None that I have seen.

However, I received guidance from the NJSP Firearms Unit in late May of this year.

• There is currently no restriction on the power level or type of device.

• They can be owned by anyone 18 or older.

• They can be carried.

• They can not be used for unlawful purposes.

• They can be used for self defense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, djw2033 said:

Wow that’s helpful do you have a flyer or email outlining that ?

any idea why they wouldn’t update their website ?

Because that would empower the average citizen? And the administration the NJSP reports to has no interest in doing that? Just a guess!

And let me be perfectly clear... so I'm not misinterpreted... I'm certain there are many fine people within the NJSP (probably most, in fact) who are 100% for law-abiding citizens being able to defend themselves with a taser or even a firearm. I just believe that at the upper-most echelons of the department things are far more complicated (and more politically motivated). It's just my opinion. But, yes, something like this should have been clarified awhile ago! Someone at TTC was just demonstrating tasers recently... and said similar, "Oh, yeah... NJSP says it's perfectly OK to carry them now." Ummmm… so why is this being filtered through other sources... and not just popped right onto NJSP's website? Unless it's just (to them) a lower priority and caught up in some communications bureaucracy?

But, yeah, it would be nice to see it in writing since there were more than one 2A lawyers weighing in when this case was first announced claiming there was still a conflict with another area of written law. But, oh well! I guess all that has fallen by the wayside...? ;)

36 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

..." Ummmm… so why is this being filtered through other sources... and not just popped right onto NJSP's website? ...

They also won't tell you that you can transport a long gun most anywhere if you have a FPID.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Tazers have been covered, and a test case in N.J.. charges were dropped. SCOTUS was clear in Cateano( sp?)

You said that all along... credit where credit is due! The only reason I remained suspicious was those lawyers saying there was still a problem within another section of NJ legislation. And I figured that one "test case" could have been explained away by prosecutorial discretion... (e.g., just because ONE municipality decided not to pursue, didn't mean an aggressive prosecutor in another district couldn't decide to file against somebody for carrying). However... if the NJSP is now giving this guidance out, well... that's pretty damn clear!

Soooo... questions:

• Did the bold among us purchase their tasers and start carrying months ago?
  • Are the more cautious among us starting to shop now?
  • What, if any, training did folks take?
  • Equally relevant, do these thing-a-ma-bobs come in pretty colors and patterns? Anything in, say, a leopard print? ;) 

Great topic, btw, OP!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

You said that all along... credit where credit is due! The only reason I remained suspicious was those lawyers saying there was still a problem within another section of NJ legislation. And I figured that one "test case" could have been explained away by prosecutorial discretion... (e.g., just because ONE municipality decided not to pursue, didn't mean an aggressive prosecutor in another district couldn't decide to file against somebody for carrying). However... if the NJSP is now giving this guidance out, well... that's pretty damn clear!

Soooo... questions:

• Equally relevant, do these thing-a-ma-bobs come in pretty colors and patterns? Anything in, say, a leopard print? ;) 

Great topic, btw, OP!

That’s cuz I talked to me PD chief. 

And ask @Krdshrk. Practicing with em ain’t cheap. And @High Exposure has recommended a type for us civi’s to use.

If you are interested.

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

And ask @Krdshrk. Practicing with em ain’t cheap. And @High Exposure has recommended a type for us civi’s to use.

If you are interested.

Either repeat the "type" here please... or plug in link to point us all to older thread, IF you happen to know where it is. Otherwise, I'll search for it myself and plug it in. Thx!

5 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Either repeat the "type" here please... or plug in link to point us all to older thread, IF you happen to know where it is. Otherwise, I'll search for it myself and plug it in. Thx!

I think it’s 67 pages long.. sooo I’d suggest you search 

Soooo... questions:

• Equally relevant, do these thing-a-ma-bobs come in pretty colors and patterns? Anything in, say, a leopard print? [emoji6] 
Great topic, btw, OP!

No, if I am carrying it is a pistol or revolver. Taser I see as useless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, djw2033 said:

Has the new AG given any guidance as to the allowance of stun guns integers to ge last AGs letter ?

