I guess I'm the odd one. I followed it completely. She was pulled over a couple times in 2015. Feels the police have it out for her. Pulled over this time and didn't follow orders quickly enough and dared to ask why she was being pulled over. Gestapo yanked her out of the car, tossed her car, and illegally took her dashcam. While charging her with possession of a stun gun.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

My guess is she wasn't exactly pleasant to the officer who pulled her over either, and it immediately became a confrontational situation.

I don't get pulled over often. When I do I am pleasant unless they become unpleasant. Has only happened once. Cop thought I was intentionally using my cell phone in front of him. In reality my wife called 3x and I was stopped at a light and thought it was an emergency. I picked up the phone and put it in speaker mode and placed it down. He started to lecture me and refused to take my NJSP family member card. Then started to try and lecture me at which point I said are you going to write a ticket, and he replied damn right he was. I said then go do so, and I rolled up my window. He was more mad because he thought I intentionally disrespected him while answering the phone. I didn't even see him. I beat the ticket in court because per NJ appellate Court ruling you can pick up your phone to activate or deactivate a function of it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

If NJ police officers enforced the law on stun guns and TASERs, they likely violated a federal injunction put in place by a federal judge.  Not a thing anyone wants to be found out doing.

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/nj2as/pages/1232/attachments/original/1511735116/Tasers_Legal.pdf?1511735116 See p. 4-9.

If they violated an order entered by a federal judge, to deny you a federal constitutional right, there are big consequences.  The same law that held corrupt racist sheriffs in the old south criminally responsible for violating civil rights still apply.

You probably can sue the police in federal court under 42 USC 1983

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/42/1983

And probably get your attorney fees back under 42 USC 1988

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/42/1988

This is really something the ANJRPC ought to be on top of, they ought to have attorneys ready to go on this.  It is free - the police have to pay the costs and attorney fees when they lose.  Police don't tend to respect rights unless they are very clearly enforced in court to the point that it hurts.  Only then do they take rights seriously.  It is human nature.  Nobody pays very much attention to what's in their way unless there are consequences.

14 hours ago, Patti said:

but, I was being followed. I did not move fast enough & was arrested. Meantime, vehicle is illegally searched.

Was possession of the stun gun the ONLY charge, or did they arrest and charge you with others?

Rather late; but, now ready to respond to inquiries.   I should have caught an attitude.  Too old and no longer in the mood for any type of confrontation.   They did not know another dash cam was running where you can hear that I was cool as a cucumber.

The stun gun charge went to the Morris County Superior Court.  The day I appeared, I was informed it was just dismissed & transferred back to Boonton.  Boonton's court is in Parsippany.  Afterwards, I received a letter or summons specifying the stun gun charge is 'downgraded' to disorderly conduct.  With some controversy in the court, the costly case is dismissed.

Still pondering on whether I should learn how to shoot a gun.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

So can one carry one now within the guidelines without worrying about paying a lawyer for the rest of one's life?

By letter of the law, yes (except at prohibited locations).  There's nothing in the actual text saying we are not allowed to.

Fear-mongering lawyers will say don't do it... but then again they also say loaded mags are loaded weapons... so you will pay them for their book.

38 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

By letter of the law, yes (except at prohibited locations).  There's nothing in the actual text saying we are not allowed to.

Fear-mongering lawyers will say don't do it... but then again they also say loaded mags are loaded weapons... so you will pay them for their book.

Thanks.  I've got to do some research as to what to potentially buy.  Any suggestions?

4 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

Thanks.  I've got to do some research as to what to potentially buy.  Any suggestions?

Taser Pulse if you want something that's smaller and concealable.

I got a M26C as well, which is as big as a full size pistol.

M26C on Left, Pulse on Right

tkKsuBo.jpg

For size comparison

raRkKhB.jpg

9 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Taser Pulse if you want something that's smaller and concealable.

I got a M26C as well, which is as big as a full size pistol.

M26C on Left, Pulse on Right

tkKsuBo.jpg

For size comparison

raRkKhB.jpg

Thanks.

Thoughts on this one?

https://www.sabrered.com/pepper-spray/sabre-tactical-stun-gun-led-flashlight

9 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

That's a contact stun gun vs a taser.  Personally, I prefer having the option of engaging from further than arm's reach.  Tasers can be used as contact stun guns as well once fired, or if the cartridge is removed.

5 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

That's a contact stun gun vs a taser.  Personally, I prefer having the option of engaging from further than arm's reach.  Tasers can be used as contact stun guns as well once fired, or if the cartridge is removed.

Understood and agree.  I'd pick one up for less than $20 for shits & giggles.

2 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

I'm saving my real money for a real firearm, so I'm not ready to drop ~$400 on the Taser quite yet.

Come on, it's only money... it's not like you can take the money with you when you die.

Plus, you can legally carry a taser, can you do that with a handgun?

11 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Come on, it's only money... it's not like you can take the money with you when you die.

Plus, you can legally carry a taser, can you do that with a handgun?

I've got two kids to use my hard-earned money after I'm gone.  I'm probably going to but a Mossy shotty, but can't decide between the 88 and the 500.  And no, I can't legally carry a handgun.

I’ve been carrying this instead of a taser:

https://www.uniformswarehouse.com/zap-light-mini-800-000-volt-stun-gun.html

Charges via standard USB mini plug, has an actual decent flashlight, solid metal construction.

Usually gets through security screenings at concerts too: “What’s that?” “A Flashlight.” “Oh, OK.”

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 5:15 PM, DirtyDigz said:

I’ve been carrying this instead of a taser:

https://www.uniformswarehouse.com/zap-light-mini-800-000-volt-stun-gun.html

Charges via standard USB mini plug, has an actual decent flashlight, solid metal construction.

Usually gets through security screenings at concerts too: “What’s that?” “A Flashlight.” “Oh, OK.”

Thanks for the input.  I guess that I've got some research to do.

I like the Taser Pulse.  Nice feel, very light and is very much like my Glock 43 as far as size, so very concealable.  Yes, it's pricy but as noted by others, you can legally carry it and it is at least something in the way of an insurance policy for personal defense while outside the home.  The plus model has the ability to send your location via your smartphone to LE should you ever need to deploy it.  

• Thanks 1