some folks drive Chevy's & some drive Audi's, Beamer's, Benz, Land Rover, Maserati.  The amenities & price point match the demographics.  North Jersey is loaded with NYC commuters that make six figure salaries.  Folks that drop between $1,500 - $3,000 per month just in property taxes.  Folks that spend $5 - $10K on a bicycle.  Own horses & pay stable fees.  Own a beach house too.  It's all about perspective & disposable income.

Put simply, none of us "Cheapsters" are going to invest $2,500 for a VIP membership.  That also means we won't be sipping FREE coffee & having FREE snacks with rock stars & the like.

Everybody needs to concentrate on bringing more kids & women to the range, instead of pissin' & moanin' about who gets what for a range fee!

LOL...

Just because you can, does not mean you should.

There are only so many Yuppies around who can pay for those membership fees... and I would assume, MOST of those guys already have a membership at GFH or RTSP, or at one of the private ranges.

Keep in mind, the economy has been terrific and there was great focus on shooting in NJ.  What happens when it turns?

As far as the experience?  All of these ranges are nice, but they are still ranges... I have not seen happy endings provided in any of the VIP lounges yet to justify the "VIP" treatment. 

But yes, being privy to some of the financials behind here..., the majority of the success has been in good times, brand new shooters for whom a $200 day at the range once every few months is an "Experience."

But... instead of "cheapsters" I would say experienced gun guys.  There is plenty of wealthy people with Cherry Ridge, Old Bridge and CJRPC memberships who can use a calculator.  More than that... it is about safety... notice how you generally don't have as many shooting accidents at a private gun club versus a public range?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

Everybody needs to concentrate on bringing more kids & women to the range, instead of pissin' & moanin' about who gets what for a range fee!

 

3 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Spot on!

Yes... and who do you think does a more effective service?  Paying $300 to take your kids shooting at a range (rentals, walk ons, etc.)  OR  Like we did at the clay shoot?  Or the Kids shoot free or women's day events that private clubs hold?

Just recently here at a local range they did a kids fishing, hunting and shooting day.  Bussed in kids and everyone pitched in.

Charging high range fees or catering to "yuppies" does very little to create long term gun owners.

Catering to those willing to pay for the "experience" also does little.

The most active people in the gun rights community are those that are involved and belong to organizations... such as yours.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lakota said:

Thats why I prefer RTSP. 

I prefer not to have unfriendly if not outright hostile RO's walking around in plate carriers with two guns at the ready (clearly to shoot me with), one on their belt and the other attached to the front of their plate carriers. Each to their own I guess!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Maksim said:

LOL...

Just because you can, does not mean you should.

There are only so many Yuppies around who can pay for those membership fees... and I would assume, MOST of those guys already have a membership at GFH or RTSP, or at one of the private ranges.

Keep in mind, the economy has been terrific and there was great focus on shooting in NJ.  What happens when it turns?

As far as the experience?  All of these ranges are nice, but they are still ranges... I have not seen happy endings provided in any of the VIP lounges yet to justify the "VIP" treatment. 

But yes, being privy to some of the financials behind here..., the majority of the success has been in good times, brand new shooters for whom a $200 day at the range once every few months is an "Experience."

But... instead of "cheapsters" I would say experienced gun guys.  There is plenty of wealthy people with Cherry Ridge, Old Bridge and CJRPC memberships who can use a calculator.  More than that... it is about safety... notice how you generally don't have as many shooting accidents at a private gun club versus a public range?

 

Maks, we agree more than we disagree.  In my mind it's all about nuance & perception.  Yes eventually North Jersey MIGHT run out of Yuppies willing to pay for a luxury experience.  Taking one look at a typical 2-3 hour wait at most indoor luxury ranges on weekends dispels the saturation point argument for the time being.  From an economics standpoint, the "tell" will be seen along the Rt. 17 corridor in Bergen County's town of Ramsey.  Ramsey's Rt. 17 is loaded with nearly every high-end car importer.  When they start laying-off sales staff & shrinking their inventories then I'll be concerned for luxury ranges, not before.

There may not be "Happy Endings" in the VIP lounges but the market is willing to bear the price-point and being able to cut waiting lines to get a port appeals to some, so it will exist whether you & I like it or not.