Stun Guns and Tasers are now illegal again, after Gov. Bucktooth's signing the Magazine restriction law last week. They tucked it really nicely into that bill.

Nobody noticed....

4 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

Stun Guns and Tasers are now illegal again, after Gov. Bucktooth's signing the Magazine restriction law last week. They tucked it really nicely into that bill.

Nobody noticed....

Is that legal?  The reason that the NJ Stun gun law was overturned was because of another higher level lawsuit - another point to fight on.

7 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

Nobody noticed....

Yer ball bustin right?..

2 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Is that legal?

No idea, here are a few clipped lines from that passed bill:

t.     "Stun gun" means any weapon or other device which emits an electrical charge or current intended to temporarily or permanently disable a person.

12.  N.J.S.2C:39-3 is amended to read as follows: 

2C:39-3.  Prohibited Weapons and Devices.

h.    Stun guns.  Any person who knowingly has in his possession any stun gun is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree.

https://legiscan.com/NJ/text/A2761/id/1768595/New_Jersey-2018-A2761-Amended.html

Nobody noticed....

They couldn't do that if they wanted to. The law would have to substantially change.

No idea, here are a few clipped lines from that passed bill:
t.     "Stun gun" means any weapon or other device which emits an electrical charge or current intended to temporarily or permanently disable a person.
12.  N.J.S.2C:39-3 is amended to read as follows: 
     2C:39-3.  Prohibited Weapons and Devices.
h.    Stun guns.  Any person who knowingly has in his possession any stun gun is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree.
https://legiscan.com/NJ/text/A2761/id/1768595/New_Jersey-2018-A2761-Amended.html

It's just laziness. Law is the same unconstitutional law. NJ can not enforce it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

If you are interested.

$400 Taser... and finding out one you buy is friggin huge (bigger than my G19).... so you buy another one...

Cartridges are about $70..

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Zeke said:

It’s all ready gone before SCOTUS.

more shenanigans.. and they represent us?

So, the question is, did this new bill make them illegal, or did the previous ruling make this current bill null and void?

So, you're willing to go strap one on and go through your normal routine each week out in the public?

Yes if I wanted to I would without fear of arrest.

Remember the law was never removed from the books before new gun bills

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Remember the law was never removed from the books before new gun bills

The ruling on stun guns was back in November. The new magazine bill was introduced in February, with the stun gun clause in it?

If it was still on the books, why duplicate it?

https://inpropriapersona.com/articles/unconstitutional-laws-still-on-books-cause-confusion-in-nj/

“Unconstitutional laws still on books cause confusion in NJ”

By Kristopher A. Nelson
in May 2007

300 words / 1 min.

From AP/Newsday.com: Numerous state laws that have been struck down as unconstitutional are still on the books in New Jersey, a situation some experts say could be rectified if the laws were just removed. Others say it’s not that easy. Some of the laws are simply outdated, such as one that limits the amount of […]

From AP/Newsday.com:

Numerous state laws that have been struck down as unconstitutional are still on the books in New Jersey, a situation some experts say could be rectified if the laws were just removed. Others say it’s not that easy.

Some of the laws are simply outdated, such as one that limits the amount of money county jails can spend to feed inmates to 50 cents per day.

Other laws have caused more controversy. Some high school students have been suspended for refusing to stand during the morning Pledge of Allegiance, according to Deborah Jacobs, executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union of New Jersey.

The suspensions would appear to be supported by a state law that requires all students “show full respect to the flag” by standing during the pledge even if they don’t recite it. But the law was ruled unconstitutional by a federal appeals court in 1978.

This is quite typical in common-law countries, at least. Actually, it’s probably worse than it seems, since judge-made common-law also continues beyond its immediate use, and may be even less accessible to most people that legislative statutes. And, of course, multiply this by 50 states, a few territories, and the federal government, and you’ve got a really big mess!

• Like 1

And the douchebags in Trenton STILL HAVE NOT PUBLISHED THE SIX CHAPTER LAWS (Chapters 34 thru 39, inclusive) THAT RESULTED FROM GOV. GOPHER SIGNING THE 6 ANTIGUN BILLS  ON 6/13/18

How is the public to know what laws they are bound by????????