Luxury ranges enjoy a unique appeal like no other.  Taking an Uber from NYC to a range, shooting with a group for a couple hours renting guns & buying ammo is a "Thing"!  It's something us "Cheapsters" & experienced gun guys & gals won't do.  Yes I separated "Cheapsters & "Experienced" because they employ a similar mindset even though they start from a different perspective.  "Experienced Shooters" like myself remember being handed a $5 dollar bill (at age 12) to go into K-Mart to buy a 500 round brick of .22's & giving their Dad the CHANGE since it was only $3.99 on SALE!  "Cheapsters" can be made outta $$$ and simply be allergic to spending it :) .

Most gun owners are casual owners that don't know a mag ban goes into effect on 10 December.  The Forum is filled with such banter.  It's like reading "The Awakening", lol!  Yes they can use a calculator.  Some even have common sense.

Safety wise the luxury ranges excel.  Their RSO's are well trained and kind to the customers.  What you call a "shooting accident" I refer to as a "DELIBERATE" since suicide isn't an accident, it's a deliberate act.  Unaccompanied men aren't allowed to rent guns at most luxury ranges for that reason.  A private club member (OBRPC, CJR&PC, etc.) generally doesn't need to go to the range to rent a gun to do harm to themselves since they already OWN firearms.  I've never been swept at a luxury range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Maksim said:

 

Yes... and who do you think does a more effective service?  Paying $300 to take your kids shooting at a range (rentals, walk ons, etc.)  OR  Like we did at the clay shoot?  Or the Kids shoot free or women's day events that private clubs hold?

Just recently here at a local range they did a kids fishing, hunting and shooting day.  Bussed in kids and everyone pitched in.

Charging high range fees or catering to "yuppies" does very little to create long term gun owners.

Catering to those willing to pay for the "experience" also does little.

The most active people in the gun rights community are those that are involved and belong to organizations... such as yours.  

I see both sides to this coin.  High range fees keep folks from exploring gun ownership & the fun of shooting.  Ranges like GFH have cut their walk-on fee down to just $10 for Tony Simon's Diversity Shoots (age 8 & up), Second Amendment Women Port Meet-Ups, etc.  So those that what to be the "Tip of the Spear" for 2A can & do recognize the challenge of presenting an affordable-by-the-masses program.

Catering to those willing to pay for the experience gives the luxury ranges a front seat as far as making donations to support both their local communities and especially the gun community in general and Second Amendment groups in specific.

You're right about the gun rights community.  Thank-you!

~R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

I see both sides to this coin.  High range fees keep folks from exploring gun ownership & the fun of shooting.  Ranges like GFH have cut their walk-on fee down to just $10 for Tony Simon's Diversity Shoots (age 8 & up), Second Amendment Women Port Meet-Ups, etc.  So those that what to be the "Tip of the Spear" for 2A can & do recognize the challenge of presenting an affordable-by-the-masses program.

Catering to those willing to pay for the experience gives the luxury ranges a front seat as far as making donations to support both their local communities and especially the gun community in general and Second Amendment groups in specific.

You're right about the gun rights community.  Thank-you!

~R

The original point I made a while back was that the indoor membership models only really make sense for what I’d say are the people who own their own and bring ammo. Of all the models, longshots actually offers free range time on weekends (early am) and weekdays. This is what I see as the best bang for buck (excluding outdoor ranges).

p.s.- pretty sure “tip of the spear” is trademarked and that guy will come for royalties!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Maksim said:

Charging high range fees or catering to "yuppies" does very little to create long term gun owners.

Catering to those willing to pay for the "experience" also does little.

The most active people in the gun rights community are those that are involved and belong to organizations... such as yours.  

To this point I'd say that the "long term gun owners" can use as many of the casual/yuppie/occasional shooter in our corner as possible.

I can't afford a membership at Reloaderz or GFH (and I can't rationalize buying a membership and STILL paying each time I go) but the more people who go in and out of those places with a positive experience the better.

Do I wish there was a special rate for "serious" shooters like us?  Absolutely.  But since they don't, I hope they get as many noobs and occasional shooters in as possible.  Going to the range for a few hours and having a great time shooting some black fully semi-automatic assault rifles with large clips can provide a little education and demystify guns a bit. They may not become vocal 2nd amendment advocates, but they may be less likely to be vocal against it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Clifton1979 said:

The original point I made a while back was that the indoor membership models only really make sense for what I’d say are the people who own their own and bring ammo. Of all the models, longshots actually offers free range time on weekends (early am) and weekdays. This is what I see as the best bang for buck (excluding outdoor ranges).

p.s.- pretty sure “tip of the spear” is trademarked and that guy will come for royalties!

I respectfully disagree.  Free range time when nobody wants to be there at the crack of dawn on a weekend isn't really a bargain after you've been out late the night before.  Weekdays are great for retirees, but not working stiffs.

You've deliberately excluded member benefits such as discounts on all of the classes a typical luxury range offers.  Take enough classes and the member fee almost pays for itself.  

Keep in mind when drawing comparisons to compare training programs and the levels of instructors.  Joe Blow no-frills range ain't packin' classrooms to hear Massad Ayoob for an entire weekend including live fire at the range :) 

If you paid me to be at a range before 9am on a Sunday I might consider going.

All of this BS still doesn't get me clays flying thru the air to dust or buy me a membership to an outdoor range that allows me to "play w/ EXPLOSIVES" aka Black Powder.  I'm a Shootist.  I don't "fit" into your box :) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

I respectfully disagree.  Free range time when nobody wants to be there at the crack of dawn on a weekend isn't really a bargain after you've been out late the night before.  Weekdays are great for retirees, but not working stiffs.

You've deliberately excluded member benefits such as discounts on all of the classes a typical luxury range offers.  Take enough classes and the member fee almost pays for itself.  

Keep in mind when drawing comparisons to compare training programs and the levels of instructors.  Joe Blow no-frills range ain't packin' classrooms to hear Massad Ayoob for an entire weekend including live fire at the range :) 

If you paid me to be at a range before 9am on a Sunday I might consider going.

All of this BS still doesn't get me clays flying thru the air to dust or buy me a membership to an outdoor range that allows me to "play w/ EXPLOSIVES" aka Black Powder.  I'm a Shootist.  I don't "fit" into your box :) 

 

I’m a working stiff and like to get to the indoor range early on a weekend to avoid being shot in the back by the family of 17 who want to rent a “machine gun”.

On classes, not all memberships give discounts, but yes, if it’s a 10% off per class at $200 and you take 10 classes, there’s value, but you’ve got to spend like $600 to be a member plus the cost of class which is a lot of money.

Everyone is a unique snowflake, so yea, you don’t fit in my box - but many in fact do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, runcibleman said:

I prefer not to have unfriendly if not outright hostile RO's walking around in plate carriers with two guns at the ready (clearly to shoot me with), one on their belt and the other attached to the front of their plate carriers. Each to their own I guess!

lol .. muscle doesn't scare me.  Also every one of their RO's that i have talked to are the nicest of folks, male and female both.  They may look rugged, since most of the them are active/retired-LEO/Military, but i never seen any hostility out of a single one of them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, voyager9 said:

Apparently you aced the class on Internet Douchebaggery too. 

Look, I don’t know this market.  You may be right that the differences between different locations is small compared to their costs.  Maybe they aren’t.   Certainly I’d expect just the real estate and construction costs alone to be a huge factor and those vary by location. 

But whatever.  If they don’t and their cost structure is mainly greed-driven then this place will suffer and ultimately fold. 

not at all, your response was flippent and you followed up with a gem

can't help it if you think you know more than you do and run at the mouth like an ass with diarrhea.  Now go back to the kiddie table and let the adults talk

 

back on track, this thread has really taken a turn.  At the end of the day, high fees do nothing to promote the sport in the state however, business can do whatever they choose to do and the consumer will dictate success here.  Still think you are nuts to pay for time while paying for a membership but if that's what people choose to do then so be it

not all ranges charge for their classes either, that's a foolish argument made here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Clifton1979 said:

Not sure I get the blood in the water for the last few posts, but places like guns for hire do rely volume and special classes vs. the weekend walk in's like many of us on here. I'm not a GFH member, but a while back out of state guys were renting and a box of Remington 9mm was - $27 (where it's normally $10). Their model is to get a one-timers and out of town visitors in at high fees. 

Longshots has probably the best membership deal, since if you sign up for a year you can go in on weekends between 8-10 and get a port at no charge - that means if you go twice a month for a year you're in the black.

I think this new place has two disadvantages - GFH is literally 5 minutes closer to NYC and you have to pass by it to get to Reloaderz, and they are near this kinda awkward u-turn if you're on 23 North. I'd rather pay the $30 once every few months and keep my Cherry Ridge membership for most shooting. 

no blood in the water, guy was flippent needlessly and his response confirmed he's dikhead, not a bright one at that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

Reading all of this BS & supposition is ALMOST entertaining.

Luxury Ranges provide an EXPERIENCE.  They charge what the market will bear, as they should.

Comparing an indoor luxury range with freezin' your stones off outside is just plain stupid.  Different as apples & oranges.  Some folks drive Chevy's & some drive Audi's, Beamer's, Benz, Land Rover, Maserati.  The amenities & price point match the demographics.  North Jersey is loaded with NYC commuters that make six figure salaries.  Folks that drop between $1,500 - $3,000 per month just in property taxes.  Folks that spend $5 - $10K on a bicycle.  Own horses & pay stable fees.  Own a beach house too.  It's all about perspective & disposable income.

Put simply, none of us "Cheapsters" are going to invest $2,500 for a VIP membership.  That also means we won't be sipping FREE coffee & having FREE snacks with rock stars & the like.

Everybody needs to concentrate on bringing more kids & women to the range, instead of pissin' & moanin' about who gets what for a range fee!

absolutely, do this often and think it's vital.  I'll be teaching a friends wife next weekend.  It's easier to do this when the range fees are not stupidly priced which is what the crux of some of the arguments are.  It's a valid point, if you make it expensive, you are not bringing too many people to the range.  I also think the stereotype of the six figure nothern guy paying 1500-3k in prop taxes is ridiculous in this debate.  I know what I make, pay, assets etc etc etc and I'm still not paying $400 for a membership and paying range fees on top of that.  I don't think you can find a better deal than cjrpc but ecstatic other ranges are opening up for obvious and selfish reasons

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, myhatinthering said:

absolutely, do this often and think it's vital.  I'll be teaching a friends wife next weekend.  It's easier to do this when the range fees are not stupidly priced which is what the crux of some of the arguments are.  It's a valid point, if you make it expensive, you are not bringing too many people to the range.  I also think the stereotype of the six figure nothern guy paying 1500-3k in prop taxes is ridiculous in this debate.  I know what I make, pay, assets etc etc etc and I'm still not paying $400 for a membership and paying range fees on top of that.  I don't think you can find a better deal than cjrpc but ecstatic other ranges are opening up for obvious and selfish reasons

 

Kudos for teaching/mentoring!  I wish more folks would do the same!

Agreed, yes it's easier for most folks to mentor at private clubs.  Little to ZERO added range fees.  It's quieter w/o M-4's going off in the next port.  Makes it much easier to teach when a student can HEAR range commands!  That's where I do it too.  I even bring my Little Webber charcoal grill & make burgers & dogs for planned extended days.  Grill right inside the Shooting Pit :) .  And as an Eagle Dad, I leave no trace.

I don't "debate" on these Forums, I merely state my opinion.  It's a take it or leave it sort of thing and a reader is free to do as they wish.  Stating you won't pay a membership fee plus range time drops you into the "Experienced" or "Cheapster" scenario, so you get to pick, lol.  The illustration I provided is fact, not fiction.  I have friends with 200 gun collections & $5K bicycles.  One scan of the parking lot at a luxury range will prove my point.  In fact, on a CNJFO Hog Hunt a few years ago, one of our Life Members stuffed an ice-filled hog into the trunk of his white Maserati to take back to Jersey to the Butcher's!

You & I are cut from the same bolt of cloth.  Neither of us belongs to a luxury range for the SAME REASONS.  Yes, CJ & other ranges like the Club I belong to offer their members a great value since they're non-profits & don't have to pay dividends to investors.  I share your excitement & pleasure that many commercial ranges are providing a safe outlet for all of the newer shooters that bought guns out of fear during the last Administration.  Those folks need an outlet to learn safe handling, attend training classes, and develop lifelong skill sets so they can one day teach others like we do.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Rosey

http://www.cnjfo.com 

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting and outdoor

Image may contain: 1 person, standing, tree and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and outdoor

Image may contain: 3 people, including David Rosenthal, people smiling, outdoor

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smokin .50 said:

Kudos for teaching/mentoring!  I wish more folks would do the same!

Agreed, yes it's easier for most folks to mentor at private clubs.  Little to ZERO added range fees.  It's quieter w/o M-4's going off in the next port.  Makes it much easier to teach when a student can HEAR range commands!  That's where I do it too.  I even bring my Little Webber charcoal grill & make burgers & dogs for planned extended days.  Grill right inside the Shooting Pit :) .  And as an Eagle Dad, I leave no trace.

I don't "debate" on these Forums, I merely state my opinion.  It's a take it or leave it sort of thing and a reader is free to do as they wish.  Stating you won't pay a membership fee plus range time drops you into the "Experienced" or "Cheapster" scenario, so you get to pick, lol.  The illustration I provided is fact, not fiction.  I have friends with 200 gun collections & $5K bicycles.  One scan of the parking lot at a luxury range will prove my point.  In fact, on a CNJFO Hog Hunt a few years ago, one of our Life Members stuffed an ice-filled hog into the trunk of his white Maserati to take back to Jersey to the Butcher's!

You & I are cut from the same bolt of cloth.  Neither of us belongs to a luxury range for the SAME REASONS.  Yes, CJ & other ranges like the Club I belong to offer their members a great value since they're non-profits & don't have to pay dividends to investors.  I share your excitement & pleasure that many commercial ranges are providing a safe outlet for all of the newer shooters that bought guns out of fear during the last Administration.  Those folks need an outlet to learn safe handling, attend training classes, and develop lifelong skill sets so they can one day teach others like we do.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Rosey

http://www.cnjfo.com 

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting and outdoor

Image may contain: 1 person, standing, tree and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and outdoor

Image may contain: 3 people, including David Rosenthal, people smiling, outdoor

outstanding!!!!!!!!!  great job

the more people we each bring, the better it is for us

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, myhatinthering said:

no blood in the water, guy was flippent needlessly and his response confirmed he's dikhead, not a bright one at that

I apologize if my posts were taken the wrong way. But yours were also much more adversarial than they needed to be.  I suggest we drop it since further posts like that on either side don’t help anything. 

 

As for Reloaderz. I hope they do well. NJ needs more ranges, of any and all types. Anything to expand the positive visibility and push back against the perceived stigma firearms have in this state. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

As for Reloaderz. I hope they do well. NJ needs more ranges, of any and all types. Anything to expand the positive visibility and push back against the perceived stigma firearms have in this state. 

I'll drink to that! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, voyager9 said:

I apologize if my posts were taken the wrong way. But yours were also much more adversarial than they needed to be.  I suggest we drop it since further posts like that on either side don’t help anything. 

 

As for Reloaderz. I hope they do well. NJ needs more ranges, of any and all types. Anything to expand the positive visibility and push back against the perceived stigma firearms have in this state. 

I apologize too, I was wrong for going to the next level and won't happen again. 

the bad thing about this type of interface is there is no tone so sometimes we take things the wrong way. 

beer is on me!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see nothing luxury about those ranges. If free drinks were brought to you while you lounged in a big man leather massage recliner while watching every sporting event from around the globe, and then there was an option for a free hand massage with steam room and sauna, then that is luxury.

 

 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, voyager9 said:
14 hours ago, myhatinthering said:

 

I apologize if my posts were taken the wrong way. But yours were also much more adversarial than they needed to be.  I suggest we drop it since further posts like that on either side don’t help anything. 

 

 

6 hours ago, myhatinthering said:

I apologize too, I was wrong for going to the next level and won't happen again. 

the bad thing about this type of interface is there is no tone so sometimes we take things the wrong way. 

Nice to see people working things out for a change, kudos to both of you. 

Don't see much of that anymore. 

We need more of this, to stick together as a group and keep up the fight 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • olight.jpg

    Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

  • Supporting Vendors

  • Latest Topics

  • Similar Content

    • By My1stGlock
      Although it's not a NJ establishment I believe West Side Rifle and Pistol Range is the last indoor gun range that exists in NYC of all places. I happen to know the guys and they are a great bunch of guys. I found out that they are also hurting like all other self owned businesses and someone mentioned they have a gofundme page currently. The fact that they are a 2A establishment and also the only one left in the NYC I figured i  can let our forum members know about their page. They did not come to me about this but if I can help out a business/friend and spread the word I will do so and for a good bunch of guys. I understand that for some of us it's hard to donate but if you can that would be great. If you can also spread the word and post on your social media sites that would be great. I would do so but I don't have any accounts on FB, IG or other sites. If you do donate drop them a message that it was you heard about them via NJGF!
      https://www.gofundme.com/f/west-side-rifle-and-pistol-range-inc
       
      Thank you and sorry for asking......
       
       
    • By Blank
      These will be in NJ Stores soon.

      Description
      100% MADE IN AMERICA.  All MODMAT rifles are made from domestic parts and assembled in New Jersey. Fully NJ and Federally compliant when purchased as a FIREARM. Total OAL 26.1″ w/ SB Tactical SBA3 Brace in closed position CERAKOTE FINISH: Blackened Cobalt, Slate Grey Burgundy Bronze, Patriot Brown or Sniper Green.  MM Exit 5.56 V2 Muzzle Brake virtually eliminates muzzle climb while shooting.  Designed and manufactured in New Jersey. Has NATO grooves for installation of blast shield or silencer. Ballistic Advantage 5.56 Government Profile, 11.5″ Carbine length AR15, Modern Series Barrel.  Machined from 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium steel with a QPQ corrosion resistant finish and M4 feed ramp extension. Ballistic Advantage .750″ pinned Lo-Pro Gas Block with QPQ corrosion resistant finish. Modern Materiel 10″ ultralight free float hand guard  – Full Picatinny top rail and M-LOK mounting in 3, 6 & 9 o’clock positions. Domestic 8620 M16 Bolt Carrier Group and 9310 bolt with QPQ corrosion resistant finish. Flattop Upper Receiver – 7075 T6 forged aluminum with ejection port cover and brass deflector. MM Lower Receiver – 7075 T6 forged aluminum with magwell texture and integrated trigger guard. Magpul MOE pistol grip with extended trigger reach for more precise trigger control. Magpul MOE MVG M-LOK vertical fore grip. SB Tactical™ Pistol Stabilizing Brace (SB3) – provides all of the advantages of a handgun, but with a third point of contact — adding greater stability, accuracy and control. Also includes: One 10/30-round Mission First Tactical (MFT) magazine. 
    • By bhunted
      A fellow forum was asking about a display case for his wife’s pistol I believe. So I decided after seeing some display cases for insane prices, to make my own out of more or less cheap prices. 
      This one will be for my Nighthawk Custom Falcon 1911.
      I started out with a humidor I had when I was on a cigar kick with the club.
      Humidors make perfect cases for your gun. 
      Why? Its designed to keep moisture in so your cigars don’t dry out. Ones that are well made have a nice tight seal.
      ‘But John, we don’t want to keep moisture in. It will hurt the gun’. Correctomundo! But using it to keep moisture out works too! If you are not a cigar smoker, a humidor keeps the cigars from drying out by putting a moisture pad inside. We simply won’t be using the moisture pad nor the cheapo humidity gauge they usually give you.
      So lets start. One used but still in great shape humidor with glass lid. If you don’t have one, you can pick up something decent for about $50. I added a lik leather NH tag to use to open lid. They are air tight and easier to open with something to grab.

      If you use a humidor, they sometimes come with a lil shelf and divider. Toss them.
      Next, we added a little antique bronze clasp. 5 for $12 on Amazon. They come with tiny wood screws. You’ll need a jeweler type phillips head and a small awl to start a hole. Do not screw in without a starter hole. Also a mini pad lock with skeleton key.


      Next, you’ll want something to lay in there like velvet. I chose purple velvet. Rather than buy it by the yard, I actually got 2 - 14”x14” pillow shams with zippers on Amazon for about $11...
      This is a lot cheaper than buying it by the yard plus you don’t gave to sew anything. Just stuff it and zip it.

      You will need something to stuff it. That is your choice. I already had a bag of poly fill from another project. You can even rio open al old pillow and use the guts.


      Next is rechargeable Silica packs. I got a 25 count bag cheap also on Amazon. I chose to line the bottom of the case and also throw some inside the sham.


      Once you beat it and adjust it to get in the right position, you can see how the gun sits and adjust as needed.
      Next is optional and not cheap. I picked up 2 - Sensor Push bluetooth temp/humidity sensors for $50 each. One for the box and one for my safe. After calibrating them and pairing them to my phone, I inserted one into the display case.


      You don’t have to do this but I’m a bit of a tech nerd so.... [emoji6]
      You can also use a cheap digital one too.
      This one transmits data and stores 20 points which you can set alarms in the app if moisture increases. Kind of more important in my safe but....[emoji16]
      Here is a sample of the data. I just put them in so it will take time to level off.


      That’s pretty much it. Outside of the sensors, its cheap, easy and looks great. You can fo crazy with it or go simple.



      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • By Maksim
      I just wanted to take a moment and wish a very warm welcome, once again, to Shore Shot Pistol Range!  @shore_shot
      A very cool fairly recently remodeled range and a nice big store with plenty of firearms for you to try!  One of the oldest in NJ with plenty for both new and more experienced shooters.  I recall coming here after Rays closed up.
      Also, please visit the vendor page here 
       
    • By JerseyJim
      On Black Friday Reloaderz is having an open house.  We plan on visiting and will give a report.  
            Friday, November 23, 2018 at 10 AM – 8 PM
       
  • Posts

    • They Went Out Looking For Joe Biden Supporters. What They Found Is… It is really hard to find anyone who is a HUGE Joe Biden fan which is strange considering that he won the election with 81 million votes.   So strange, right? At any rate, we all know that it was stolen and that there is no way that blubbering Biden won over Donald Trump. However, we just keep hearing from the left that we are the wrong ones and that there are a plethora of Biden supporters in the wild.   So, one reporter decided to go out and find these Biden supporters, in the liberal city of New Orleans. One would think that if you are looking for Biden supporters that would be the place to be, but that was not the case at all.   Independent journalist and podcaster Fleccas tried to find somebody who actually likes Joe Biden… Easier said than done.   Read more here: https://dailyheadlines.com/they-went-out-looking-for-joe-biden-supporters-what-they-found-is/?utm_source=Mailer DH.COM&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:96908153&utm_campaign=DH.com 5-18 7p
    • Hookers and Blow! Buy in is high and there's no redeeming value, when finished.
    • What Bill Gates Just Said About Boostering Senior Citizens Is Absolutely Criminal… Why is Microsoft billionaire Bill Gates giving medical advice on national television? The self-proclaimed pandemic expert who has zero medical qualifications wants older adults to get boosted over and over again.   Gates’ appearance on Anderson Cooper’s show, during which he was treated as a medical expert, has left many sane people scratching their heads. Gates is a software developer, not a medical professional. And as a software developer, he was unable to save Windows from viruses. Why is he being treated as a medical expert and allowed to dictate public health policy?   https://dailyheadlines.com/what-bill-gates-just-said-about-boostering-senior-citizens-is-absolutely-criminal/?utm_source=Mailer DH.COM&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:96908153&utm_campaign=DH.com 5-18 7p   Line up, you old people!
    • If you like the stock and believe in it's growth potential and it's fundamentals then buy it.  It's definetly WAY down from a month ago.  Could it go further down?  Yep.  IMHO stocks still have a way to go down.  How much more?  Who knows!  But I don't see a lot of "good news" out there right now. Stock splits don't effect the value. Just the number of shares you hold. Let's say one share of AMZN is worth $2,000 (which is amost where it is at right now).  You buy one share and it's worth $2k.   If the price doesn't move at all between now until after the split occurs then after the split you'll have 20 shares worth $2k or $100 a share. The idea behind stock splits is generally to broaden the buyer pool and to create more liquidity (more buyers and sellers participating).  People may not want to buy one share at $2k but 20 shares at $2k is a much better deal!!  The value of the company does not increase.  Just the number of shares outstanding.  It's mostly a psychological thing.
    • Majority of court appears dubious of New York gun-control law, but justices mull narrow ruling   https://www.scotusblog.com/2021/11/majority-of-court-appears-dubious-of-new-york-gun-control-law-but-justices-mull-narrow-ruling/     Seems like Murphy should be VERY nervous!
×
×
  • Create New...